Sunday, December 9th

Slim's Downtown Distillery

Raleigh, NC

The mars volta, @ the Berkeley community theater

3/31/07

and soon:

The mars volta @ bill graham civic auditorium

12/31/07

The Mars Volta are crazy awesome. And I do mean 'crazy'. They have such an impulsive live sound, and often launch themselves into improvisational jam-outs that blow you away. If you haven't seen it yet, search for their "Abortion, the other white meat" live jam session song. It's fantastic.

Last live band I've seen was Pearl Jam, with My Morning Jacket opening up for them. Both bands impressed me. It was my first Pearl Jam concert, and I will be going back for more.

Last concert for me was Kryoburn ( http://www.myspace.com/kryotribe ) out of Carlsbad, NM. I went and seen them on their home-turf.

Next concert for me will be Pumpjack ( http://www.myspace.com/pumpjackrocks ) out of Midland,TX.

They will be in Lubbock,TX this next Saturday Night. Should be really Groovy. I will be there with camcorder in hand.... to document the good-times.

http://www.pumpjackrocks.com

PAUL RODGERS at Newcastle city hall a while back. Took my 20yr old Daughter (1st rock concert) She woz blown away..She even said he woz better than Westlife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now she wants to see Zeppelin (DONT WE ALL).God alone knows what she would make of that experience.

This saturday I went to see Roky Erickson. It was f'n great! We got to hear songs like "Two-headed Dog," "Night of the Vampire," "Bloody Hammer" and "I Think of Deamons."

Unbelievable!

Check this video out, it's recorded at Nalen, Stockholm 15/12/2007. Great sound and picture!

Eagles for me in Buffalo in 03. Just wondering, when did Rush last tour?

Well I saw them here in May-ish? And on their 30th anniversary tour 2 years before that at he same place (Tampa). Before that I saw the Counterparts tour in Orlando - not sure of the year - been a while. And the Grace Under Pressure tour 20something years ago.

I think they tour pretty steady. I just read that they are gonna tour again in 2008 due to the success of the Snakes and Arrows tour.