John Bonham's grave site; how can i find it ?

barrios

hi all,

i'm looking to go to to john bonham's grave, has anyone been ? is it easy to find ? I know he was buried in Rushock, Worcestershire parish church, is Rushock a village or small town ? Are there any landmarks near the site that can act as a beacon, thus enabling me to find it easier ? I've looked on the net but it information appears a bit vague, btw i live in buckinghamshire.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Barrios

Google Maps is handy for any Zep related landmarks...

From what I can see it's on Church Hill, Rushock off the A442. In the graveyard next to the church. There are plenty of photos around.

I hope one day I will get to visit too.

800px-Grave_JohnBonham_sept07.JPG

I am hoping to visit too. Hopefully, this summer. Also going to take in nearby Cutnall Green, the village where the Bonham's lived and where Jason was raised. I believe Pat still lives in the area. The local Chequers pub was a favourite watering hole of John's. In fact, is that the one featured in his fantasy sequence in TSRTS? Anyone know?

Bonzo pulls up to The New Inn on Kidderminster Road in his hot rod and walks in during his fantasy segment in The Song Remains The Same. Here is a link with a recent photo:

http://www.droitwichadvertiser.co.uk/news/...in_the_cold.php

The Chequers, just down Kidderminster Road, is the other local pub for Cutnall Green and was also a favorite of Bonzo's:

www.chequerscutnallgreen.co.uk

Bonzo quipped circa 1978 (paraphrased): "I'm not buying the bloody Chequers! Mind you, I was interested".

St. Michael's Parish Church in Rushock is located high on a hill overlooking Cutnall Green.

Just follow the signs to Rushock from Kidderminster Road as it is a very small village and

can be reached in ten minutes by car. I have gone a couple times to pay my respects and take in the view which overlooks Cutnall Green and stretches on into infinity.

• 9 years later...

Archived