What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Today I purchased one vinyl LP and a vinyl 7" single:

Magic Sam's Blues Band - West Side Soul (1967)

(of course, it's the Magic Sam on this board who made me aware him)

One of Swedens most competent blues pianists plays on this album, Stockholm Slim aka Per "Slim" Notini.

f57302l1y2q.jpg

The Music Mashine - Talk Talk / Come On In (1966)

Garage rock classic that you can find on the Nuggets Box Set.

musicmachine45.jpg

5135KXMEQJL._AA240_.jpg61LzMmXzdZL._AA240_.jpg

Found both of these on sale in the bargain books section of Borders over the weekend. The Dylan book (originially released as a companion piece to the No Direction Home documentary) was a very reasonable $10, it normally goes for $45. Will the Circle Be Unbroken: Country Music In America (with a foreward by Willie Nelson) was 6 bucks, it usually goes for $30. I've had my eye on the Dylan book for a while so I was very pleased to find it for such a damn good price.

5135KXMEQJL._AA240_.jpg61LzMmXzdZL._AA240_.jpg

Found both of these on sale in the bargain books section of Borders over the weekend. The Dylan book (originially released as a companion piece to the No Direction Home documentary) was a very reasonable $10, it normally goes for $45. Will the Circle Be Unbroken: Country Music In America (with a foreward by Willie Nelson) was 6 bucks, it usually goes for $30. I've had my eye on the Dylan book for a while so I was very pleased to find it for such a damn good price.

Do you know how old Dylan is now? I knew he was in town here a couple of years ago. It was kind of a secret. But Weese (the guy that was fired and there was a thread about his talk radio show) told me he was at the Woodcliffe. The best and fanciest place in town just outside of Rochester NY. Im not sure but he may have had a gig at Darien lake-where Tom Petty will be soon.

If you had to pick a favorite song of Dylan over the years, what would it be? Mine would be perhaps, "Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again".

I love the Dead's version of that. If I had to pick a Dylan favorite today it'd probably be Desolation Row. Tomorrow it may be something else entirely.

I love the Dead's version of that. If I had to pick a Dylan favorite today it'd probably be Desolation Row. Tomorrow it may be something else entirely.

I must tell you that I love his greatest hits album volume II from 1971. Favorite 3 songs along with the one I already mentioned are:

Ill be Your Baby Tonight

Maggies Farm

Its all over now, Baby Blue

Isn't this a reference to the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band album? Regardless, it's a reminder to check it out ASAP, as I've had it on my wishlist for a while now.

It goes back much further than that, it's an old hymn that dates back to 1907. In regards to the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band album, it's also been on my most wanted list for a while. I've heard it many times over the years but have never actually owned a copy in any format. It's definitely worth the investment.