Since I've Been Loving You........ wow

mmmdelish

Really? I always thought the emotional SIBLY was a pretty over-the-top performance when live (comparable: Steve Vai's "Tender Surrender" - live)

Don't get me wrong: SIBLY is one of my very favourite songs and is The Best performance by Plant. I juts never get any satisfaction when hearing it live.

I fear this is one of the songs that might be dropped if the reports of Plant's voice are true. I really hope not though, as it almost always was the best performed song at every concert.

Well, from listening to recent show of Robert's and this performance, there's really no difference in his voice, it's just comes down to whether he feels he can hit the high notes that paricular day, and boy, can he! I was shocked when i saw this. <_<

i was there that day as well. it was a good gig, nice weather and a nice vibe in the air. was it 25 years since the first festival? i remeber planty gave a presentation to michael and jean eavis during the set and i think that was the reason for it

the insertion of the slow passage from 'carouselambra' into 'in the evening' was great. they dropped into 'break on through' and other tunes during a jam

when i got back and was telling my friends about it i remember saying that i'd thought there'd been a bit of a fluff in SIBLY, so after we left the pub, we went home to watch the the video my friends had recorded off tv and i realised that i'd been wrong. which was good. i think i must have just gone a bit giddy for a second during the song, as is often the way with festivals. i also remember thinking that jimmy was going for the 73 style of the song for his playing, which suited me just fine

It, it did not?

Then maybe i should reconsider my thoughts and try to find some good performance of it. Thanks your thoughts guys,

Start at Vancouver from 70. There's a lot of great early versions with extra lines in there that weren't in the studio version.

i was there that day as well. it was a good gig, nice weather and a nice vibe in the air. was it 25 years since the first festival? i remeber planty gave a presentation to michael and jean eavis during the set and i think that was the reason for it

Yeah, that's right. What inspired Eavis to put on Glastonbury in the first place was the Bath Blues Festival in 1969, which he attended and Led Zeppelin were one of the acts performing there.

three words: OMG!

I am so sorry I missed that 95 Plant/Page tour. I believe I may have been mad that Jonesy wasn't included. What an ass for taking up that position. The drummer during the Unledded disc and this tour was just excellent. If Jason were not available for the gig, that young man would be a fine replacement. Of course, then there's that whole debate about them not being Led Zeppelin...(give me a break)

Jimmy and Robert were stellar on that version...That's for the link!

If Plant can't hit the high ones this will be the first to go, on the album version listen to the chorus at 3:15 mark, it sounds so beautiful, but I am not sure if he can still do that.

:rolleyes:

Plant rarely sang SIBLY live like the studio version was recorded, even in the Zeppelin days. :huh:

That song does not live and die on whether he can hit the high note.

I'd bet that SIBLY will definitely be part of the O2 set list.

I was there that day. The first thing I said to my friends afterwards was, "I was really impressed with Plant's vocals!"

The highlight of Glastonbury '95, amazing!

I was there too! 95 was a great year for Glastonbury.

Portishead live was cool too, an audience of a few hundred in a small tent.

I was there too! 95 was a great year for Glastonbury.

Portishead live was cool too, an audience of a few hundred in a small tent.

The weather was amazing, unbelievably hot! I've not been since '98, would love to go again one year, but it's so difficult to get tickets now, not to mention expensive.

I don't think I saw Portishead

The weather was amazing, unbelievably hot! I've not been since '98, would love to go again one year, but it's so difficult to get tickets now, not to mention expensive.

I don't think I saw Portishead

They weren't actually listed as appearing in 95. We just heard on the morning. You're right, it was hot, glorious. Happy Days.

If Plant can't hit the high ones this will be the first to go, on the album version listen to the chorus at 3:15 mark, it sounds so beautiful, but I am not sure if he can still do that.

I think this is one of the songs that will not make the final cut for the exact reason you mentioned. I'm sure it would still be good without that high note, but I don't think Robert will want to perform it if he can't hit it.

Archived