What Zeppelin Memorabilia do you Collect?

• 1 month later...

Thanks to my friend Rick Barrett I added a couple of new pieces to my collection. First for my ITTOD focus an unused ITTOD promotional t-shirt from former employee Shelley Kaye:

ITTODshirt2cc.JPG

From the early days the letter from Peter Grant to Jerry Wexler which accompanied the artwork for what was to be Led Zeppelin's debut album. Rick is still searching for the frame, but I have the letter and matted display portion. This is the letter Rick refers to in Frank Reddon's Sonic Boom book.

Wexlerdisplay3d.JPG

Ever onward.

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

• 1 year later...

i wish i had some vinyls :(

The picture you posted is my absolute favorite of all time. Taken by Jorgen Angel 1970. Back to the original question I collect TBL issues, books, I have some miniture guitars and the Jimmy Page figures. I was fortunate enough to get Jimmy's signed book, number "1960" whicih is also my birth date 1-9-60. Thats the prize in my collection.

Edited by ZoSo1960

I've been collecting Zep ticket stubs for about 15 years. I try to focus on shows for which there are famous bootlegs. Here's part one:

May 25, 1969

2whjvqu.jpg

July 6, 1969

5vdvu9.jpg

June 28, 1970

6hosub.jpg

February 20, 1972

2yjoa3o.jpg

May 31, 1973

2s1og09.jpg

June 3, 1973

2m2hpxi.jpg

July 27, 1973

svmpaa.jpg

February 12, 1975

1060fbp.jpg

March 4, 1975

v4uydj.jpg

March 27, 1975

2a9chh4.jpg

Here is everything I own.

Plus a '77 shirt Earls Court bootleg and some random stuff put together.

*Ahem Excuse the awkward accent I have here.

Just watch to see whats there nothing spectacular and I ramble and sound like somebod that knows nothing about the band but hey I was REALLY tired.

Absolutely NOTHING! :o

No photography/posters. (never owned one)

No Books No Magazines. (never read one)

No Tour Material. (never been to one)

No Vinyl.

Nada.

The only memorabilia I have is tucked snugly between my left and right ears.

It's quite possible I am the worst "fan" to ever visit LZ.com...but I'm cool with that. :fan:

Absolutely NOTHING! :o

No photography/posters. (never owned one)

No Books No Magazines. (never read one)

No Tour Material. (never been to one)

No Vinyl.

Nada.

The only memorabilia I have is tucked snugly between my left and right ears.

It's quite possible I am the worst "fan" to ever visit LZ.com...but I'm cool with that. :fan:

Well obviously not. I've saved things that were personal to me through the years but I can count on one hand the number of items I have bought specifically to keep as a collector's item. I have nowhere near the level of interest in minutae as SAJ or Meg, and would struggle to tell you technical info or set lists from live gigs through the years. I've had items lost or stolen and the fact that that upset me at the time made me re-think any sentimental attachment to items, as a consequence I am much more relaxed about not having things now and have even sold some treasured items knowing that some things in life are more important than a cupboard full of stardust - like you I have the memories in my head. I've thrown away items that some people would have loved and kept safe. We are all different in our interests but none of us are more wrong or right than the others - we just love Zeppelin. :)

i don't collect anything specific, but got a sizeable collection of books, magazines and bootleg vinyl. topped up with a rare jorgen angel print, a nice big canvas from the 80 tour poster, a 2nd edition of the famous Randy tutten poster with the green avocado, and various other bits and pieces....i go mostly for stuff that i find visually stunning, so that when the day comes and i have a nice big house with a spare room i can create my own little shrine...

I collect Led Zeppelin concert posters. I have for a very long time. I have paid a lot of money in the past and they keep getting more expensive. At this point, I am only able to add 1 poster every 3 or 4 years because I have had them all already or still do. Least I ever paid I think was $200 and most was $9500...a big variable.

By the way, I am always willing to spend to get something I need so if anyone out there has any concert posters that advertise the shows, with ticket information, venue, dates etc I am VERY interested. I will happily pay $5000 for a piece I need.

• 2 weeks later...

I just have their albums and a couple DVDs. I don't have all their albums either, because I only buy the ones I want. I'm not a collector per se, I buy what interests me. I think I have a t-shirt around here somewhere from their 1977 US tour, but I'm not sure. I'd have to dig through some boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!! I'd love to have it, but it's very expensive.... :)

Yes it was. Fortunately I signed on early got a reduced rate, the number I wanted and could make the payments over three months. It is so beautiful, if your ever in Des Moines, Iowa Id be happy to share it with you. :D