First Email from a Led Zeppelin Gig

some people just have no sense of humor :hysterical:

Nor indeed a Blackberry it would seem, for it was with the same technical foolery that I secured the tickets even though I was not successful in the draw.

It would appear that some people consider my claim to be the realisation of a personal dream rather than the jolly jape that was intended.

Perhaps I would be better spending my time considering how being an Aries affects my understanding of the words to Stairway, or better still learing how to spell my name in Celtic Runes.

yeah, pressing send must have really detracted from the show :blink:

In truth it did as I passed out with the gravitas of my achievement and was only awakened after the show by a volunteer from the St Johns Ambulance Brigade! :(

I too sent an email very early on. I can't claim the first drumbeat of GTBT, but probably 30 seconds in.  However, my email was sent to Canada and the US, so it was received in a time zone where it was several hours earlier.  Does that beat you?  ;)

I too sent an email very early on. I can't claim the first drumbeat of GTBT, but probably 30 seconds in. However, my email was sent to Canada and the US, so it was received in a time zone where it was several hours earlier. Does that beat you? ;)

I think that makes you first runner up. If for some reason Prime Mover is unable to carry out his duty's/ responsibility's as the one who has "claim to the first email from a LZ concert " that burden will fall to you. :D

I too sent an email very early on. I can't claim the first drumbeat of GTBT, but probably 30 seconds in. However, my email was sent to Canada and the US, so it was received in a time zone where it was several hours earlier. Does that beat you? ;)

I regret I am going to deny your claim on metaphysical grounds - however I do like your thinking. I am off to see Robert Plant and Alison Krauss in Manchester tonight. If I email you details of the set list, what they are wearing and length of the first song can you get a bet on for me! We can clean up here! :D

I regret I am going to deny your claim on metaphysical grounds - however I do like your thinking. I am off to see Robert Plant and Alison Krauss in Manchester tonight. If I email you details of the set list, what they are wearing and length of the first song can you get a bet on for me! We can clean up here! :D

Funny you should say that. The government here runs a lottery which allows you to bet on the outcome of sporting matches. Betting obviously closes shortly before the games start. When they added soccer (football) to the sports on which one could wager, they did not take into account the time difference and lost a whole pile of money before they fixed it!

I think that makes you first runner up. If for some reason Prime Mover is unable to carry out his duty's/ responsibility's as the one who has "claim to the first email from a LZ concert " that burden will fall to you. :D

Well, I will keep my fingers crossed that some racy pictures of Prime appear on the internet and he is stripped of his title... :rolleyes::D

*edited for typo

Well, I will keep my fingers crossed that some racy pictures of Prime appear on the internet and he is stripped of his title... :rolleyes::D

I should be delighted if you find some racy pictures of me on the web - please copy me in to them! :P

• 1 month later...

Dude you've got to be fucking kidding me. You were worried about sending an e-mail... from a Led Zeppelin concert...

... Really?

Thats microseconds worth of Zeppelin you missed.

WTF is wrong with my generation!?

Yes, sarcasm.

Archived