What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

On Vinyl:

Cat Stevens - Teaser and the Firecat

The Eagles - Hotel California ( Both for 2 bucks each)

On CD:

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma

The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You

The Grateful Dead - American Beauty

Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band - Against The Wind

I got a Janis Joplin poster, Procal Harom album (on vinyl), Rolling Stones Some Girls (vinyl), Whole Lotta Reunion CD, and my cousin sent me a whole bunch of cds.

Just curious if the Whole Lotta Reunion CD is from Zep's recent reunion show at the 02. If so, just curious as to why one would pay for it when you can get it for free. I dunno about everyone else but when I can avoid putting money in the pockets of bootleggers, I do so at every opportunity.

Yes, it is from the O2 show. It was $20 and my dad bought it for me. I don't download songs from botolegs because I don't know how. I also get bootlegs because some of them have pictures I haven't seen before.

Yes, it is from the O2 show. It was $20 and my dad bought it for me. I don't download songs from botolegs because I don't know how. I also get bootlegs because some of them have pictures I haven't seen before.

I'm sure someone here would be more than happy to show you how to download shows. Sure beats stealing from Page, Plant and Jones. I know in some cases some shows may be hard to find for free but this one is readily available. I imagine if the photos showed up in the packaging they're available elsewhere as well. Not trying to bust your balls, just saying boots rob money from the original performers and that this show is very widely available for free.

I know you aren't trying to cause problems, didn't take it that way. I don't buy them to steal from them either. I don't want to steal from them. I don't have many bootlegs but I really like the ones I have. I'd like to learn how but I haven't talked to anyone who knows how. Any ideas on who may be able to help me?

Any ideas on who may be able to help me?

I'm sure there's plenty of avid collectors here that would be more than willing to offer advice. I'm still learning the ropes myself but have found it's not nearly as much hassle as I originally believed. Usually it's just a matter of clicking on a file someone has uploaded and then I can listen to it in my iTunes. I'm also on broadband so I'm sure that also helps a great deal. I never did bother with trying to download at all when I was on dial-up. I know people that do but sometimes it takes a very, very long time. Still, there are other options such as trading by sending the person you're trading with the appropriate number of blanks CDs and a return package that's already been stamped (commonly know as a "B & P"). For more info on those just Google "B & P" or "Blanks and Postage" for details. Good luck!

Edited by Jahfin

A re-issiue of The Weeds first single from 1966. The Weeds changed their name to Lollipop Shoppe and their most famous song is You Must Be A Witch which is included on the Nuggets Box Set.

The Weeds - It's your time / Little Girl (1966, re-issiue 1987)

62181579_1.jpg

My latest Purchases:

Simon And Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning 3 A.M.

Simon And Garfunkel - Sounds Of Silence

Simon And Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

Simon And Garfunkel - Bookends

Simon And Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Simon And Garfunkel - Concert In Central Park DVD

Led Zeppelin - DVD

Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door

Well, one of my American colleagues gave these CDs to me......thanx Butch!! :)

Los Lonely Boys - Sacred

Seals & Crofts - Diamond girl

The Eagles - Long rd out of Eden

Dana Fuchs - tracks from Across the Universe

John Mayer Band - Continuum

Also thanking Mindy (I know you're looking on baby :)):

Dana Fuchs Band - Live from BB King's

The Shirts - 1st album

The Shirts - Only the dead know Brooklyn

And I bought myself:

Sheryl Crow - Detours

Edited by dragster

How'd you get it, Inga? I found a download for it like....a couple weeks after it happened. Havne't listened to it yet though.

I ordered it.

There is no another opportunity to buy new discs in my city.

haven't seen it yet too

;)

A couple of vinyls:

Tom Verlaine - Cover (1984)

i93928o8hck.jpg

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life (1977

f75077aie43.jpg

Uriah Heep - Demons & Wizards (1972)

d554983f9o1.jpg

Charlie Parker - The Art Of Charlie Parker Vol 2 (195?) 10"

PARKER1017.jpg

Edited by Swede