What Zeppelin Memorabilia do you Collect?

That one should be awesome. A record store in the local area (about 70 miles from L.A.) has part two of that set for $170. If I were going to pay that much, I'd want both parts, but it's seriously tempting.

Edited by publicenemy3

Wow, that much?! I'm glad I got mine for the price I did then!

Yeah. The prices on Zeppelin vinyl are ridiculous, kinda the norm with bootlegs though. And I love how everything is *rare*. They pressed tons of them, they aren't all rare and worth $20 a piece. I just pulled my copy of LZ IV, was surprised to see it was a Porky, Peko Duck, and that side two has a scuff running through the whole side. <_<.

Achilles Last Stand, that vinyl haul is great for the price. How you managed to do that on ebay amazes me.

I collect any and all 8-track tapes. Some of my recent acquisitions...

DSCF4433.jpg

Top row: The first is Australian; the others are from Italy.

Bottom row: The first is from Argentina, then the U.K. and a Record Club of America issue.

I collect any and all 8-track tapes. Some of my recent acquisitions...

DSCF4433.jpg

Top row: The first is Australian; the others are from Italy.

Bottom row: The first is from Argentina, then the U.K. and a Record Club of America issue.

Sweet little colltection of Zep there, I like Italian IV tape. I have around 60 8-track tapes, mostly 70's pop stuff and some rock. I've replaced all of the pressure pads and sensing foil, they actually can sound pretty good. The only Zeppelin ones I've found for cheap are HOTH and IV. I just can't bring myself to spend $8-$15 on an 8-track.

Just wondered if many people collected stuff? I collect Programs, Key rings, Badges, Cuff links and Bootlegs and other stuff. If so whats your prized possession as well?

My prized one is my Original 75 Earls Court Program that my Sister gave me that was my Late Brother-in-Laws.

This is part of my collection Authenticated super rare backstage pass tshirts 2 of them!!!!!! only one other know that sold for 10,000 in 2011 and I have 2knebworthfront.jpgKnebworthback.jpg Edited by markosdream

My girlfriend gave me the wrong signed pic yes it was signed later I will follow up with signed authantification doc from Rickey Medlock he was front man for Blackfoot now lead guitarist to lynyrd skynyrd

Fair enough but changing the original post to read "Signed photo to Rickey Medlock at Knebworth 1982 backstage" is more confusing.

Fair enough but changing the original post to read "Signed photo to Rickey Medlock at Knebworth 1982 backstage" is more confusing.

Hello I am Marla Hayes, President of "Rock Angels of Cleveland" a newly formed group that needs to raise money to" help grant wishes to chidren in need".

This has been my lifes dream . To help children.

We work out of the Ronald McDonald house here in Cleveland Ohio. I used to work with "another" national charity for five years but I felt they were a money making business not giving from the heart.

I have been praying for a way to get us off the ground and by Gods grace a bag of t-shirts left behind during a move 3o something years ago was found by a friend and I cleaning out an old basement a couple of years ago. I have spent the last year and $ 1,000 getting these

t-shirts cleaned and they are incredibly fabulous.

They have been hanging on a rack for months and Mark has been quite upset about how much money I spent and when was I going to get it back. I have not been able to work for the past year and a half due to an M.S. relapse and back injury.

Mr Medlocke is a very private person I understand and I have not been able to contact him.

Meanwhile my boyfriend started looking at them still bagged and Sceamed "OH MY GOD" He told me what he thought the shirt was .

My friends were going to Columbus Ohio last evening to see LYNYRD SKYNYRD and Mr Medlocke was kind enough to see them for one minute after they said it was a matter of life or death and he said yes he was a guest at the 79 Knebworth concert and yes he had two backstage pass shirts and said We could sell them! YOU JUST GAVE 'ROCK ANGELS" WINGS TO FLY! I am still in shock! . GOD BLESS YOU and LYNYRD SKYNYRD. They only help CHILDREN and TROOPS. They took my dear friend,s contact imfo, who won't take no for an answer (you are an angel)(and have huge balls) and said he will give us affermation they are his. The picture was in with a batch of other stuff I had only glanced at and I thought it was Robert Plant but I can't see well

and have not went through them and only glanced. Marko got excited and jumped the gun.

I never count on anything before it happens , and thus I am never dissapointed.

So we will see what happens! Life is sooooooooooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sang Gods praises my whole life always knowing never doubing that I would be taken care abundantly by my Lord and Shepard.

I will not believe it untill it happens but I know with my whole heart and soul that this is the answer to my prayer. I have M.S. , OCD, and AADD which I do not worry about because I know I am perfect and God loves me. And my motto is. "You have to give to life"

I think it so approriate that the begining monies come from Rock and Roll music. And I live in the Rock and Roll Capital of the world.

So remember my name. I plan on breaking the record for the sale of the last known shirt that sold last year, and I hope I will be on the cover of the Rolling Stone Very Soon!

Thank you for your time and have a marvelous day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

scan0001-3.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Scans courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

Steve - when you say you posted this as a "reference" does that mean that you own all of this or do you simply have the scans? Beautiful collection either way, but the professional way that the pictures appear to be shot makes me think it is probably the latter.

Unsure who Rickey Medlock is but this 1982 promotional photo was definitely not signed at Knebworth 1979.

Rick Medlock was the lead singer/guitarist of the southern rock band called Blackfoot. I know they played at one of the Knebworth festivals in the 80's - maybe Plant was there at that show.

Rick Medlock was the lead singer/guitarist of the southern rock band called Blackfoot. I know they played at one of the Knebworth festivals in the 80's - maybe Plant was there at that show.

I've looked into this and found Blackfoot did perform at the Knebworth Festival on June 22, 1985. However, that date Robert performed at The Summit in Houston. I doubt it was signed at a Knebworth Festival but if authentic their paths crossed somewhere along the way.

Man, this IS a great thread. It nice to see other members collections. Outside of this site, I know NO hard-core Zeppelin fans (like myself) Yeah, I know a bunch that appreciate em, but not to the extreme of collecting, bootlegs, etc, etc.

Before Hurricane Katrina, I might have had the biggest collection of Zeppelin memorabilia (anything Zeppelin related) within the city limits (New Orleans) or metro area (just guessing).

Sadly, all pictures (evidence) is lost of this fragment of time. I wish to God I had that one day to go back and do it all over again (take some other things with me, in a frantic rush).......but that's another story.

I did not have any 8 tracks.

I did have every official release on album, 45's, tape and CD.

40-50 magazines featuring LZ (from early 80's-2005)

Hard to find (now) posters. I had a "Presense" limited edition poster along with a Houses of the Holy (full size door poster) just to name a few examples. A bunch of "black light" posters as well, among many others.

(My room was covered with rock music posters/pictures-most were LZ).

A tie-dye Levis jean jacket (with Led Zeppelin pins and patches)

LZ baseballl hat, watch, clock.

30-35 LZ Bootleg albums....some from Germany and Japan. A few Robert Plant limited edition singles, some Firm "live boots", original/unreleased Lucifer Rising (vinyl), etc.

Newspaper articles, clippings from various mags (that I didn't already have in my stack)

Knebworth, Danish TV, various 1975-77 footage (alll on VHS, way before any official releases)

VHS tapes full of LZ weekend specials, TSRTS, Robert Plant interviews, MTV Legends series, Golden Age of Rock n' Roll (with John Sebastian), Headbangers Ball (with Scott Ian talking with JPJ's)...

150 LZ bootlegs - CD

You name it-I had it!

Took me a long, long time to get over the fact that I'll never see most of this stuff again. This "stuff" possessed an extreme sentimental value.

In a few short words..THIS WAS MY LIFE

Actually, it's 2 Originals. 2 Originals of Led Zeppelin is the title.

The inside is Zep I and Zep II....I think It is German?, and was pulled immediately when Peter Grant found out Atlantic was pressing it. Yeah, it is expensive. I have had it for a long time. Maybe 20 years ago. I got it in a record shop, in freehold NJ. Think I paid around 40 bucks for it at the time. biggrin.gif

I have a tee shirt that Jimmy gave me, the 1977 United States tour shirt, sold to the public was white on black, a hand full of black on white ones were printed for the band and their family's, I was at Plumpton and Jimmy asked if I would like a copy of @The song Remains The Same', I said that I had it, although one of the records was damaged, he gave me a copy and signed it, he asked if there was anything else, I said no I was more than happy with the album, he said he knew something I would like, he went out of the room and when he returned he had a shirt in his hand, it was the shirt that he was wearing before he left the room, it was a black on white 1977 USA Tour shirt.