Plantations

Walter

:thumbsup:

You see that too? I guess my assessment is right then because, when it comes to Robert, I think you know whereof you speak. ;):D

Some people never got past the overt sexuality and the self-assurance so they missed that side of him.

When I think of later hippies I always think of Robert Plant, even today he still retains that flower child air about him.

I agree, even more since when they met, Zep was just beginning and she took care of him.

That's interesting because when I first saw Zep, they looked like hippies. Back then, we thought they were hippies (Jimmy even had a hippyish beard). That was several years before their "Hammer of the Gods" days. I love that story of how Janis took care of Robert. :)

You see that too? I guess my assessment is right then because, when it comes to Robert, I think you know whereof you speak. ;):D

Some people never got past the overt sexuality and the self-assurance so they missed that side of him.

Oh, yes, I definitely see him like that too. Even today. Maybe it's hard to see that under all that sex appeal and self confidence, but it's there. It has always been and still is. In one interview Robert said he wouldn't cut his hair because it reminded him of who he really is, that deep in his heart he is an old hippie. :) And I love him for being exactly like that. An old, sexy, self confident hippie. ;)

Oh, yes, I definitely see him like that too. Even today. Maybe it's hard to see that under all that sex appeal and self confidence, but it's there. It has always been and still is. In one interview Robert said he wouldn't cut his hair because it reminded him of who he really is, that deep in his heart he is an old hippie. :) And I love him for being exactly like that. An old, sexy, self confident hippie. ;)

Thanks, brspled! :) I appreciate your sharing that because I never read that interview about why Robert wouldn't cut his hair and how he feels that deep in his heart he is an old hippie. I had no idea. btw, I like your description. ;)

Thanks, brspled! :) I appreciate your sharing that because I never read that interview about why Robert wouldn't cut his hair and how he feels that deep in his heart he is an old hippie. I had no idea. btw, I like your description. ;)

You're welcome, MSG. And there is another interview were he says he wouldn't cut his hair because his girlfriend (at the time, it was about 2005, I think) told him not to, since he already looks ridiculous the way he is and he would look even more ridiculous with short hair. :lol: But that was meant in jest....the one where he says he is an old hippie was a real answer, or so I get to think it is. And he says he couldn't imagine not feeling the wind on his hair....I think it's so cute. But he is lucky he still has so much hair, or he'd miss the wind a lot! :lol:

You're welcome, MSG. And there is another interview were he says he wouldn't cut his hair because his girlfriend (at the time, it was about 2005, I think) told him not to, since he already looks ridiculous the way he is and he would look even more ridiculous with short hair. :lol: But that was meant in jest....the one where he says he is an old hippie was a real answer, or so I get to think it is. And he says he couldn't imagine not feeling the wind on his hair....I think it's so cute. But he is lucky he still has so much hair, or he'd miss the wind a lot! :lol:

:lol:

Jimmy scores a nice little thing for his neck... all I get is a pencil... Perhaps it's because it's led. EHHHHHH!

Alright you lucky guys and gals! Ladies and gentlemen... a very serious part of the night has arrived... where I nip off to the dressing room to get a blowjob... :lol:

(later on...)

I don't want to present any cliches, but when I was 19, everybody else was a lot older, we got together in a tiny room in London... We didn't have any bread, so it had to be a small room, and we... we got together, and we picked up our instruments, and... uh, the blowjob, by the way, was fantastic! :D

Um... we picked up our instruments and we said "Right. If this is good, we shall play until the last sunsets in the west." And the first number we got to play on was a number that made us sure that we should carry on.... and on... and on... (audience member: "And on!") It's quite moving, actually. We'd like to dedicate this to our manager, Peter Grant, who's made so many things possible. He's the man who gives us the blowjob in the dressing room! :lol:

Jimmy scores a nice little thing for his neck... all I get is a pencil... Perhaps it's because it's led. EHHHHHH!

Love the way he said EHHHH! :lol:

That Vancouver '75 show was great for Plantations. B)

New York, 1975:

"New York! We came 4 blocks in the snow to get here, do you realize that? People were calling me up on the telephone today saying 'Is it gonna be on, is it gonna be on?'. For a minute I wondered about my anatomy, but then I realized it was some discrepancy about the weather".

:lol:

Found this one on youtube:

It's Earls Court 1975, the band are just about to start Whole Lotta Love

Bonzo is at the front of the stage.

Bonzo: well i think football's a load of bollocks *walks off*

Robert: I'd like to say that soccer is a wonderful sport, the best sport. *walk off*

Robert: *decides to come back* And that's got nothing to do with Bonzo's sediments**

That made me laugh so much i cried.

** not sure if this word is right.

"Can you take your dress off, Mr. Cole, and see about these lights."

"We'd like to dedicate this next song to the world's worst group. Dare I say it? Anyway here's a number we'd like to dedicate to Slade."

----both from 1973 USA

This isn't a Plantation in the strictest sense but it definitely is the funniest thing I've ever heard Plant say. It pissed Jones off to be excluded from the 'No Quarter' project but probably not as much as he was after hearing:

MEDIA (to Robert and Jimmy): Where's John Paul Jones?

PLANT: He's out parking the car.

"Can you take your dress off, Mr. Cole, and see about these lights."

"We'd like to dedicate this next song to the world's worst group. Dare I say it? Anyway here's a number we'd like to dedicate to Slade."

----both from 1973 USA

Do you know which city that's from?

Do you know which city that's from?

The Slade remark is from 6-3-73 before the band cranks Heartbreaker. The Richard Cole remark I thought was from either Detroit or Buffalo 1973 but maybe not. At this moment I cannot corroborate which show---not indifference, not laziness, just short term memory loss.

LMAO. I just about pissed myself when I heard this one just now...

This ones from 1972-06-25 before the song Black Dog.

"This is one about uh ahm, a poor dog who uh, really uh... let me tell you about this poor old dog, because he was a retriver in his early days... and the only thing he could ever find in his later days was his ole' lady who lived 2 houses away from where we were recording.., and he used to not see his ole lady quite regularly, but after he boogied and everything else, he couldnt get back! - and we used to carry him back... and this has got nothing to do with that chick in Detroit :o ... it was a Black Dog."

lol... I bet Page is happy he didn't over-look this little snid-bit when putting together the How The West Was Won compilation!

I love this one - A really classic song-title story.., as told by Plant himself! Plus, references to women in Detroit, to which I can really relate. Priceless.

The Slade remark is from 6-3-73 before the band cranks Heartbreaker. The Richard Cole remark I thought was from either Detroit or Buffalo 1973 but maybe not. At this moment I cannot corroborate which show---not indifference, not laziness, just short term memory loss.

Thanks! I'll have to check out Detroit '73.

The British dry sense of humor is lost on many Americans if it isn't as obvious as the Goon Show or Monthy Python. Plant's over the top top top introduction in Landover was so sarcastic he obviously didn't mean a word of it but it's not contemptuous either. Zeppelin legend has it Bonham wasn't an easy chap to get on with during the '77 tour. At the same time Percy supposedly bore a grudge against Bonzo from when he had the flu early in the '75 tour and Bonham had told him not to worry: "Just go out there and look good."

I repeat the British dry sense of humor is lost on many Americans if it isn't as obvious as the Goon Show or Monthy Python.

His introductions for Bonzo were always so nice and funny. Genuine love and admiration there!

'77, can't remember which show...

"This song reflects I s'pose more than anything else, an evening in England some 700 years ago (Bonzo shouts something, can't make out what) this is about the time me and Bonzo got married.." :D

Edited by MissHoneydripper

'77, can't remember which show...

"This song reflects I s'pose more than anything else, an evening in England some 700 years ago (Bonzo shouts something, can't make out what) this is about the time me and Bonzo got married.." :D

Destroyer (1977-04-27) Cleveland, Ohio.

About an two and a half hour drive north of me!!!