What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

$1000  mattress , god i sleep in heaven now. {edit} last week i did buy a beat up Dean  right hand cut away acoustic bass for $50 bucks. Sounds fuckin proper too.

Edited by greengrass
sorry my god bed is not musically inclined , so i must edit

On 9/8/2017 at 7:39 AM, luvlz2 said:

It came today! :D I've always wanted one! I've seen them on people's walls in the distant past. Have to do some poster rearranging to get it up nicely in a special place. I have loads of Zep posters up now. Getting my place poster filled again. I love vintage posters!

Great! Congratulations! :thumbsup: It is such a wonderful piece! What makes it to special is that it is vintage and Rush!!! :D 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
Spelling Error

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more Rush posters on the way that I got from the official Rush store, they are super cool! One is an R40 poster, the other a Clockwork Angels poster, and the other a Snakes and Arrows poster! They have a 3 pack of these posters for $20. Can't wait to hang them up!!! https://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/accessories-etc/posters-267/rush-live-poster-pack.html

21 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Became a fan of Monty Python quite recently B) 

IMG_1618.JPG

Welcome to the club, Kiwi. I wonder why there is no Python thread on the forum.
First season is full of favorites. Dead Parrot, Hells Grannies, Two Kilimajaros, Upper class twit of the year and on and on and on.
Maybe you like Bicycle Repairman as much as I do. It's hilarious.

2 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Welcome to the club, Kiwi. I wonder why there is no Python thread on the forum.
First season is full of favorites. Dead Parrot, Hells Grannies, Two Kilimajaros, Upper class twit of the year and on and on and on.
Maybe you like Bicycle Repairman as much as I do. It's hilarious.

Sketches like Dead Parrot, Hell's Grannies, Kilimanjaro Expedition and Bicycle Repairman are classics! :D I marvel at the sheer brilliance of this show! It is one of the greatest comedy series of all time, hands down! It indeed deserves it's own thread! :yesnod: 

Apart from the ones you mentioned, here are more favourites of mine from series one:

I can honestly, watch this show for hours! My mom loves it too. I can't wait to get the DVD's for series 2, 3 and 4! :D 

18 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Sketches like Dead Parrot, Hell's Grannies, Kilimanjaro Expedition and Bicycle Repairman are classics! :D I marvel at the sheer brilliance of this show! It is one of the greatest comedy series of all time, hands down! It indeed deserves it's own thread! :yesnod: 

Apart from the ones you mentioned, here are more favourites of mine from series one:

I can honestly, watch this show for hours! My mom loves it too. I can't wait to get the DVD's for series 2, 3 and 4! :D 

The Silly Job Interview is epic. C-a-C and Minehead by-election are also great. And how nice, that your mum likes Python too.
I haven't watched series 4 for a while, need to refresh my memories soon.

The sketches are almost 50 years old but the jokes are still working. Maybe the world changed a lot but silliness goes on :D

Edited by LedZed66

On 9/23/2017 at 8:40 PM, LedZed66 said:

The Silly Job Interview is epic. C-a-C and Minehead by-election are also great. And how nice, that your mum likes Python too.

The sketches are almost 50 years old but the jokes are still working. Maybe the world changed a lot but silliness goes on :D

That's what's so astounding. This show is timeless! I keep asking myself, how on earth did these chaps come up with stuff like this? I am just so thankful to have discovered this series.

I was watching TV the other day and I couldn't believe how contrived some of the 'current' comedy shows were. Give me comedy shows like Monty Python, Fawlty Towers  and Are You Being Served? (to name a few ;)) any day, over the stuff that's being shown on the telly today! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
Spelling

On 9/23/2017 at 10:10 AM, LedZed66 said:

Have you ever watched League of Gentlemen , The Mighty Boosh or Drop the Dead Donkey? Those are worth looking into . 

On 24.9.2017 at 4:48 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

That's what's so astounding. This show is timeless! I keep asking myself, how on earth did these chaps come up with stuff like this? I am just so thankful to have discovered this series.

I was watching TV the other day and I couldn't believe how contrived some of the 'current' comedy shows were. Give me comedy shows like Monty Python, Fawlty Towers  and Are You Being Served? (to name a few ;)) any day, over the stuff that's being shown on the telly today! :D

Yeah, how did they come up with stuff like that?  I started reading Michael Palin's Diary "The Python Years" twice and stopped reading twice.
The freedom they had at the BBC is unbelievable today. The frst series wasn't very sucessful. But Python were able to continue.

The last comedy show from England I watched was Omid Djalili, well, I laughed three or four times ...
I love The Big Bang Theory very much. It's the only show I'm watching on the telly.

18 hours ago, greengrass said:

Have you ever watched League of Gentlemen , The Mighty Boosh or Drop the Dead Donkey? Those are worth looking into .

Thank you very much, I didn't know any of these shows. I liked the pot report and watched the first episode of the Dead Donkey. Very nice. Death is only psychosomatic :hysterical:

And the computers are very vintage.

8 hours ago, Strider said:

And these last five I just bought last night.

Beach House "B-Sides & Rarities"

beachhouse_bsidesrarities.jpg.a4c6cf47adcf0693bae027a2a756f18f.jpg

The return of Grizzly Bear after five years is most welcome.

600x600bb-10.jpg.922a1a7ba66d173cdd2a99b52b9d3f46.jpg

electrictrim.jpg.8f1456141e0171b9917820e98ea5600d.jpg

tpcovers1440.thumb.jpg.aba82f0ed028f1880278fac4c3027699.jpg

"Windswept" from the TW Soundtrack album has been on multi play here in the JTM household, even my daughter likes it..

7 hours ago, JTM said:

"Windswept" from the TW Soundtrack album has been on multi play here in the JTM household, even my daughter likes it..

Angelo Badelamenti is this generation's Ennio Morricone...Master of Mood.

Today's agenda at the record shop...Heavy Metal reinforcements.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Angelo Badelamenti is this generation's Ennio Morricone...Master of Mood.

Today's agenda at the record shop...Heavy Metal reinforcements.

Kerrrrangg  ba dum.. I'm staying out of record shops for a while I'm trying to cut back, I'm waiting for a few things in the post over the next month. Tomorrow David Gilmour ''Pompeii'' deluxe box will be here, The Stones  "Sticky Fingers" Blu-ray next Monday, Jeff Beck "Hollywood Bowl" Blu-ray a week Monday, also coming soon Robert Plant's new one, The Who "Tommy live at the Albert Hall"  Blu-ray, King Crimson "Earthbound" DVD/CD and of course The Yardbirds "Live" 2CD set and a couple of others I can't recall at the mo.. Some cut back  :-) 

• 2 weeks later...