Plantations

Walter

I was listening to Dallas '73 recently and Plant was too funny talking about JPJ's fractured ribs saying, "we thought he had gotten the clap". The band interactions during the Earl's Court shows were great also. I do remember Plant also introducing White Summer, by pale Jimmy Page (I think on the Blueberry Hill boot). Too funny :lol:

What are some other great lines that everyone has heard?

In 1972 in Adelaide, right before Dazed and Confused, Plant makes fun of some guy by saying, "he's the kind of guy who goes home and jerks off to it" regarding the concerts. The crowd goes crazy and just laughs.

Also at Southampton University (1-22-73) after Dancing Days, some guy yells "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE" and Plant yells back "WRONG!"

Priceless

1975-05-25. I think it goes something like this:

Plant: Are you loose?!

Bonzo: Yes, yes thank you!

Plant: Christ, we know you're loose Bonzo. Loose is not the word. Did you know he had diarrhea all throughout the last American tour? *crowd laughs* He's got the only drum stool in the world which is a commode. *crowd and Bonzo laughs*

The previous night has Plant a little more, um, lucid, and has some pretty nice commentary as well.

this is a good one: Vienna 3/16/73.

"Thank you, danke schön. It's very nice to be here in Vienna. Very nice. You people got some good groupies. [long pause] Um, this is a song about, uh, this is a song off the new album which comes out sometime this year. The LP is called Houses of the Holy. We all hope you'll rush out and look at a copy. And this is a song about little school girls... and uh, not too little mind you... not.. too little.. and uh, my love for them. Remembering what happened to Jerry Lee Lewis... I think I'll take it easy. Mr. Bonham there, 200 pounds. Dancing Days!"

woah there robert, we know what you're thinking about, lol!

See more here:

Plantations

You know, I did a search and nothing came up - oh well, didn't mean to pollute with another thread!

Thanks for the link there were a bunch of great lines in there :D

I always love when Robert stops and says "Oh, that sweet smell!" and "we play some old stuff, some new stuff and some pretty good stuff".

In SF '69, I remember Robert having that conversation with the audience when someone throws him a joint and he says, "oh is that a going away present?"

Keep sharing, it's great reading all of these lines :)

Peace.

L.A. 6-21-77:

The man who fought against the elements. The man who fought food poisoning. The man who drinks Heineken. The man who doesn't get out of bed. The man who hasn't got a cymbal. The man who's having a chat with his man who knows the man who tunes Jimmy's guitar, who comes from Scotland, and doesn't know the man they call "Tim." But does know Audrey from Dallas, thank you. :D

The man who now learns how to construct his own drum kit. The man who's not very professional. The Man who said he could go back to a building site any time, and we all agreed. The man who's holding up the show. The rhinestone cowgirl--come on Bonzo, get on with it. (That's what the Quaalude stagger is). The man who played the Los Angeles Aztecs and beat them 10-1 by himself. The man who, one wonders, is he worth waiting for...and doesn't really realize there's a curfew here.

A childhood friend, a man, who many people once said..."never 'eard of him." John Bonham, OVER THE TOP!!!!!

5-25-75, introducing "Tangerine"

"This is a song of love, it's quite innocent, and it's especially for...first loves. Can you remember your first love, Bonzo?"

"No."

"It was a pint of mild. This is called Tangerine."

L.A. 6-21-77:

The man who fought against the elements. The man who fought food poisoning. The man who drinks Heineken. The man who doesn't get out of bed. The man who hasn't got a cymbal. The man who's having a chat with his man who knows the man who tunes Jimmy's guitar, who comes from Scotland, and doesn't know the man they call "Tim." But does know Audrey from Dallas, thank you. :D

The man who now learns how to construct his own drum kit. The man who's not very professional. The Man who said he could go back to a building site any time, and we all agreed. The man who's holding up the show. The rhinestone cowgirl--come on Bonzo, get on with it. (That's what the Quaalude stagger is). The man who played the Los Angeles Aztecs and beat them 10-1 by himself. The man who, one wonders, is he worth waiting for...and doesn't really realize there's a curfew here.

A childhood friend, a man, who many people once said..."never 'eard of him." John Bonham, OVER THE TOP!!!!!

on 6/21/77 after Battle of Evermore didn't he say something like "the guy that tunes Jimmy's guitar is from scottland, and he always tends to tune it in Scottish" ?

At Knebworth he said before Trampled Underfoot something like this

"Time to get your pom poms on...start up your scooters (turns to Bonzo) it's another pushbike song...Trampled Underfoot........WOOO! (after another long pause and JPJ jamming) AFTER YOU MR.JONES!!!"

At the beginning of the acoustic set in Birmingham'77,JPJ triple neck guitar briefly malfunctioned.Quipped Plant:"That's John Paul Jones secret weapon.Not many people get to see it,and they say it only comes out at night.(slight pause)But few can tell the tale!"Then he bursts out laughing.Inside joke I'm sure,I have an idea.

Same concert after a hellacious ovation,(forgot which song) says Plant:"It's our pleasure Birmingham and it shall be our pleasure later as well.Did you catch that Peter?"

Plant's formulation of words to express a thought are so eloquent.Hell,I'd probably purchase a ticket just to see him interviewed.

during Tangerine on 5/25/75

Plant: this is a song about love, especially first love. Can you remember your first love Bonzo?

Bonzo: No

Plant: It was a pint of mild. This is called Tangerine.

There must be an echo in here.

• 2 weeks later...

From one of the Earls court shows ( I've got it from a DVD)

"Good evening.... the chairs are provided by habitat, yeah, all the talkshows we'll have to get to..."

Same evening: "Oh, Jimmy Page is coming back from the closet now."

(talking about a british manager who says):"... no artists left in the country anymore; He must be dazed and confused!"

Sorry, some of the quotes might not be correct, I haven't seen the DVD for a while, my memory has holes...

• 4 weeks later...

Oh the Plantations!

Theres always this classic from 1969.01.11

"Are you warm enough to night?

Are you really warm, its so warm in here its not true!...

Has anybody got a Les Paul?

Straight from the national trust of Great Britain.

Oh you've heard about the national trust!? Thats great..

They have one in America too...

Thanks for your patience anyway." [Enter I Can't Quit You]

Also - I have two Plantations in my signature.

The first one is Jonesy's Organ Solo introduction.

The second is part of Plant's classic "I'd like to introduce Led Zeppelin to you" portion of How Many More Times

Love this sort of stuff... keep em coming.

Edited by docron

I also recal this exchange, though I can't remember which show... I want to say 1970.09.04 LA Forum, but could be wrong.. anyways.

Robert Plant (to audience): "You don't know how difficult it is to tune a guitar in front of thousands of screaming people."

Jimmy Page (to Plant): "You don't, either."

Robert Plant (to audience): "You don't know how difficult it is to tune a guitar in front of thousands of screaming people."

Jimmy Page (to Plant): "You don't, either."

:lol: I love that one!

April 25, 1977 - Louisville, KY ... while Robert is talking about Physical Graffiti, a guy down front keeps calling for "The Ocean." Robert misunderstands him and answers, "We always do the old shit, what are you talking about!"

That's hilarious.