Jason's double bass pedal

Yeah, I thought I heard him say that also. I think they were all a little nervous in their own way, but hey who wouldn't be. I think Plant was just trying to break up the moment a bit by putting that comment in about Jason's double pedal as a joke. His drum kit was real sweet looking and sounding. I have the same kit but in John's orange vistalite copy kit.

• 2 weeks later...
no.

Agreed. I have Ocheltree's video (Trust Your Ears), and I find several discrepencies in it. For example, Bonham never used a felt damping strip on his Vistalite bass drum. Photos bear that out. And I can hear his drums. All five. None of his toms, not the 14, the 18 or the 20 are detuned. Nope. :beer:

Agreed. I have Ocheltree's video (Trust Your Ears), and I find several discrepencies in it. For example, Bonham never used a felt damping strip on his Vistalite bass drum. Photos bear that out. And I can hear his drums. All five. None of his toms, not the 14, the 18 or the 20 are detuned. Nope. :beer:

Pssstt.....

the 14, the 16, or the 18.....

:beer:

That's no pillow! :D

Try this one then - you'll need to see the full size image:

1263350387_7889a461f3_o.jpg

Interesting that this picture has the strip on the batter head, whereas the first one appeared to have it on the front head.

There's a thread right now over at the hotel about Bonzo's felt strips, with these pics & more.

Edited by huw

I like John & Jason's style of drumming for Rock & Roll jamming. Some fans like double bass drumming for the speed. I ike the different styles demonstrated by different drummers. I suppose if you like double bass drumming and that is it try doing this. BTW I do not like the drum solo overall but it is entertaining how fast this guy can play. I think his name is Derek Roddy?

Link

B)

I like John & Jason's style of drumming for Rock & Roll jamming. Some fans like double bass drumming for the speed. I ike the different styles demonstrated by different drummers. I suppose if you like double bass drumming and that is it try doing this. BTW I do not like the drum solo overall but it is entertaining how fast this guy can play. I think his name is Derek Roddy?

Link

this style of playing using double bass drums has nothing to do with L Z or Jason !!!!.

You guys have got Bonzo's double bass all wrong.The reason it sounded like double bass is b/c he retuned one of the tom heads. Not sayin he didn't have fast feet, but alot of Bonzo's playin is easier than it sounds.

You guys have got Bonzo's double bass all wrong.The reason it sounded like double bass is b/c he retuned one of the tom heads. Not sayin he didn't have fast feet, but alot of Bonzo's playin is easier than it sounds.

yeah i want to hear a tom hit with a stick sound like a 26" bass drum hit with a felt beater , but i do understand what your trying to say, your brave challenging the gods on this one.

The reason it sounded like double bass is b/c he retuned one of the tom heads.

In a word, no. All three toms are tuned in thirds just like any set should be.

And I don't think his bass work sounds like a double kick. It's just that most drummers would need an extra foot to pull off the things he did.

Of course, ditching that Iron Cobra or DW5000 for a good ol' Speed King would be a start. Ya hear me Charlie Benante? :beer:

B)

this style of playing using double bass drums has nothing to do with L Z or Jason !!!!.

I want to personally apologize for that post, to you supraphonic. It was my error, that I thought I was contributing to a discussion about music. After reviewing all the posts you have made, I get a clearer picture as to what YOU EXPECT from members of this board.

I want to personally apologize for that post, to you supraphonic. It was my error, that I thought I was contributing to a discussion about music. After reviewing all the posts you have made, I get a clearer picture as to what YOU EXPECT from members of this board.

not necessary at all ,i thought the clip of your playing was great but didnt relate to this particular thread,its a different genre, i like Evsters last post on this ,to the point and in the groove.

After reviewing all the posts you have made, I get a clearer picture as to what YOU EXPECT from members of this board.

Maybe I'm misreading you, Robert, but it sounds sarcastic. What I "expect" from this board (or any public form) is people contributing what they know from life's experience. Learn and grow together.

If I did in fact misunderstand you, please have a beer on me! :beer:

Maybe I'm misreading you, Robert, but it sounds sarcastic. What I "expect" from this board (or any public form) is people contributing what they know from life's experience. Learn and grow together.

If I did in fact misunderstand you, please have a beer on me! :beer:

Yes I was being sarcastic. The sarcasim was directed at supraphonic. That was the post that followed mine that seemed to be sarcastic in it's on way. I will go have a beer now. Hey Evster2012 are you supraphonic too? Just asking and no big deal.

Yes I was being sarcastic. The sarcasim was directed at supraphonic. That was the post that followed mine that seemed to be sarcastic in it's on way. I will go have a beer now. Hey Evster2012 are you supraphonic too? Just asking and no big deal.

No. I'm not "supraphonic", nor do I speak for him/her. Hell, I'm a fricking guitar player! :lol:

Sorry to get misunderstood and drawn into the fray. I'll take my beer and head for the pool now. It's 91 degrees fahrenheit, skies are blue, and the water's great.

Cheers. :beer:

haha:D not trying to brag, but if its the bass bass tom tom quadruplets, i can do those really easy, and fast too B) , single pedal of course

The point is not that many can... I have to switch from my Pearl Eliminator pedal to one with a lighter touch to do them, but just because I can do it doesn't mean I tell the world that JHB's licks are easy. B)