Horse Racing Thread

overthehillsandfaraway

The only time since the 70's when it last happened, the only time I really felt good about a horse that had won the first two legs of the triple crown pulling it off was Big Brown. I thought Big Brown would get it done but he did not. But I am now once again a bit hopefull. Not because I think this is a super horse, I believe Afleet Alex was better and should have won the triple crown if not for a bad trip in the Derby. He went on to defeat Giacomo easlily in the Preakness and Belmont. This time I think this horse has a shot. Because in part he does not have much to beat. I do not see a super closer that he must fear yet. I will wait to see the lineup and then decide. When i post my Belmont pics, do yourself a big favor and pay attention. I won $500 on Derby and Preakness day. Had the super and tri in the race after the Preakness and had the tri cold in the Preakness.

Tick Tock. The time is getting closer to see if we will have that elusive triple crown winner. For those that do not follow horse rading, its been 34 years since we have had a triple crown winner. There were 3 in the seventies. Secretariat, Seattle Slew and Affirmed. This horse could do it? we have seen many win the first two and then fall in the third leg That very difficult mile and a half race up at Belmont. He does not have much to beat so he may just pull it off.

• 2 weeks later...

just heard that I'll Have Another has been scratched from the Belmont- press conference to be held at 1pm. :(

Holy shit!! I have to see this. I cant believe it. I thought we finally had our triple crown winner. The stars and the Gods are against it.

I guess it's official...god hates horse racing.

Its pretty sad. i think we had a triple crown winner. Will never know now. must wait once again. Afleet Alex should have won but the stampede of a 20 horse field was too much to over come. This horse that was just scratched I made money on. I won $500 both days. KD and Preakness day. Ill still take my shots tomorrow. The race before the belmont, the Woodword Reserve, a Turf race, that is a million dollar stakes, may be a better betting race than the Belmont? When I see the form, time permittinng Ill post my pics. I was right on the money the other two days.

A little tip on an Aussie horse who you may or may not have heard of and will be racing in the UK shortly.

Black Caviar was officially rated the world’s best racehorse following the first release of the World Thoroughbred Rankings by the International Federation of Horse Authorities. She has a perfect record of 21 starts for 21 wins.

She has just got off the plane in the UK and barring misfortune, will be racing at Royal Ascot, in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes on Saturday, 23 June andNewmarket, in the July Cup on Saturday, 14 July.

http://www.blackcavi.../upcoming-races

OK. Here goes. Iin the big race I believe with the scratch, Union Rags is the horse to beat. I like exactas with 3 over 1,5 and 1 over 3,5. I believe Union Rags should win it but am afraid of the 1 horse too. Street Life. A couple of other horses I like are Hudson Steele (the 7 in race 10) and Tapitsfly, (the 1 in race 8). Alot of good bettiing races.

Must use the 5 also

Edited by LedZeppfan77

OK. Here goes. Iin the big race I believe with the scratch, Union Rags is the horse to beat. I like exactas with 3 over 1,5 and 1 over 3,5. I believe Union Rags should win it but am afraid of the 1 horse too.

You were right!

:thumbsup:

You were right!

:thumbsup:

Thank you sir. I was right all three Triple Crown races. No brag. Just fact. I have picked the Dubai World Cup winner 3 of last four years. I was wrong this year but I only had a quick late last minute glimse of the race. Did not have the time to study it or have the form. If you do not have the Daily Racing form you are wasting your time. The books the parlors give you are pure shit. They do not give you lifetime PP or Beyer speed figures, or Tomlinson breeding stats on wet tracks and etc etc. You guys want to make a score one of these days. If you ever want info on a certain race, just pm me.

I am a bit disappointed still. No Triple Crown shot. Its sad for the sport. It could be a long time before a horse wins the first two legs again.

• 2 weeks later...

A little tip on an Aussie horse who you may or may not have heard of and will be racing in the UK shortly.

Black Caviar was officially rated the world’s best racehorse following the first release of the World Thoroughbred Rankings by the International Federation of Horse Authorities. She has a perfect record of 21 starts for 21 wins.

She has just got off the plane in the UK and barring misfortune, will be racing at Royal Ascot, in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes on Saturday, 23 June andNewmarket, in the July Cup on Saturday, 14 July.

http://www.blackcavi.../upcoming-races

Black Caviar is racing today in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes at Ascot (Saturday 23rd)

Short priced odd's though, making her pretty much unbackable ..... but watch this beauty go round.

http://www.racingadm...6201201r03.html

Thank you. I had the exacta in the Queens Plate at Woodbine in Toronto for $2. I got a return of $100, to pad the $100 ex I had at Churchill earlier so I had them send me a check so I can lose more money on Euro 2012. :lol: Actaulllly I was good until the English self destructed

• 2 weeks later...

I have searched in vain for months for a particular harness horse that I have won alot of money on. Damn if I did not spot him running tonight at Saratoga Harness in race 12!!! He won me the money in Canada at Mohawk and Woodbine. But he will run tonight, in about an hour and a half at Saratoga. Now I do not have a program thus I do not know if he is in shape. But I must take a blind shot on him. I will go light but I must take a shot. Good horse. Was anyway. I hope he is tonight

Peachy's Noble Sam, the 5 in race 12

Edited by LedZeppfan77

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...