Kashmir 1975 or 1977?

JimmyPageZoSo56

Kashmir, what year?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What year was the best?

This is a really tough one for me. Kashmir, 1975 or 1977?

But I have to go with 1975 because the song was new, it was powerful, Bonzo's phaser sounded amazing, Page's guitar was awesome and Jonesy's "cheap orchestra" as Robert would say, sounded great.

I saw Led Zeppelin perform "Kashmir" twice in 1975, and 3 times in 1977.

All good, but the greatest was in Ft. Worth, on May 22nd, 1977.

THE HIGHLIGHT of the entire concert.

Worthy of the showpiece status. The look and feel of "Kashmir" in '77 was just more overwhelming and overpowering in '77. And I just LOVED the way Page segued from soloing on "Black Mountain Side" sitting on that small stool, and then, at the same time, standing up and kicking the stool back.....as he ripped into the opening and crushing chords of "Kashmir". YHTBT

I think that "Kashmir" was perfected in '77.

• 1 month later...
I saw Led Zeppelin perform "Kashmir" twice in 1975, and 3 times in 1977.

All good, but the greatest was in Ft. Worth, on May 22nd, 1977.

THE HIGHLIGHT of the entire concert.

Worthy of the showpiece status. The look and feel of "Kashmir" in '77 was just more overwhelming and overpowering in '77. And I just LOVED the way Page segued from soloing on "Black Mountain Side" sitting on that small stool, and then, at the same time, standing up and kicking the stool back.....as he ripped into the opening and crushing chords of "Kashmir". YHTBT

I think that "Kashmir" was perfected in '77.

I'm with you, I also feel that Kashmir was performed best live during the 77 Tour.

I'm with you, I also feel that Kashmir was performed best live during the 77 Tour.

I'm with both of you! I do believe that the best live version of Kashmir was performed live during the 77 Tour at the Forum 23 June 1977 show. I know because I attended the 23 June 1977 Forum show. It is also my opinion that if you see the SEATTLE KINGDOME 17 July 1977 DVD, you will feel that this version is also one of the best live versions of Kashmir ever. I saw the Oakland Coliseum concert on 23 July 1977. The live version of Kashmir was good but not up to par as in comparison to the Forum 23 June 1977 show or the Seattle Kingdome 17 July 1977 show. ROCK ON!

I'm with both of you! I do believe that the best live version of Kashmir was performed live during the 77 Tour at the Forum 23 June 1977 show. I know because I attended the 23 June 1977 Forum show. It is also my opinion that if you see the SEATTLE KINGDOME 17 July 1977 DVD, you will feel that this version is also one of the best live versions of Kashmir ever. I saw the Oakland Coliseum concert on 23 July 1977. The live version of Kashmir was good but not up to par as in comparison to the Forum 23 June 1977 show or the Seattle Kingdome 17 July 1977 show. ROCK ON!
77. they never messed up Kashmir in 77 except 6-23-77 and plants voice was very up there unlike 75.. :mellow:

For me the 07 performance was the best simply because of Jason's performance.

I know I'm gonna get ripped for saying this but he out played his father on this song/night. Nobody loves the band more than I do and nobody loves John Bonham more than I do but I think even John would of said the boy out played me !!!

RjK

• 1 month later...

The reunion was the best I've heard of Kashmir with the heavy guitar so prevalent.

I saw Zeppelin perfrom Kashmir in person in 1975 and 1977, and on the Page & Plant Tour.

The 1975 version was powerful.

The 1977 version was even more powerful than the 1975 version.

The Page & Pant version was "quiet" compared to the Led Zeppelin versions.

What I have heard from the O2 performances on You Tube, etc, show me that:

1. Led Zeppelin considers "Kashmir" thier Hallmark peice aboue A-L-L their other pieces......

2. The power of "Kashmir" live greatly exceeds the studio version, and so, until a live recording is officially released that conveys the true awesome power of "Kashmir", the world will ignorantly go on assuming that the studio versio is the definitve version.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I voted for 1977 because I saw them live then... wub.gifwub.gif

Same here. When did you see them? I saw them Memorial day of 77 in Landover MD. Monday, May 30th. There is some footage here from that night. My memory was blue lazers all over the place as they played it? Perhaps the Ocean if he ever drops in could verify that? I know he was at all those shows.

I had to go with 75, seeing them live in Baton Rouge... :yay:

I was 19 and almost 20 when I saw them in May of 77 in Landover MD. So when you saw them in Baton Rouge you had to be 16? And 14 ini 73 when you saw them? So which was better of the two from memory?

Archived