What Zeppelin Memorabilia do you Collect?

Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes: 1999 & 2000 North American Concerts

TShirt5.jpg

KLOS 95.5 Los Angeles Promotional T-Shirt (Front)

TShirt6.jpg

KLOS 95.5 Los Angeles Promotional T-Shirt (Back)

TSHirt7.jpg

KLOS 95.5 Los Angeles Promotional T-Shirt (Front)

TShirt8.jpg

KLOS 95.5 Los Angeles Promotional T-Shirt (Back) (This concert was cancelled)

Courtesy of Steve A. Jones Archive

This was a probable pipe dream fantasy I experienced a few minutes ago as a thunderstorm passed overhead.Steve, my guess is that your archival memorabilia on Led Zeppelin is close to the top rung, if not the very top.I was visualizing your collection(or a portion of it) on display at Jimmy's boathouse.A step further,have other collectors' memorabilia on display on a revolving basis,like museums do.I have no idea if the boathouse would be conducive for a situation like this,or if local codes would permit such a situation to exist.I could picture ,JP,RP,JPJ,and the estate of JHB,donating pieces permanantly,or on loan for this.To have a connection to events and to actually see documents and artifacts at what most of us consider a quite historical site....I may be off the edge on this...

I was visualizing your collection (or a portion of it) on display at Jimmy's boathouse.A step further,have other collectors' memorabilia on display on a revolving basis, like museums do.I have no idea if the boathouse would be conducive for a situation like this,or if local codes would permit such a situation to exist. I picture JP,RP,JPJ,and the estate of JHB,donating pieces permanantly,or on loan for this.To have a connection to events and to actually see documents and artifacts at what most of us consider a quite historical site....I may be off the edge on this...

Your principle idea of a permanent Led Zeppelin exhibit is a topic worthy of discussion.

I think you will find that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame strives to meet this niche. They

have several items on loan from the band. There are of course numerous Led Zeppelin

items in various Hard Rock Cafes around the world.

Jimmy's former home in Pangbourne (the boathouse) isn't really conducive to an exhibit.

It sits firmly within a quiet residential area and as such there is little room for parking.

Bear in mind the risk of flooding, while minimal, is still ever present! Most importantly,

it is simply cost prohibitive to purchase that particular property strictly for this purpose.

I'd like to think that one day a virtual, online exhibition could be launched. One could

argue this, the official website, is already taking steps in that direction, as the current and planned timeline features will attest.

Yeah I thought so too. :)

I just picked it up on eBay a couple of days ago. The album was printed in Isreal... or at least that's where it came from. I should have it next week sometime and I'll post pics of it.

Doubt I'll give it a spin because I have the recent release of III on 200gram vinyl. THAT sounds incredible.

:blink:

it's a counterfeit item (all the recent colored vinyls are so)

the only original is the purple / pink IV from UK

Robert Plant: 1985 North American Tour

TShirt1.jpg

Florida Coach provided the tour bus. This embroidered polo shirt was worn by the driver.

TShirt2.jpg

Hampton, VA Promoter's shirt (Front)

TShirt3.jpg

Hampton, VA Promoter's shirt (Back)

TShirt4.jpg

Tampa, FL Promoter's shirt (Back)

Courtesy of Steve A. Jones Archive

Spent quite a few nights in Hampton Coliseum great venue Saw Robert there in 88 with Cheap trick

:D Got my Israeli copy of Led Zeppelin III on green vinyl just a little while ago. Very interesting this one. It's Martian green and when you hold it up to the light it has these crazy psychedelic swirls in it. The album and the sleeve are both mint. No spinning wheel or gatefold. Each side is mislabeled as you'll see in the following pictures....

Zep3_LP.jpg

Zep3_side2.jpg

Zep3_side1.jpg

it's a counterfeit item (all the recent colored vinyls are so)

the only original is the purple / pink IV from UK

Counterfeit? This album looks old. If they did a counterfeit it's a damn good one. :lol:

Regardless, I love collecting stuff like this. Another oddity for the growing collection.

Counterfeit? This album looks old. If they did a counterfeit it's a damn good one. :lol:

Regardless, I love collecting stuff like this. Another oddity for the growing collection.

yeah, I understand you: this is why there are soooo many colored vinyls in these days.

There's a market for them and it seems that it doesn't matter if they are original or counterfeit. The really disappointing point is that the correct selling price is 10Euro (that's what I paid during a record fair, past year) but some people is ready to pay more and more and more ...

I remember I didn't buy the triple colored vinyl of the O2 gig for 70Euro because I know someone else was selling it for 50 Euro: now on ebay is offered for 150 Euro or Pounds and that's a totally waste of money.

Anyway, I put a new section on my discographies with a long list of counterfeit items: as usual, I didn't expect sooo many and ... more to come, for sure. :angry:

I'm pretty sure I forgot a couple of faken single sleeves but I don't know where I saved the images ... :(

yeah, I understand you: this is why there are soooo many colored vinyls in these days.

There's a market for them and it seems that it doesn't matter if they are original or counterfeit. The really disappointing point is that the correct selling price is 10Euro (that's what I paid during a record fair, past year) but some people is ready to pay more and more and more ...

I remember I didn't buy the triple colored vinyl of the O2 gig for 70Euro because I know someone else was selling it for 50 Euro: now on ebay is offered for 150 Euro or Pounds and that's a totally waste of money.

Anyway, I put a new section on my discographies with a long list of counterfeit items: as usual, I didn't expect sooo many and ... more to come, for sure. :angry:

I'm pretty sure I forgot a couple of faken single sleeves but I don't know where I saved the images ... :(

Thanks for the heads up Luke. Fwiw, I only paid $10 for that Israeli copy of III. I limit my budget for collecting things like that. It's more or less a novelty item... a conversation piece, if you will.

I believe he wore those shorts onstage at the Gorge in Washington State (5/27/95).

Would be interested to hear where and when those photos were taken.

These pictures were taken in the Boulderado Hotel in Boulder<CO on Sunday May 7, 1995 at around 4:00pm.

Hi Frank. I wondered where Bonzo's hat went. Sounds like it's in good hands.

Thank you , Steve! Yes it is well enshrined. It only comes out on very rare occasions.......or if I'm losing at poker. ha ha! j/k.

Did you make it to O2 for Zep? I haven't been on here in some time so I don't know if you made mention of being there. I sometimes feel like I'm in the kiddie pool when I come in here s I limit my visits. Ha ha

I don't have much a few LP's a muscle shirt from RP concert 1990 that is a little tight now but in good shape. I have a question, a friend of mine, when I was growing up, had a black light poster that had a sillhouette of Robert on it, has anyone ever seen such a poster? It is the best LZ poster I have ever seen!

I have a question, a friend of mine, when I was growing up, had a black light poster that had a sillhouette of Robert on it, has anyone ever seen such a poster? It is the best LZ poster I have ever seen!

There were many black light posters concerning Led Zeppelin produced. I have three

different ones but none which match your description.