Robert Plant - Pre-Zep History

4 hours ago, 76229 said:

Isn't this significant? Iirc further back on this thread the latest BoJ date with Plant in the band was something like 16th/19th March 1968. Now this is the 30th. Or did they carry on using his name even after he'd left to go work with Alexis Korner?

BOJ with Plant went past March 1968. This post above billed as their "last appearance" of the BOJ w/Robert Plant was from May 28, 1968.

On 1/16/2018 at 1:00 PM, sam_webmaster said:

Tues., May 28th, 1968 - Southampton - Concorde
flyer: "Remember their last appearance - Robert Plant and the Band of Joy"

1968-05-28---band-of-joy-southampton-last-appearance-flyer.jpg

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, 76229 said:

Tim Rose on the same bill? Wonder if that's where he saw Bonzo and thought "now, he'd be a good drummer to take out on the road"....

""I had been using a very fine drummer by the name of Aynsley Dunbar, who had learnt his trade with The Mojos, Jeff Beck and John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, when I toured the UK prior to meeting John. Aynsley was unavailable for the 1968 tour, but I remembered seeing a drummer playing with the Band of Joy and thinking, "I want him". I eventually found John and offered him the job, paying about 40 pounds per week."

-- Tim Rose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I have a fully signed copy of the listen single you’d better run, the band signed this at WH Smith park street Walsall in 1966, they played the George hotel the day before and said they would be signing copies of the single, nobody came so they signed a few for staff!

6 hours ago, Chris ingram said:

Hi, I have a fully signed copy of the listen single you’d better run, the band signed this at WH Smith park street Walsall in 1966, they played the George hotel the day before and said they would be signing copies of the single, nobody came so they signed a few for staff!

That's amazing. I'll double check my notes to see if we have confirmed a gig at the George Hotel in Walsall in 1966.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:41 AM, Chris ingram said:

Very cool 😎👍

could you please post a picture of the Single with autographs to share?

thanks,

R😎