What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My last Rush CD purchase for the year 2017. I knew that I had to have this album, as part of my collection, when I listened to a live version of 'Force Ten', courtesy of the 'A Show of Hands' DVD.

As an ardent fan of the band, I am aware that a major point of contention as far as 'Hold Your Fire' is concerned is the song 'Tai Shan'. As the old saying goes: 'You either love it or you hate it'. I gave it a listen for the first time today and I loved it! Honestly, it is like nothing the band has ever done before. The opening notes were stunningly beautiful. I even thought to myself : "Now, this has to be the most relaxing song on earth". It reinforced my love for the band. This song is truly a testament that Rush was never afraid to push boundaries and musically explore uncharted territory. To top it all, this song painted all sorts of glorious images in my mind's eye. I even pictured myself meditating up on a mountain! Sounds absolutely crazy but it's true! No other band has ever done that to me, with their music. Is it any wonder that this band is my favourite band of all time?! I was also pretty proud to learn that this album came out in the year of my birth!

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

Building my black light poster collection, just picked up some super duper rarities! Really excited about this 2112 black light poster, super-super rare! So is this "The Wall" black light poster, as well as the Led Zeppelin. I had the Led Zeppelin black light poster many years ago, and now I will display it proudly on my wall again along with the others!

5a47070d66f33_2112BlackLightPoster.jpg.f8fa82f634ce65380c8f79f2934f0c10.jpg5a47071fef10d_TheWallBlackLightPoster.jpg.33c8eafe9af20b20243e5ad01e644c94.jpg5a4707ac56fe4_LedZeppelinBlackLightPoster.jpg.bc3b435c4b97b09d81745714c58b5f23.jpg

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never had the original release of this, but I'm quite happy with the sound mix on the re-mastered priest...live! recorded mostly in 1986 in Dallas and Atlanta (I wasn't at that show in Dallas. I saw them on their previous tour).

judas-priest-priest-live-doble-cd-bonus-

Back.JPG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest...Live!

Edited by The Rover

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/6/2018 at 12:51 AM, paul carruthers said:

31CPMTZD90L.jpg

Don't know why I never grabbed this one before--prime Rush from the 90s. No shock, since I've seen the Auburn Hills show from '94 that's all over Youtube....

Congrats, Paul! :thumbsup: That's a great live album. One of my absolute favourites! I was fortunate enough to get it for under $16. :) 

On 4/5/2018 at 3:21 PM, paul carruthers said:

31CPMTZD90L.jpg

Don't know why I never grabbed this one before--prime Rush from the 90s. No shock, since I've seen the Auburn Hills show from '94 that's all over Youtube....

Man, I played this non-stop back in the day.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...