The Sean Bean Apprecitation Thread

FuzzyMerkin

Just because the "beautiful men" thread ain't enough...Drooling allowed. B)

Let's start with Sharpe. I love the films. Great characters, great actors (Hugh Fraser as Duke of Wellington!!! Pete Pothelthwaite!!!) A lot of it is cheesy, stupid (Aztec gold...in Spain...during the Napoleonic wars?) and corny, but it's great fun. Yes, he always gets the woman. Yes, he gets demoted and promoted about five times in every film....gotta love it! :D

SB_sh.jpg

And of course Sean Bean is the only good reason for watching first Lord of the Rings film... :o:rolleyes:

Well he seems pretty busy though he's often playing in mediocre films (like "Troy" or "Goldeneye"). It's a bit unfortunate cause he always seems to get a lot of praise for his performances, and rightly so. And then there's films like Ronin, where he was (once again) excellent...but all people keep talking about are De Niro and Jean Reno. :(

Does he get out alive? Jeez, I need to watch that again...I was thinking they killed him once they found out he was working for the government, but they just let him go, didn't they? Yeah, all I can remember about the movie right now is Sean playing the big-mouthed twerp brilliantly and a series of insane car chases... Definitely need to put that on Netflix! Totally a good choice of character, though, I agree!

I like Sharpe, but I'm not that into Bean. I do think he's a good actor, and was very good (and underrated) in Ronin, which is not really remembered as the ensemble acting piece it was.

Great action flick, reminiscent of the classic 70's era action films like French Connection.

Departed, Ronin, and Heat were the relatively recent action flicks that I dug heavily, probably because they reminded me of the 70's political thrillers and crime dramas that are close to my heart, such as Marathon Man, Parallax View, Seven-Ups, etc. There are probably a few I'm forgetting, but those stick out in my mind.

I think he's a really good bad guy, but a better hero. :D He's a really good character actor too, like in The Field. But Sharpe is closest to my heart--that character's so much fun.

It's jut that his character in Patriot Games is pretty one-dimensional. He makes the best of it but there isn't really much he can do. Plus I can't stand Harrison Ford. :D

I like Sharpe best as well, particularly the social aspect: Poor, almost illiterate illigitimate son of a lady of doubitable profession works his way up the social ladder only to find that he'll be forever snubbed by people flaunting a superior pedigree (and inferior manners).

Btw - want to know a secret? The reason I decided to have a closer look at Led Zeppelin a couple of years ago was that they have this song called "Over the Hills and Far Away". No kidding. How much of a dork can you be, eh?

:hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Sean Bean really stroke me watching LOTR the first time and outnumbered clearly all the other male actors! What a pitty Boromir had to go in the first part of the Trilogy!

Johnny Depp, Sean Bean and Kyle MacLaughlin are my absolute favourite actors - and than darkness for a while!

I follow Aquamarine's opinion - Sean is a much better hero than the bad guy!

Hey, isn't he just absolutely gorgeous?

s_bean_xs.jpg

Boromir is the only really interesting character in LOTR...everybody else is either too good or too bad for their own good. I love that scene when he talks about Gondor.... :wub:

And I think you urgently need to visit the "Beautiful Men" thread (if you haven't done so yet):

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...ic=83&st=20

:D

And I think you urgently need to visit the "Beautiful Men" thread (if you haven't done so yet):

I indeed haven't been there yet and thought it was a joke when I read about it in another context here on the board ..... maybe Im going to have a look, hihi! (Thanx!) :banana:

Archived