What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

On 9/25/2017 at 8:06 PM, Virginia said:

Absolutely amazing. The special guests were Stevie Wonder, and Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland. It was an incredible event and phenomenal show, and so generous of all of the artists to give their time, and of Dave Matthews to organize. The tickets were free (lottery), and all merchandise proceeds went to the cause.

Concert4Cville_Portal_SplashNewDoor.jpg

Nice to see you Virginia! :wave: 

Cool lineup! ✌🏻

58 minutes ago, Walter said:

Nice to see you Virginia! :wave: 

Cool lineup! ✌🏻

Thanks Walter! Life's been busy (good-busy) lately. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Justin Timberlake; the entire stadium went crazy, me included! All of the artists were incredible though. It was a very special evening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Strider said:

Looks like a parking lot $5 special. 😏

Yeah, I suppose it wasn't the best quality for $30. I think it was the only one with the "Tower Of Power" logo on it which I wanted. Kind of pissed about the poor quality of the shirt I got and for not noticing it. Practically belongs in the trash, fuck. I will certainly be more aware the next time I buy a concert shirt.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2017 at 5:14 AM, r0nn0cast3r said:

Sensational Space Shifters, Newcastle City Hall 24th of November!! Mind blown + awesome light show 

I hope he has finally dumped "Black Dog" from the setlist.

8 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Yesterday I saw The Seven Deadly Sins and other pieces composed by Kurt Weill presented by Pina Bausch Dance Theater. Awesome!

That does indeed sound awesome! Bravo!

• 2 months later...

Had the pleasure of attending my very first classical music concert, this evening. This concert featured the works of great composers such as Vivaldi, Bartok, Barber, Rossini and Gluck. This concert was all thanks to the amazingly talented Bangalore City Chamber Orchestra. I was so humbled to have witnessed something so beautiful! My soul was awash with peace and tranquility upon listening to such wonderful music. The arrangements for Barber's "Adagio" and the Spring and Summer segments of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" brought me to tears. Like John Keats once aptly put it: "A thing of beauty is a joy forever".

Image may contain: 10 people, people smiling

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

20180504_202922.jpg

20180504_202932.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sword was great Saturday night, as was the opener The Shelter People. Both bands have a Sabbath vibe going on. Shelter sounds more like pre 1975 Sabbath . Sword has a post 1975 sabbath feel to their sound. Cross that with Rush type synth's and duel guitar harmonies , Thin Lizzyish, mixed with a jam band approach and you have The Sword. A sonic bombardment of countless riffs and time signatures that change on a dime!  It makes for a very, very fun experience. All pics below are of The Sword...

FB_IMG_1526997870209.jpg

FB_IMG_1526997865603.jpg

FB_IMG_1526997859274.jpg

FB_IMG_1526997854423.jpg

On Saturday night at the Gas Monkey Live, Reverend Horton Heat was SMOKING HOT!

only shot one quick vid:

PicsArt_05-27-06.30.03.jpg

PicsArt_05-27-06.59.59.jpg

PicsArt_05-27-06.32.34.jpg

PicsArt_05-27-06.37.03.jpg

PicsArt_05-27-07.02.08.jpg

Setlist:

Bullet

Baddest of the Bad

Psychobilly Freakout

Big Little Baby

Five-O Ford

Hog Tyin' Woman

Lonesome Train Whistle

Don't Let Go of Me

Sue Jack Daniels

Big Red Rocket of Love

Jimbo Song

Little Queenie

(Chuck Berry cover) (Jimbo on guitar)

Ride Before the Fall

Hate to See You Cry

Whole New Life

Viva Las Vegas

(Elvis Presley cover)

Slow

Let Me Teach You How to Eat

400 Bucks

Bales of Cocaine

The Devil's Chasing Me

Ace of Spades

(Motörhead cover)

Encore:

It's Martini Time

Victory Lap

Smell of Gasoline

Edited by zepscoda

I've seen the last performances, by design or accidentally, of quite a few people. The Germs the night before Darby Crash killed himself in 1980. The Clash at the 1983 US Festival. The original Van Halen at Monsters of Rock Nürnberg '84. Jane's Addiction. Glenn Campbell. Motörhead. Tom Petty. Chris Cornell.

I saw Willie Nelson last year and Tom Jones last week...both legends are getting close to the end of their careers. Last night I saw Paul Simon at his third and final show at the Hollywood Bowl. 

This is supposedly his "Farewell Tour". If so, he went out gloriously...opening with "America" and closing two-and-one-half hours later with "The Sound of Silence". Well worth the money...actually it was only $60, considerably less than Elton John tickets.

Here is the final song Paul Simon played in L.A.

• 1 month later...

I attended an outdoor festival bu the Canadian band July Talk on July 1st. Great band. I love the dynamic that singer/guitarist Peter Dreimanis and singer Leah Fay bring to the stage. They have such good chemstry.

• 3 weeks later...

Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman, Marty Stuart and band team up for "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" 50th Anniversary tour. They played two nights in L.A. last week. They are playing 11 shows sporadically over the next few months. It's worth seeing if you can. Two sets...a general Byrds set and then Marty sings a few after intermission and then they play the entire "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" album. The encore included three Tom Petty songs in tribute. Marty Stuart played Clarence White's actual B-bender Telecaster used on the Byrds albums.

20180725_190647.thumb.jpg.5bc7963dd657b53fc8fefc96d6082c04.jpg

This was my birthday gig. The Weirdos were one of the first punk bands in L.A. 

20180729_220043.thumb.jpg.5c7c3637b8b511b362ec14d2b53cde39.jpg

Saturday at the Forum was another great gig by Jeff Lynne and crew. Unlike the Stones, Who, and other relics who are pale shadows of their former selves, Jeff Lynne's ELO shows sound just as good as the old days.

Edited by Strider