What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

Saw Robert and Alison on Friday night - an altogether fabulous night!!

Last night we saw Ralph Stanley at the Birchmere. A totally delightful evening. Ralph in black with his hand in his pocket through much of the evening like a mafia don overseeing his empire. The Clinch Mountain Boys were in fine form. If he comes through your town, you should go. He's 81 - you may not have many more chances.

I have plenty of choices as to the next on I will attend. Tom Petty sold out but Dylan and Fogarty are going to be near. I wonder if it would be worth seeing Dylan now? I always wanted to see him?

Never turn down a chance to see and Icon .Waiting till the next tour may be too late He is not a young Man.Either Dylan or Fogerty are both worth seeing in My opion.

Last night we saw Ralph Stanley at the Birchmere. A totally delightful evening.

Is that the Birchmere in the Northern Virginia area (Alexandria)? What a great place! Nice bar, and great food during the show. And the best seats for those who get there early!

• 2 weeks later...

I had "pit" seating for this show, meaning the first several rows in front of the stage were removed for standing room only. This works fine provided the area isn't oversold, which in this case it was. It was also learned after the fact that some Modest Mouse fans Photoshopped lawn seats to read as "Pit" seats so they could gain entrance to that area. It was so packed people couldn't move. Some people such as myself were even denied re-entry once we left the pit area and tried to return. So I paid in excess of 80 fucking dollars for fanclub seating only to be denied the privilege of being able to stand in the area I paid so much for. Great show but definitely an unpleasant experience on the seating front, one I hope I never have to repeat.

R.E.M.

w/ The National & Modest Mouse

Saturday, June 21st

Lakewood Amphitheatre

Atlanta, GA

1. These Days

2. Living Well Is the Best Revenge

3. So Fast, So Numb

4. What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

5. Time After Time

6. Driver 8

7. Man-Sized Wreath

8. Walk Unafraid

9. Hollow Man

10. Ignoreland

11. Houston

12. Electrolite

13. (Don’t Go Back To) Rockville

14. Auctioneer

15. Harborcoat

16. The One I Love

17. I've Been High

18. Let Me In

19. Bad Day

20. Horse To Water

21. Orange Crush

22. I'm Gonna DJ

Encore

23. Supernatural Superserious

24. Losing My Religion

25. Pretty Persuasion

26. Nightswimming

27. Fall On Me (w/ Johnny Marr)

28. Man On The Moon (w/ Johnny Marr)

Is that the Birchmere in the Northern Virginia area (Alexandria)? What a great place! Nice bar, and great food during the show. And the best seats for those who get there early!

One and the same! I've lived here all my life and never went until last year. Since then, I've seen Billy Bragg, Lyle Lovett and Ralph Stanley. It's a wonderful venue - I was kinda hoping Robert and Alison would play there although I know it's way too small.

I had "pit" seating for this show, meaning the first several rows in front of the stage were removed for standing room only. This works fine provided the area isn't oversold, which in this case it was. It was also learned after the fact that some Modest Mouse fans Photoshopped lawn seats to read as "Pit" seats so they could gain entrance to that area. It was so packed people couldn't move. Some people such as myself were even denied re-entry once we left the pit area and tried to return. So I paid in excess of 80 fucking dollars for fanclub seating only to be denied the privilege of being able to stand in the area I paid so much for. Great show but definitely an unpleasant experience on the seating front, one I hope I never have to repeat.

Modest Mouse fans suck!! Springsteen has a pit section at his GA shows. My first preference is a seat ANY WHERE. If I am forced to buy GA, I don't even bother attempting to get into the pit. You get these self annointed dicks who maintain "lists" of first arrivals outside the venue. I find those people extremely irritating.

Edited by JethroTull

Last night I saw folk legends Pentangle, back together in their original line-up of Jacqui McShee, Danny Thompson, Terry Cox, John Renbourn and Bert Jansch. They were absolutely fantastic, all wonderful musicians in their own right and Jacqui's voice is as beautiful as ever.

Last night I saw folk legends Pentangle, back together in their original line-up of Jacqui McShee, Danny Thompson, Terry Cox, John Renbourn and Bert Jansch. They were absolutely fantastic, all wonderful musicians in their own right and Jacqui's voice is as beautiful as ever.

No way!?!?!? That's fantastic - I was just listening to "Sweet Child" last night. I can't name any woman with a sweeter voice than Jacqui. I'd love to see them, if they were to come to the NY area?

No way!?!?!? That's fantastic - I was just listening to "Sweet Child" last night. I can't name any woman with a sweeter voice than Jacqui. I'd love to see them, if they were to come to the NY area?

As far as I know they are doing an UK tour only, then Jacqui's back to her own 'Jacqui McShee's Pentangle' which has no other original members - but who knows what'll happen further on? They seemed to be in good spirits last night so hopefully more people will get the opportunity - I hope you get lucky, they are a wonderful live act.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I missed Sharon Little (who opened for Plant & Krauss) as well as Steve Winwood opening for Tom Petty. I don't hate Petty but I've never really been a huge fan so I was really looking forward to seeing Winwood. That said, Petty and the Heartbreakers did put on one hell of a good show.

Robert Plant/Alison Krauss

Friday, July 11th

RBC Center

Raleigh, NC

Steve Winwood/Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Saturday, July 12th

Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek

Raleigh, NC

The Pretty Pettys (Monty Warren and Friends)

Tom Petty Aftershow

Saturday, July 12th

Slim's Downtown Distillery

Raleigh, NC