What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Make sure you buy the remastered version with the bonus tracks, Small Cigar and Strip Cartoon. Strip Cartoon in particular is a great song. Also, the proper release contained Salamander, an acoustic gem.

Okay, will do.

Asia-Live in Tokyo- Reunion tour - DVD

AC/DC-Plug me In- 3 disc special DVD

The Eagles-newest cd with 2 bonus tracks

Creem- a book about the '70's-80's magazine

ELP-Tarkus, Pictures at an Exhibition, and Trilogy-remastered cd's

Genesis-Trick of the Tail, Wind and Wuthering, And then there were Three, Duke, Abacab, Genesis, Invisible Touch, We Can't Dance, and Calling all Stations. Remastered cd's with bonus dvd included in each one.

Genesis-Live over Europe 2007- 2 cd

Genesis-Chapter and Verse book

Genesis-Behind the lines-book

Genesis-1976-1982 Box Set 6CD/6DVD

I still need the Genesis 1983-1998 Box Set 5CD/5DVD

Jimi Hendrix-Live at Monterrey Pop Festival-cd and DVD

Heart-Dreamboat Annie Live-DVD

Jethro Tull- Live at Montreux 2003-DVD and cd

Judas Priest: Heavy Metal Painkillers-An Illustrated History book

Kissology Vol. 3 - DVD all 3 versions so you can get the diff. bonus discs. :blink:

Greg Lake-Welcome Back DVD

Megadeth-Warchest-Box set

Motorhead: Better Motorhead Than Dead: Live At Hammersmith-latest cd

Ted Nugent-Love Grenade cd

Queen-Live in Montreal 1981 with extra Live Aid footage-DVD

Ratt-videos DVD

SRV-Pride and Joy DVD

Taken by Storm- Images from Storm Thorgersons work with Hipgnosis/ album covers etc..-book

Thin Lizzy by Alan Byrne-book

The Who -Amazing Journey with bonus 3rd disc-live in Chicago 1979 DVD

The latest Guitar World-Classic Rock- Uncut-Q-Modern Drummer-etc..

Here's how I spent my $50 itunes gift card given to me at Christmas by my aunt.

I tried posting the images inline from my yahoo japan and flikr accounts, but the board won't accept 'dynamic links' in image tags. I think I've posted photos from geocities before, but I'm sick of dealing with it at the moment.

Shoo Fly Pie And Apple Pan Dowdy 3:06 Dinah Shore Buttons And Bows 08/1/16 10:44 PM

Black Coffee 3:07 Peggy Lee: 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Peggy Lee 08/1/16 10:34 PM

It's Only a Paper Moon 3:07 Nat "King" Cole: After Midnight - The Complete Session (Remastered) 08/1/16 10:24 PM

I'm Beginning to See the Light 3:15 The Harry James Orchestra: The Harry James Orchestra: The Best of the War Years 08/1/16 10:23 PM

Why Don't You Do Right 3:12 Peggy Lee & Benny Goodman: Peggy Lee & Benny Goodman: The Complete Recordings (1941-1947) 08/1/16 10:20 PM

When I Get Low I Get High 2:27 Ella Fitzgerald: Swingsation - Ella Fitzgerald with Chick Webb 08/1/16 9:13 PM 08/1/16 4:54 PM

My Melancholy Baby 3:06 Ella Fitzgerald with Teddy Wilson And His Orchestra: Vintage Jazz 08/1/16 9:10 PM 08/1/16 4:51 PM

Uncle Earl Waterloo, Tennessee 08/1/16 8:28 PM 08/1/16 4:48 PM

John Fahey The Legend of Blind Joe Death (Remastered) 08/1/16 8:17 PM 08/1/16 4:46 PM

John Fogerty Revival 08/1/16 6:42 PM 08/1/16 4:46 PM

The Rolling Stones Exile on Main St. 08/1/16 5:51 PM 08/1/16 4:45 PM

I had to pay top $ for the TSRTS Collector's edition since it was completely sold out on pre-orders in Japan. it was 12000 yen rather than the sticker listed 8000. That's what I get for being slow.

blue oyster cult et live

i just opened it and the wrong cd is in it dan fogelberg is in it

That's quite a big difference too! Darkly ironic too considering Fogelberg's recent passing.

C--MyDocuments-Wallpapers-MusicAlbu.jpg

51WXX4CWV4L_AA240_.jpg

Two of my all-time favorite recordings. These are desert island discs for me. Enjoy. :) Edited by rockthing

In wintertime I have a habit of occasionally buying a CD with a Spanish flavor...I like the tunes to exercise to which helps me from getting to down and out in this cold, dreary season..

I was cruising in a CD store and found Shakira's LAUNDRY SERVICE...It was a reasonable price so I bought it....some tunes are very hot...hot...hot...others are very mellow...

Well..I won't become a belly dancer anytime soon but it's fun to try....and it does warm a person up !!!!!

J.......yah!!!!

I did a few finds today when I went to a local record store. I've seen Jahfin mention The Long Ryders several times, and now when I stumbled upon them I had to check 'em out. Good Stuff!

All vinyls:

The Long Ryders - 10-5-60

lr10560b.jpg

The Long Ryders - Native Sons

i38804wqal4.jpg

Kaleidoscope - Side Trips (classic psych/folk album with David Lindley. This is a re-release by Edsel, the original album is very rare)

d84022lqdr4.jpg

Tom Verlaine - s/t (fantastic debut!)

f61205lir15.jpg

Richard Lloyd - Alchemy (another ex-Television member's debut, great album)

f61208n3u6o.jpg

wilco-sky blue sky

great album.

I think so too. Sky Blue Sky is proof positive that Wilco don't need to be highly experimental every time out just to be worthy of notice. Sometimes all a body needs is some good ol' solid rock n' roll and I think they more than delivered that with this record.

I did a few finds today when I went to a local record store. I've seen Jahfin mention The Long Ryders several times, and now when I stumbled upon them I had to check 'em out. Good Stuff!

All vinyls:

The Long Ryders - 10-5-60

lr10560b.jpg

The Long Ryders - Native Sons

i38804wqal4.jpg

Kaleidoscope - Side Trips (classic psych/folk album with David Lindley. This is a re-release by Edsel, the original album is very rare)

d84022lqdr4.jpg

Great finds there. The Long Ryders are far too often overlooked even though they're pioneers of the alt.country movement (even though they were called "cowpunk" back then) and as a huge David Lindley enthusiast I've been meaning to get my hands on some Kaleidoscope records for quite some time now.