Zep in 77

Nick C

The important thing about this subject is that Zeppelin played 600+ shows. and here we only have a very small handful of bad ones. <_<

I normaly do not post on any negative Zeppelin threads, because IMO the music is what it is... and we can never change that, no matter how many times we take these so called bad shows and run them through a fine microscope . the song remains the same...

I look at it this way: if you don't care for the show then fine. to each his own...

They were human, nobodies' perfect. There were a lot of bad shows in 1969 also.

Obviously you really need to hear Achilles from that night, and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp. In fact, you really should find a way to hear the whole thing...

I think you'd agree with me...

And... yes... in a way... I have heard from someone who was there:

I've probably heard Achilles and Bron-y-Aur Stomp from other nights; thanks for the review from the guy who attended. I guess they had an off night.

They were human, nobodies' perfect. There were a lot of bad shows in 1969 also.

I have never heard a bad show from 69.... maybe some night's they were plagued with equipment troubles. but performance wise thet we always on. the second set from The Filmore on the 27th of April is a bit tiring, but other then that I can't think of one. I have heard just about every show from 69 considering that was my favorite year from Zepp. :D

I have never heard a bad show from 69.... maybe some night's they were plagued with equipment troubles. but performance wise thet we always on. the second set from The Filmore on the 27th of April is a bit tiring, but other then that I can't think of one. I have heard just about every show from 69 considering that was my favorite year from Zepp. :D

Based on the comments of three other Zep sites I peruse, I have only heard serious criticism of the KC show on Nov. 5th. This isn't my favorite year, so I don't listen to the shows that often, but one of my faves is the April 24th show. Because of the way it was recorded Jonesy and Bonzo are really up front in the mix. Bonzo's drumming on ALAIHY is top notch!

But, they are human. Every tour had some duds, but honestly, I think some of the 1980 shows were at least as bad as some of the duds in '77.

I actually like the feel of the '77 tour, at least as far as what I've heard. I may be on my own here, but I much prefer 'Battle Of Evermore' live than on record (even though the lyrics were different at every show) Ha! Love the effects on "Achilles', and I prefer 'NQ' in 1977 than 1975. Vocally speaking anyways. 'NQ' is another one of those songs that I absolutely love live, but don't really listen to the studio version. It was a bit more up-tempo in '77 (IMO) and I love the effect on "babybabybabybabybaby" that Robert would ad-lib.

I actually like the feel of the '77 tour, at least as far as what I've heard. I may be on my own here, but I much prefer 'Battle Of Evermore' live than on record (even though the lyrics were different at every show) Ha! Love the effects on "Achilles', and I prefer 'NQ' in 1977 than 1975. Vocally speaking anyways. 'NQ' is another one of those songs that I absolutely love live, but don't really listen to the studio version. It was a bit more up-tempo in '77 (IMO) and I love the effect on "babybabybabybabybaby" that Robert would ad-lib.

No ,you're not on your own here.Prettty much agree with it all.

I guess I was lucky to have experiened Led Zeppelin on that first date beginning the middle leg of the '77 tour in Birmingham.Pretty fresh coming off a three week break.

Not the clunker show do to road ravage.

Battle Of Evermore-the mandolin intro-better live no question.

No Quarter-absolutely better live,thanks to JPJ extended piano solo and JP excellent solo entertwined with JPJ on the organ.

I'm going to throw in SIBLY also,better live thanks to JP extraordinary guitar work,and RP emotional vocal plea throughout the song.

All these opinions based on one concert.Grateful I saw them "when"and where I did.

This statement, which is repeated by many, gets me irked. I've read your posts to see the multitude of bands you've seen and personally I can't stand many of them. But that's just my taste. To say Led Zeppelin even on a bad night are better than the majority of bands on a good night is ridiculous. I'd say though, they would be better than alot of the bands I've seen you mention (ticket stubs etc.), but on their bad nights, they're don't nearly match many of the bands I've seen.

A bad night is cringeworthy for any band. And yes, others exceed them in that playing state.

Just for arguments sake which Great Bands are you talking about.

Just for arguments sake which Great Bands are you talking about.

Oh my gosh....hundreds.

Dating back to 1969.

Progrock, Progjazz, psychedelic rock, standard jazz, funk, 'Seattle grunge' and on and on. Point being though, when a band, any band is off, there are many of others better, when they play well. Even bands like Zappa or Jeff Beck or whoever if they're off, others will exceed them on a good night.

Zeppelin had their off nights, mostly in '77 and '75. When they were on, they were as good as anyone can be too. It goes both ways.

Today, April 1, is the anniversary of the start of Led Zeppelin's postponed 1977 US Tour, which began in Dallas.

It was an average show by "Zeppelin" standards, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world ! ! ! I had to get my Zep fix on.... and it had been over 2 years since I had gotten to see them ! ! ! Yes, they were a little rusty after not having jammed for a month, while Robert recovered from whatever he "caught" fucking around in New Orleans before the tour was supposed to start.

The Original starting date for the 1977 US Tour was going to be Ft. Worth.

Well, when Zeppelin got around to performing the re-scheduled show, on April 22nd, they MORE than made up for the postponement ! The April 22nd show was magnificent ! They really had their "shit" together on that night ! And they did as well the night before in Houston, for their re-scheduled show !

"It was an April morning .... When they said ... We Should GO ! ..."

I love the '77 tour, but then I've always had a preference for 'Latter Era' Zeppelin (PG and Presence being my favourite albums). Some would say my affinity for this tour may border or obsession, but I disagree...

Anyway, did this up bored at work one night- my take on the tour:

(Typical Set: The Song Remains The Same>The Rover intro>Sick Again; Nobody’s Fault But Mine; In My Time Of Dying OR Over The Hills And Far Away; Since I’ve Been Loving You; No Quarter; Ten Years Gone. “Acoustic Set”: Battle Of Evermore; Going To California; Black Country Woman>Bron Y Aur Stomp. White Summer>Black Mountain Side>Kashmir. “Over The Top”: drum/hand drum/tympani solo. “Guitar Solo”: processed electric guitar/theremin/bow guitar solo>Achilles’ Last Stand; Stairway To Heaven; Rock and Roll (usually with Whole Lotta Love lead in.) More often than not Trampled Under Foot was the finale, or played before or after Kashmir. Heartbreaker would occasionally follow the drum solo. Black Dog played as an encore twice. Occasional snippets of old rock songs thrown in - Rip It Up, Surrender, The Lemon Song as well as, during the acoustic set, Gallows Pole, D’yer Maker and Dancing Days all being threatened, Dancing Days actually getting a run through on the final night in Los Angeles. )

01/04/1977 Memorial Auditorium, Dallas, Texas

Supposedly either not in circulation or doesn’t exist at all…

03/04/1977 The Myriad, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

“Fucking T.Y.”. The sound sort of comes and goes in waves. The band is shaky in places…Page in particular sounds either very nervous, wasted or unconfident in his playing.

06/04/1977 Chicago Stadium, Chicago, Illinois

“Home Of The Electric Blues”; “Great Chicago Fire”. The problem with the recording is that if the level was turned down just a bit, it would have been damn good. Obviously the tape has been gibbled in a few spots…about four minutes of “In My Time Of Dying” is pretty rough going, and “No Quarter” has a funky backwards interlude right at the end of the guitar solo…The acoustic set has rough spots as well, particularly “Going To California”. Shaky show in places, Plant notably warns the audience about firecrackers before they even start playing, but actually not a bad performance. One of my favourites, actually.

07/04/1977 Chicago Stadium, Chicago, Illinois

“Great Chicago Fire”. Sound isn’t too bad, but a bit of the show is missing altogether and there are other cuts. No “In My Time”- short show because the Blackhawks were in the Stanley Cup Semifinals the following night.

09/04/1977 Chicago Stadium, Chicago, Illinois

“Strange Tales From The Road”, “Great Chicago Fire”. The infamous “Food Poisoning” show, where Page more or less collapsed halfway through “Ten Years Gone” and had to finish the song leaning against the drum riser…end of concert, Richard Cole apologizes profusely and promises Zeppelin will do a make-up show…not that you can tell all this chaos at the start of the show, until Page starts playing “Since I’ve Been Loving You” right after “Sick Again”. “It’s a blues night!” Plant exclaims, no doubt wondering what the hell was wrong with his guitarist. The show continues as normal, again minus “In My Time Of Dying” -for whatever reason- right up until “Ten Years Gone” where it becomes obvious something is wrong with Jimmy Page. The recording isn’t too bad, except “GCF” sounds like tinfoil…even crispier overload than the 6th.

10/04/1977 Chicago Stadium, Chicago, Illinois

…then there’s the 10th, which sounds like a damn good show, except the recording is so fucking terrible, distorted and overall fuzzy, I don’t think even the least discriminating fanatic can sit through it more than once, if that. This is the show where Page wore the “Stormtrooper” outfit. Not the “Star Wars” kind, but Jimmy Page had odd hobbies. Anyway, if the intention was to make up for the previous night, they succeeded, It’s just too bad the recording is so awful.

12/04/1977 Met Sport Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Unfortunately unavailable

13/04/1977 Memorial Coliseum (Civic Center), St. Paul, Minnesota

15/04/1977 St. Louis Blues Arena, St. Louis, Missouri

17/04/1977 Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, Indiana

19/04/1977 Riverfront Coliseum, Cincinnati, Ohio

20/04/1977 Riverfront Coliseum, Cincinnati, Ohio

“Gatecrush Riot”. A combination of both Cincinnati shows to form a complete performance. There’s the odd fuck up here and there (“Sick Again”, for example, where Page forgets to start the solo) but I like these shows. Sound ain’t bad, either…

23/04/1977 Omni, Atlanta, Georgia

“Gone With The Wind”. Distorted as hell, but still a pretty good show.

25/04/1977 Louisville, Kentucky

“Louisville Slugger”. Crazy show. Like, what the hell was going on down in front? Were they moshing, what? Plant has to do crowd control throughout most of the first set. The recording isn’t too bad for whatever a 1977 boom box was. Just about complete too, miniscule cuts here and there. “No Quarter” includes Tchaikovsky in the “Boogie” section, after which John Paul Jones heads back to the Rhodes to go back into the song, forgetting that Page has a fifteen minute solo yet…that’s about the only slip up other than what I suspect is a broken string or two from Page (“Ten Years Gone” and “Achilles” from the sounds of it). Mistakes abound in this performance, either due to the condition of the band or their reaction to the chaotic audience, but not a song goes by without a fuck up. Not one of Zeppelin’s better nights.

27/04/1977 Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, Ohio

“The Destroyer”. And it’s umpteen variations…one thing I can’t figure out: how come the “Master Reels” version sounds like a soundboard (much like 26 May actually) yet your garden variety “Destroyer” sounds like a live album? Either way, it’s a classic, and I’m in the apparent minority that actually prefers this show over the 28th. Page is a little sloppy here and there, but that’s Jimmy for you; in general Zeppelin is pretty much on the ball. Damn those cuts though! The first half of “The Song Remains The Same” and the “Boogie” section in “No Quarter” are missing, but we all know that anyway...

28/04/1977 Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, Ohio

“Destroyer II”. The audience yang to the previous night’s soundboard ying. And no, I don’t think it’s as good as the 27th show; as far as I’m concerned Bonham was having an off night, which doesn’t seem quite as forgivable as a Page off night…”No Quarter” is fucking brilliant, though, again with Tchaikovsky in the middle, before a long blues jam straight into the solo. Beavis and Butthead who were recording do get a little tiresome after a while, though…tape stopped in between songs as well.

30/04/1977 Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan

“Hot Rods In Pontiac”. Unfortunately the recording of this historic show -some 76,000 people in attendance, breaking their previous four year record, which broke the Beatles previous attendance record- gives me a headache. Fuzzy and distant. Too bad, ‘cos it’s a pretty good performance, even though it’s firecrackers galore, especially during the acoustic set. I’ve heard worse, though.

18/05/1977 Jefferson Coliseum, Birmingham, Alabama

“Out Of The Way”; “Dixie”. This is an awesome show. The band is having a good time, and it shows in the performance. “Out Of The Way’ is the better sounding source, even with a cut here and there, whereas “Dixie” is complete except it sounds like hell.

19/05/1977 Baton Rouge, Louisiana

21/05/1977 The Summit, Houston, Texas

“The Dragon Snake”/”The Drum And Bass Show!”. Soundboard, not as dry as Landover or Cleveland, but a hell of a lot brighter than Seattle. The show is alright, but nothing special, really. It's Bonham's night.

22/05/1977 Convention Center, Fort Worth, Texas

“Complete Tarrant Concert”. Actually it’s not quite complete…most of “TYG” and all of “B of E” are missing. A hodgepodge of different sources were used, but this is a damn good show, all told. More Tchaikovsky in “No Quarter”; They restart “IMTOD” after Jonesy misses his cue, and Mick Ralphs sits in for the “It’ll Be Me” encore.

25/05/1977 Capitol Centre, Landover, Maryland

“Your Teenage Dream”. Sounds like it was recorded in a garbage can, sorry. I believe it’s the whole show, but it’s another one that sound quality wise you’d listen to once and that’s it…

26/05/1977 Capitol Centre, Landover, Maryland

“Bringing The House Down”/”Refreshing Mistakes” (sbd); “One Nation Dancing Groove” (aud). Dry as a bone soundboard where the audience is just about nonexistent; the bass guitar doesn’t sound like a bass, really…not one of the greatest performances, either, for me, anyway. Whatever zone Page is on, it’s not on the stage for the most part. A spot of “Dancing Days” in the acoustic set, just a snippet. I must admit, the biggest ‘selling point’ of getting this show was the fact that it included -correct me if I’m wrong- Bonham’s longest drum solo, some thirty six minutes something. Alas, it’s pretty boring…and the audience patch for the majority of the tympani section sounds like shite. I’ve not heard the audience source of this show, but if it sounds like that patch…worse than the 25th.

28/05/1977 Capitol Centre, Landover, Maryland

“Crossfire Hurricane”(AUD); “The Powhatan Confederacy“ (SBD). Recording wise a marked improvement, but there’s nothing really special about the performance, and it has a few cuts. I didn’t consider it a ‘keeper’, mainly due to the sound quality. The recently discovered soundboard is much better, even though the show is still rather hit and miss. Apparently Page was pretty fucked up that night, and it shows.

30/05/1977 Capitol Centre, Landover, Maryland

“Running On Pure Heart And Soul”. This is a damn good show, likely one of the top five for ‘77. Recording’s not bad, either, comparable to “Destroyer II”, except complete, minus the first chorus of “No Quarter” and the tympani solo (the rest of the solo is there, but the tympani section can get a bit headache inducing anyway).

31/05/1977 Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina

03/06/1977 Tampa Stadium, Tampa, Florida

“Stormwatch!”, “Strange Tales From The Road”. Concert called on account of rain. Ooops…nobody bothered to notice that there was no rain date on the tickets, and the audience freaked. Too bad, ‘cos it could have been a good ‘un…

07/06/1977 Madison Square Garden, New York, New York

“Back To The Garden”. Not the greatest recording -better than the following night- but a pretty good show. More “Nutcracker” in “No Quarter”.

08/06/1977 Madison Square Garden, New York, New York

“Second Night In The Garden”. The recording is pretty low and distant; another one of those one time listens. Performancewise, a cross between the 7th and the 10th.

10/06/1977 Madison Square Garden, New York, New York

“Rock And Roll Circus”. I love this concert. The audience is going nuts, but it’s a controlled madness, decidedly New York City. And Zeppelin blows the goddamn roof off Madison Square Garden; this is the first 1977 appearance of “Heartbreaker” as well as “Over The Hills” replacing “In My Time Of Dying” in the first set. The recording is a bit distant and fuzzy in places, but the ambience is fantastic.

11/06/1977 Madison Square Garden, New York, New York

“Three Source Merge”. Probably the best of the New York shows. Sounds good too…”No Quarter” rocks! Unfortunately the sound deteriorates considerably following "Kashmir". Another one of my favourite '77 shows.

14/06/1977 Madison Square Garden, New York, New York

The recording stops during the drum solo, but up to that point it’s pretty good, not the greatest sound, but alright.

19/06/1977 San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego, California

“Jimmy PY”. It sounds great, but it’s only a so-so performance, due to John Bonham‘s ‘stomach complaint‘. They probably should have cancelled...almost every song is a trainwreck.

21/06/1977 The Forum, Inglewood, California

“Listen To This, Eddie”, “Mike The Mike”. Some consider this Zeppelin’s finest performance…all I know is that either way the thing sounds so fucking good it might as well be. Jimmy Page could put this out as is -even with that annoying nick in “Ten Years Gone”- and make a billion dollars. This is rock concert as cinema verite- in spite of the drunk “ ‘Heartbreaker’!!!” guy, although the “Bring on Neil Young!” bit during the acoustic set is classic. And the performance is just about spotless…this might not be Led Zeppelin’s best concert, but it’s as perfect an example of a ‘good night’ as any, plus it sounds awesome. Consider: sixth row. Perfect sound (well, okay, could use a bit more bass maybe)…I’ve heard this goddamn thing a zillion times and it can still blow me away.

22/06/1977 The Forum, Inglewood, California

“Time Traveller”. Pretty good, but lacking the sound of the 21st. What can you say? They play both “In My Time Of Dying” and “Over The Hills And Far Away”…

23/06/1977 The Forum, Inglewood, California

“For Badgeholders Only”. Now, this one goes down in my personal books as Zeppelin’s finest moment. If for no other reason that Keith Moon sits in, turning “Over The Top” into a drum duel and bashing away during the encores as well, even making a speech or two (unfortunately he never did make it back to L.A. with his backing group). There is the odd technical difficulty, Page’s guitar and Jonesy’s Mellotron decide to misbehave at certain points in the show, but the performance has either a lot of balls or a hell of a lot of cocaine behind it. The recording takes a little getting used to, it’s a bit harsh in places. “No Quarter” on it improves, and “No Quarter” rocks the house tonight, with a long blues jam going into an epic three way cat and mouse solo. Throw in all the “Badgeholders” references between songs, of course, and you’ve got the makings of a classic rock concert.

25/06/1977 The Forum, Inglewood, California

“Saturday Night At The Forum”, “Rip It Up” (which plays just about helium speed fast!). The general meeting of the L.A. Badgeholders continues, with a performance that it very good when it’s good or simply mediocre. “In My Time Of Dying” is the keeper.

26/06/1977 The Forum, Inglewood, California

“Take The High Road”. More of the same.

27/06/1977 The Forum, Inglewood, California

“Sunset”, “Deep Striker”. And, finally -for what turns out to be the last time- Zeppelin pulls out all the stops in L.A. Damn near four hours. Long acoustic set, with “I Can’t Be Satisfied” and “Dancing Days” thrown in. Another personal favourite, really, it sounds a lot like a bassier version of the 21st. It’s an epic concert, with a lot of experimentation.

17/07/1977 Kingdome, Seattle, Washington

“Sleeping Sickness In Seattle”, “Jupiter And Saturn” (sbd); “To Kingdome Come” (aud). Well…you either love or hate this show. Plant’s voice is shot for the most part, and Jimmy Page is playing like he’s on acid, among other things, but Jones and Bonham hold up the bottom end nicely. Another epic show, with half hour “No Quarter”’s, drum solos (as things turned out, the last one) and bow guitar solos. Also another 70000+ audience. The video from the show exists as well. Performance wise, a harbinger of things to come...

20/07/1977 A.S.U. Activities Center, Tempe, Arizona

“Tempe ‘77”. The title is all that needs to be said, really (note it’s the only date that doesn’t really have one). Any Zeppelin fanatic will know what you mean when you say “Tempe”. This show has the chaotic nature of Seattle to the nth degree…the first set is missing. The acoustic set is just about passable, again plagued with firecrackers and technical difficulties. It goes downhill from there…to a derailing rollercoaster of a “Trampled Under Foot”, Page finally saying “To hell with ‘White Summer’!” and straight into “Kashmir”, followed by the worst performance of “Achilles Last Stand” ever; it sounds like a garage band, not Led Zeppelin, with tape bleed underneath to boot. Bonham doesn’t even hang around for the end of “Stairway” and then it’s Plant’s “Thank you; you’ve been kind” and that’s it- probably not a show the band were slapping themselves on the back about afterwards.

23/07/1977 Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, California

Another moment in Zeppelin history: Grant and Cole stomping one of Bill Graham’s people, the ultimate rock and roll management showdown. Not that you’d tell from the recording of the concert, of course…the performance is only so-so, though…Zeppelin hadn’t even had their coffee yet before taking the stage, and it shows.

24/07/1977 Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, California

“A Fighting Finish”. Heh heh. Not that they knew it at the time (facing charges over the previous day or not) but here’s Led Zeppelin’s final American concert: a decidedly sullen show, with Robert Plant constantly sucking up to Bill Graham Presents in every spare moment -perhaps part of the reason why whoever was recording turned off the tape between songs. It sounds pretty good, but the performance is what it is- a band basically performing under duress. And it would get worse from there, because:

30/07/1977 Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana (cancelled)

At this point Led Zeppelin arrived in New Orleans only to discover Robert Plant’s five year old son had died back home in England, and that was it for the tour.

02/08/1977 Stadium, Chicago, Illinois (cancelled)

03/08/1977 Stadium, Chicago, Illinois (cancelled)

06/08/1977 Rich Stadium, Buffalo, New York (cancelled)

09/08/1977 Arena, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania (cancelled)

10/08/1977 Arena, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania (cancelled)

13/08/1977 JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (cancelled)

I find everything from the '77 tour up to 4/27 to be virtually unlistenable. I try to listen to every show at least once, but Oklahoma, Atlanta, Chicago, Cincy etc....those are just torture. How anyone could make any inferences about Zep's playing from those shows is beyond me. You can throw in the 'Dome show too, because if I didn't attend, I would never listen to that either.

I find everything from the '77 tour up to 4/27 to be virtually unlistenable. I try to listen to every show at least once, but Oklahoma, Atlanta, Chicago, Cincy etc....those are just torture. How anyone could make any inferences about Zep's playing from those shows is beyond me. You can throw in the 'Dome show too, because if I didn't attend, I would never listen to that either.

(First off I must say your avatar is torturing me at the moment, since I'm currently smokeless till later this afternoon!)

I agree, the shows you mentioned are pretty rough going, sound-quality wise (except I maintain the Cincinnati shows sound pretty good), but you have to concede, as a whole the first leg of the 1977 Tour Of The United States was a damn sight better than the third!

BTW, I salute you for having seen the Pontiac show...from the recording it sounds like it was fucking insane- I'd imagine it was...

What I don't understand is how they are so much better for instance on 6/21 at the Forum than most other nights. It's like they decided it was time to play a great show and did it. I just can't understand the ups and downs of this tour. It MUST have been the drugs.

I still think, however, that generally the 69-72 era was THE era for Zep. But listening to "Listen to this Eddie" makes me a believer of later Zep.

I was at the OKC show and (being a Page fan) was a little more than dissapointed seeing him so f*cked up that he fell down several times during the show and was eventually propped up on a stool for the rest of the gig.

I was at the OKC show and (being a Page fan) was a little more than dissapointed seeing him so f*cked up that he fell down several times during the show and was eventually propped up on a stool for the rest of the gig.

I think that says it all about the 1977 tour. 90% awful.

I highly recomend "Destroyer"....I have been listening to this show for over 20 years and I still love it!

I just don't understand what is wrong with the show? Page is in good form, Plant is excellent, and Bonzo and Jones are great!.

The bashing of Destroyer (April 27th 77) really blows my mind. :angry:

So where can this be obtained? or are we not to say such things in this forum, because I would love to get my hands on a copy.

So where can this be obtained? or are we not to say such things in this forum, because I would love to get my hands on a copy.

You may not feel the same way once you've heard it. Try "Listen To This Eddie" or "For Badgeholders Only" from the 1977 Los Angeles shows. Infinitely superior.

Destroyer is IMO the best sounding SB from 77....I love the show and so do many others just go to UU and check out the Bakers Dozen....

every SB I have either bought. or downloaded. hit the waste basket after a few listening.. while 25 years running, I am still cranking this show! it's not the upity style like Eddie. just an in your face kind of performance. those are the kind I like.

I also like the LA show from the 25th more than the 21st or 23rd.....it's Page's best night. and another in your face kinda show.

lillian,

I will send you a PM later today giving you all the info you need to start getting anything you want....it's easy :D

I don't know if you still do, but when I was at the JPJ board, most people had a thing against Robert. Can I ask what it is?

Because Plant is a prick to Jones?

The "parking the car" comment, leacing him out of Page and Plant and basically wisecracking about him at every interview would piss me off if I were JPJ.

Archived