What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

In August I will be attending a festival in Sweden called Way Out West which will be really great. Among the artists that will play there are:

Iron & Wine

The Sonics (OOHWEEE!!)

Grinderman (Nick Cave's new band)

Franz Ferdinand

The Flaming Lips

Sonic Youth

and a bunch of other bands..

These are who i have tickets for at the moment

May 5th Robert Plant/Alison Krauss - Birmingham UK

May 7th Robert Plant/Alison Krauss - Manchester UK

May 13th Robert Plant/Alison Krauss - Paris France

May 22nd Robert Plant/Alison Krauss - Wembley London

June 29th Buddy Guy - Liverpool Uk

Juy 24th Tinariwen - Nottingham UK

May is a good month :D

The only one I'm planning on going to right now isn't until August (I think), but boy is it a good one! Ladies and gentlemen, in this the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Eight, I, Footsteps of Dawn, will have the pleasure of viewing for the very first time, live and in person, the one and only:

Radiohead!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::cheer::banana::cheer::banana::cheer::banana::cheer:

I'm obviously not very excited, nope. I got halfway decent seats; they're not super-close, but I heard people complaining about only being able to get lawn tickets, so I'm just happy that I've got a real seat. I really wanted to see Robert, too, but whoa is that expensive. I think I'll just wait until I can have him all to myself. No offense to Alison; I've probably actually been listening to her (through my dad's influence) longer than I have to Zeppelin, but I do want my money's worth of Robert at these prices. Who knows what I'll actually be seeing next, though...usually I don't know until a couple of days beforehand. I might go see The Vandals, though.

• 4 weeks later...

:beer: let's see.... the near future, got tickets for

Dennis Loccorriere (Dr. Hook) - 5th June (Robin 2, Bilston)

Roy Wood Rock N Roll band - 13th June (Robin 2, Bilston)

The Searchers - 25th June (Robin 2, Bilston)

Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - 17th July (Robin 2, Bilston)

Andy Fairweather Low - August 28th (Robin 2, Bilston)

Motorhead + Saxon - November 3rd (Wolverhampton Civic)

Bill Maher - Constitution Hall 5/29

Robert and Allison - Merriweather Post 6/13

Ralph Stanley - Birchmere 6/14

Lyle Lovett - Wolf Trap 7/2

Lewis Black - Meyerhoff Hall 8/3

I take it you don't actually want to go.

More accurately, I'm simply not a fan. My girlfriend has attended many shows with me of artists she's not particularly a fan of so the least I can do is go see Duran Duran with her. Way back in the 80s I was working at a college radio station when artists like Duran Duran, Soft Cell, the Human League, Men at Work, the Replacements, R.E.M. Flock of Seagulls, U2, etc. first broke through so at least I have a tolerance for them. I even liked Hungry Like the Wolf for a few seconds back then but mostly I've never really been a fan of their music. If you had asked me back then if they would still be around in 2008 (much less attending one of their concerts), I would have told you no. I also recall saying much the same thing to my hair metal friends about the likes of Bon Jovi and Poision back in those days. Who knew they'd still be going strong (well, at least Bon Jovi) all these years later.

.. I think Duran Duran are rather wonderful.

And no that's not sarcasm.

And it ain't the beer talking either.

Hungry Like The Wolf is one of my all time favourites :)

To each their own. I was just never a fan of the synth heavy MTV friendly bands of that time (or of what would later become known as "hair metal"). I was much more a fan of artists like R.E.M., the Replacements, Guadalcanal Diary, Let's Active, the db's, Lone Justice, the Long Ryders, Los Lobos, Stevie Ray Vaughan, U2, etc. back then as well as reggae artists such as the Mighty Diamonds, Peter Tosh, the Itals, David Lindley and El Rayo-X, etc. Many of the New Wave and Hair Metal bands struck me as transparent and superficial. It was just never my thing.