Enough of the Robert Plant bashing!

zooma

It seems to me that alot of Zeppelin fans are quick to find fault with Robert for not touring with Zeppelin and going his own way. Give the guy a break, he has been there and done that and does not owe anybody anything. Zeppelin was the best band to ever walk the earth IMHO but Robert has moved on and we are lucky to still have him performing and giving us good music to listen to. He is almost 60 years old and still a GREAT singer ,although his voice has changed since the Zeppelin days as everybodys does after 30+ years. Just think of the physical toll it must take on a man of his age to sing in the Zeppelin style at 60. Jimmy and JPJ can still play the notes with their fingers but for Robert, the high notes come with more of a physical price to pay. Appericiate how great Zeppelin was, but nothing lasts forever.

It seems to me that alot of Zeppelin fans are quick to find fault with Robert for not touring with Zeppelin and going his own way. Give the guy a break, he has been there and done that and does not owe anybody anything. Zeppelin was the best band to ever walk the earth IMHO but Robert has moved on and we are lucky to still have him performing and giving us good music to listen to. He is almost 60 years old and still a GREAT singer ,although his voice has changed since the Zeppelin days as everybodys does after 30+ years. Just think of the physical toll it must take on a man of his age to sing in the Zeppelin style at 60. Jimmy and JPJ can still play the notes with their fingers but for Robert, the high notes come with more of a physical price to pay. Appericiate how great Zeppelin was, but nothing lasts forever.

I think his voice was superb at the O2 show. Truly some of his best vocals. But Robert's the one who urged the band to do this reunion concert in the first place; they worked their tails off for months thinking a tour would follow, then wham. Nothing. Robert needs to come up with a "really really good reason" for withdrawing from Led Zeppelin, disapointing millions of fans and his mates of 40 years. I know I'm waiting for one. After missing seeing Zeppelin by 3 weeks in 1980 due to Bonzo's death, believe me, I'm waiting for a really really good excuse. I've loved this band's music for over 30 years. It's depressing to see it all go to waste- again.

But Robert's the one who urged the band to do this reunion concert in the first place; they worked their tails off for months thinking a tour would follow, then wham. Nothing.

Robert's the one who deferred the reunion in the first place. Led Zeppelin was invited to

perform at the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert in New York last Spring. He preferred not

to, until Mica Ertegun appealed to him directly and a suitable event was arranged to be

held on British soil.

The rehearsals were necessary to perform the one-off gig. No one in the band ever anticipated a tour to follow, seeing as Robert and Jason were already firming up their

own tours through July 2008.

The rehearsals were necessary to perform the one-off gig. No one in the band ever anticipated a tour to follow, seeing as Robert and Jason were already firming up their

own tours through July 2008.

You obviously didn't read or hear the tone of Jimmy's voice after Robert announced his tour with Krauss. First Jimmy's interviews were upbeat, then after the news that we all heard- which was prior to the O2 concert- Jimmy sounded annoyed. And you can't possibly sit there and tell me that Jimmy didn't antipate a world tour if the O2 concert was a success. Who are you fooling?

You obviously didn't read or hear the tone of Jimmy's voice after Robert announced his tour with Krauss. First Jimmy's interviews were upbeat, then after the news we all heard, he just sounded annoyed. And you can't possibly sit there and tell me that Jimmy didn't antipate a world tour if the O2 concert was a success. Who are you fooling?

I can suggest to you Jimmy Page has never anticipated a Led Zeppelin World Tour as

a result of the 02 Arena event. Of course he's disappointed Robert has not committed to doing anything further with Zeppelin, but he's trying to remain optimistic as to what the future holds. I would not be surprised if the future holds a reformation of Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation for studio work on their next album. When that happens, Jimmy has got to consider other options.

I can suggest to you Jimmy Page has never anticipated a Led Zeppelin World Tour as

a result of the 02 Arena event. Of course he's disappointed Robert has not committed to doing anything further with Zeppelin, but he's trying to remain optimistic as to what the future holds. I would not be surprised if the future holds a reformation of Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation for studio work on their next album. When that happens, Jimmy has got to consider other options.

Actually Robert has told the rest of the band he will be working with T-Bone and AK on a new album after the tour. On the topic, we as Zeppelin fans have every right to comment/criticize on Roberts choice. He is not above criticism. I do not know anyone who is. As far as what a toll it would take on him, he has chosen to work, just not with Zeppelin. So I do not see that being an issue.

I would just like to see Jimmy hit the road and forget about Robert. If he dont want to do it, screw it. Jimmy could do a million other things without him.

Regards

cav

Instead of bashing Robert Plant, maybe we should bash Alison Krauss! She's becoming the Yoko Ono of Led Zeppelin, except she's a lot prettier and can actually sing good!

I'm just joking, I've got nothing against Alison Krauss...

I mentioned in another thread earlier today that the timing for this tour with her is just screwing everything up as far as hope for a Zeppelin world tour in the immediate future. It's not really anybody's fault. After all, Plant and Krauss started their project long before the 02 Arena gig came about.

I know I'm waiting for one. After missing seeing Zeppelin by 3 weeks in 1980 due to Bonzo's death, believe me, I'm waiting for a really really good excuse. I've loved this band's music for over 30 years. It's depressing to see it all go to waste- again.

I hear you I hear you. But you gotta get on with it mate. It's a NO right now and that's the reality of it. Robert said there has got to be a really really good cause for them to do another one-off show - albeit fingers crossed it will not have to be another tribute to a dead person connected with Led Zep, but a good happy cause - and that's that. Don't be sad. Led Zep in their heyday sticks to my mind and bring happy thoughts. What will bring me sad thoughts are images of the band looking old and tired and craggy onstage, show after show, for me it all but ends the mystique that's Led Zeppelin. Of course none of them will ever look creepy like Keith Richards or Mick Jagger do, or botox jobs like the long-haired boyband Bon Jovi does, them being a lot lot more good-looking and authentic rock from the getgo. Also Robert mentioned in his radio interview in PA along with AK, that what he did when he was 20 with Led Zep were all about being dynamic, now he finds the AK project comfortable. This guy was is the ultimate Rock god, the ONLY Rock god. But he has been long and searching. Whether he has found what he's looking for or not, it clearly is not trudging memory lane for a mile stretch. If they do few more one-offs, yay, or an album yay, but a tour - I just feel they will go down the route taken by otherwise washed-up rock bands if they do. No offense but just look at Ozzy. He looks dazed and confused and I'm sure he's not high. Who doesn't wanna see Led Zep? Who doesn't wanna see Robert Plant? But I'd like a special occasion to be able to do that. THE Ticket. It's been so common for aging rock bands to do reunion tours these days. I do of course appreciate the mature Led Zep. However, My Led Zep is more special than that. My 2 cents.

the timing for this tour with her is just screwing everything up as far as hope for a Zeppelin world tour in the immediate future.

I'm sure Robert is crying himself to sleep each night, right after he has a bit of tea while eyeing the Raising Sand grammy on his mantlepiece.

He has every right to let the Raising Sand thing run its course.

I'm waiting to bash him until AFTER the tour is over.

It's not really anybody's fault. After all, Plant and Krauss started their project long before the 02 Arena gig came about.

True. Although I think the Plant-Krauss project benefited a lot from the media blitz created by O2. Not entirely of course. But to some extent. Really not a bad thing.

After O2, Led Zep mania soared once more. Fans want more Led Zep. RP's fans look at Robert Plant these days and see - or wish to see again - the Mighty long-maned Viking his chest pumping with energy, his voice wailing - therefore the wild clamour for anything Robert Plant. But no doubt AK and RP are also artists in their own right.

Actually I wasn't even thinking about that; I've been distracted watching Brett Michaels House of Love re-runs.

You obviously didn't read or hear the tone of Jimmy's voice after Robert announced his tour with Krauss. First Jimmy's interviews were upbeat, then after the news that we all heard- which was prior to the O2 concert- Jimmy sounded annoyed. And you can't possibly sit there and tell me that Jimmy didn't antipate a world tour if the O2 concert was a success. Who are you fooling?

I don't think Jimmy anticipated anything. It was slated as a one-off gig from the beginning. I wouldn't doubt if there was hope that if it went well (which it did of course) that there could be something further down the line but Robert's project with Alison was already in the works and there was no secret they were touring in 08 even before the Zep concert.

True. Although I think the Plant-Krauss project benefited a lot from the media blitz created by O2. Not entirely of course. But to some extent. Really not a bad thing.

After O2, Led Zep mania soared once more. Fans want more Led Zep. RP's fans look at Robert Plant these days and see - or wish to see again - the Mighty long-maned Viking his chest pumping with energy, his voice wailing - therefore the wild clamour for anything Robert Plant. But no doubt AK and RP are also artists in their own right.

Actually I would say for a time Raising Sand got buried in the press in favor of anticipation of the 02 show and then for a bit post show discussion.

Imagine the flak if Robert had nothing in the works prior or post the show 02 and said no to touring.

I think some of the anger would have been a bit more legit.

The reunion lit all our fires and its only natural that we want them to burn for a long time.

There is no official definitive no to anything at the moment so we just don't know what will happen.

I truly hope zep do something more but I can't see a major tour and i wouldn't want us all to go through the stress and trauma of a lottery for tickets for one off shows too often.

I think if they announced a handful of shows some of us would be left very disappointed and they aren't going to do a tour that would meet everyones need/desire to see them. Only those with the money and mobility would if they don't do a city near us. Especially those of you in theNorth America, Australia etc.

eg if they did a tour only of Europe imagine how many others from around the world would be upset. And if they only did the USA those of us elsewhere would be.

Zep wouldn't be able to win cos they would have to do every major city in the known world to feed us.

I too wouldn't want to see them become a parody of what Zeppelin was, or a travelling circus and then see them as just a sad old band touring the world or it all falling apart during a tour.

I want to see them as fresh and innovative.

The 02 was fresh, it was everything I could have wanted from the guys and more given the break they have had. It would be one hell of a final show leaving them on top of the world for me. And hopefully them.

But if they do more then get me a sleeping bag for the ticket queues.

They will be too busy sucking to hear you :D

Any reason you suggest the left one? Your own favourite as a child perhaps?

ya...somebody's mother always told me to take the left side...I wonder who's mother.

I don't give a fuck if they want to hear me or not...To bash Robert Plant is like bashing a brother.(from another mother)

who the fuck are you...i might ask.

I got it from my momma... I got it from my momma!!!

Breast milk is too sweat for me...i might get the Diabetes. But watching a woman lactate is pretty hot :o ...opps took it too far.

have you ever seen a woman squeeze her red "left" nipple?

I think my ma put me on the formula

B)

I don't like jokers buddy

ya...somebody's mother always told me to take the left side...I wonder who's mother.

I don't give a fuck if they want to hear me or not...To bash Robert Plant is like bashing a brother.(from another mother)

who the fuck are you...i might ask.

I got it from my momma... I got it from my momma!!!

Breast milk is too sweat for me...i might get the Diabetes. But watching a woman lactate is pretty hot :o ...opps took it too far.

have you ever seen a woman squeeze her red "left" nipple?

I think my ma put me on the formula

B)

I don't like jokers buddy

Oh I am just someone who understands the benefit of both breasts :rolleyes:

Here, here, well said.

Indi.

Robert's plans to tour with Alison were firmly in place before the reunion ever was.

wait...it took months for us to call a ceasefire on the RP bashing?

shouldn't we have been on top of this a little sooner?

It's ok, they just don't understand him like we think we do...

YES! finally someone who is on his side! i mean his whole life does not revolve around Led Zep, he has his own life and anyway he is still doing a album, "rising sand" and yes too true good things never last everybody gets older, it's just annoying that they were last generation.

im glad he refused and stood up for himself, GIVE HIM AN F***KING BREAK!

Archived