What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Tonight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAnnF-WGJR8, well not really, but almost. :D

In two months I will be attending The Hellacopters last conserts, first on the 25th of October and then, the last one ever, on 26th of October. It will be tears and laughter, the worlds greatest current rock'n'roll band is history. I kid you NOT.

I've somehow been roped into seeing Jimmy Buffett at Nissan Pavilion on Saturday...

DON'T GO!! Call in sick. You are already going into it with a negative attitude, once you are there and reality sets in you will really sink to a new low. I couldn't imagine being around all those drunken Parrotheads. Many years ago I attended a Celine Dion concert just for the heck of it. My ticket was free. Once there I felt like such a loser.

Also, everybody who tells me, says GETTING to the Nissan Pavilion is a major pain.

Edited by JethroTull

DON'T GO!! Call in sick. You are already going into it with a negative attitude, once you are there and reality sets in you will really sink to a new low. I couldn't imagine being around all those drunken Parrotheads.

In certain cases, you might get taken to see someone who you're not that familiar with, and the crowd is there for the music - and it might be a great experience and introduction to something special. In this case, though, you probably are already familiar with some of this nonsense and the crowd's over the top jubilation will probably indeed piss you off even more. Most of these people act all giddy for one or two nights each year, then go back to being snobbish A-holes the next day...

I'll be seeing Hot Tuna this Saturday. They just did an acoustic show for a party at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, and I'm drooling over the setlist that just went up on Jorma's website. Lots of Rev. Gary Davis material - like "Keep your Lamps Trimmed and Burning" and "Death Don't Have No Mercy", and instrumentals like "Embryonic Journey" and "Water Song". They opened with "Let Us Get Together, Right Down Here", which must have had all the newly unified Dems clapping and stomping along? I know I'll be, in 2 days!

DON'T GO!! Call in sick. You are already going into it with a negative attitude, once you are there and reality sets in you will really sink to a new low. I couldn't imagine being around all those drunken Parrotheads. Many years ago I attended a Celine Dion concert just for the heck of it. My ticket was free. Once there I felt like such a loser.

Also, everybody who tells me, says GETTING to the Nissan Pavilion is a major pain.

Yeah... well it's too late now. My husband is a big fan. And the tickets are coming from a friend with a sick husband and she "really wants them to be used." Buffett's okay, and alcohol will certainly help... it's getting OUT of Nissan that worries me. I'm bringing the newspaper and a couple of magazines to pass the time...

And we'll have some Zep in the CD player in the car while we wait. :D

Yeah... well it's too late now. My husband is a big fan. And the tickets are coming from a friend with a sick husband and she "really wants them to be used." Buffett's okay, and alcohol will certainly help... it's getting OUT of Nissan that worries me. I'm bringing the newspaper and a couple of magazines to pass the time...

One of you should drive to the show and sell both tickets. You might even have time to pull off a quick EBAY deal. I'm sure it's sold out. Nothing like taking advantage of a drunken ticket hungry Parrothead.

Look You have to go so think positive dress up in full parrot head regila .Then get drunk as all hell.You will have a good time and if You dont You wont remmeber it.Trust Me on this I have been to a few shows that I have verry little memory of.I once saw Frank Sinatra with Dean Martin and Sammy Davis jr in Oakland dont remmeber much My Uncle Vance made us take Him . He was 66 then and his eyesight would not let Him drive.We tried talking Him into a Limo but He said His son and his Nephew should be able to do that one little thing for Him if we wanted in the will.Crazy thing He passed away last year at 87 and Niether of us was in the will.I still love and think He was a great Man.Also have had to go to quite a few Country Shows some good some really bad survived that drugs and alchol help.Now days it is strictly alchol for Me.

Look You have to go so think positive dress up in full parrot head regila .Then get drunk as all hell.You will have a good time and if You dont You wont remmeber it.Trust Me on this I have been to a few shows that I have verry little memory of.I once saw Frank Sinatra with Dean Martin and Sammy Davis jr in Oakland dont remmeber much My Uncle Vance made us take Him . He was 66 then and his eyesight would not let Him drive.We tried talking Him into a Limo but He said His son and his Nephew should be able to do that one little thing for Him if we wanted in the will.Crazy thing He passed away last year at 87 and Niether of us was in the will.I still love and think He was a great Man.Also have had to go to quite a few Country Shows some good some really bad survived that drugs and alchol help.Now days it is strictly alchol for Me.

• 3 weeks later...

Kidderminster Music festival 27/9

Mike Sanchez

Debbie Bonham

Ian Parker

Carlisle Egypt aka Kevin Gammond ( Band of Joy/Priory of Bryon)

Followed in October and November by

Groundhogs/Focus/Wishbone Ash 4/10

Steve Winwood 7/10

Stephen Stills 13/10

Feeder 20/10

Goldfrapp 25/10

Dr John 30/10

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals 10/11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My daughters are having birthdays 14 & 15 so I'm chaperoning.

Time to dust off my Zep T shirts!

Not what I'd usually get into but I'll try anything once!

Scary Kids Scaring Kids - November

Anyone heard / seen these blokes?

Kylie Minogue - December