Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jahfin

What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

The Lions Rampant / Cut in the Hill Gang in Covington tomorrow night. It will be AMAZING. JOHNNY WALKER!!!! :D

Free shirt, free single, free admission... uh, totally worth buying a tank of gas to go.

EEEEEEE. :yay:

whyalla   
Thanks, I have been looking forward to DLR with the VH boys for a loooooong time now. Awesome picture from the O2 show :D Have you checked out the John Butler Trio? Looking at who you are going to see, they would fit into your style very well.

Peace.

"Art changes people, people change the world." - John Butler

Hi Walter :beer: Yeah I like JBT but I've neglected them for a while! Thanks for the reminder. I've never seen them live although I've just missed seeing them several times. Their doing some dates in the UK in September so I might catch them then.

The Lions Rampant / Cut in the Hill Gang in Covington tomorrow night. It will be AMAZING. JOHNNY WALKER!!!! :D

Free shirt, free single, free admission... uh, totally worth buying a tank of gas to go.

EEEEEEE. :yay:

I would just like to add that this was one of the greatest nights of my life.

Walter   
Hi Walter :beer: Yeah I like JBT but I've neglected them for a while! Thanks for the reminder. I've never seen them live although I've just missed seeing them several times. Their doing some dates in the UK in September so I might catch them then.

You should definately check them out. JB's guitar playing is the closest to Pagey I have ever heard. Not in a sense that he is ripping him off or trying to sound like JP, just that they both paint an amazing landscape with their sound. JB live is just incredible and even if they play the same set two nights in a row (which doesn't usually happen), the songs are played a bit different. Kinda like another band we know (what site is this again?!). Anyway, I wanted to compliment you on your awesome picture that accompanies your posts - VERY COOL :thumbsup:

Thanks for the brew.

Peace.

Jahfin   

WARM, SAFE & SOUND

A benefit concert for the Raleigh Rescue Mission

Patty Hurst Shifter, Big City Reverie, The Love Language, Beggar's Caravan, Puritan Rodeo and The Repeating

Friday, February 22nd

Pour House Music Hall

Raleigh, NC

The Cartridge Family

w/ Joe Swank and the Zen Pirates

Saturday, February 23rd

Slim's Downtown Distillery

Raleigh, NC

Just got tix for The Mars Volta, in St Louis, in April and with any luck, I'll get some for the Black Crowes show in Owensboro, KY of all places. Can't wait for their new album to drop.

TypeO   
"rush" thank's to your advice,(just fucking go ), i will be getting rush tickets. don't know who i'll see before that. there's a bunch of good shit coming. been thinking of leon redbone, lots of fun, totally differant. what a voice. saw him in the 80's.

yeah, gonna catch Rush again, at the same venue even (Charlotte, NC).

April 20th (I think) Ministry is coming to Atlanta - I'm shooting for that one for sure - seen them twice before and they always rock hard.

Just caught Iron Maiden's 'Somewhere Back In Time' tour in Melbourne last Thursday (7th Feb)...totally bloody awesome!

Awesome!

Hopefully I'll be going to The Black Crowes next month, but I might not have enough time to get tickets in order.

Xia   

Trying my hardest to get tickets for Iron Maiden on March 16th at the Air Canada Center.

Going to the Foo Fighters w/ Against Me! the week after though! Can't wait!

Jahfin   

From what I've read in interviews Waters and Gilmour are talking more than ever but neither has much interest in a Floyd tour. As for the big arena/stadium shows I've grown out of the habit of attending them as much as I use to in recent years. Most of my concert going these days consists of catching my favorite bands in clubs instead. This year I already have more big shows (Van Halen, R.E.M., Winwood/Petty) lined up than I have in a very long time. Last year's Police show at Bobcats Arena in Charlotte reminded me why I don't do the big shows so much anymore. One thing is the cost ($90 a ticket for seats in the nosebleed section), another is the lack of intimacy at a stadium show. It's hard to feel any sort of connection with the band on stage when you feel more tempted to look at the big screen projections than the tiny ants on stage below. Depending on the artist, I'll take club shows over the Enormo-Dome shows any day of the week.

Chicken   

Next up now is Gary Numan at Manchester Academy on the 8th March.

It's part of the Replicas tour, so it should be double ace!

Really looking forward to it now, actually. :D

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss

After the concert, don't forget to list it in the Last Concert You Attended thread. Everything needs to be documented. Also, scan your ticket stub and post it so we know you are not lying. Thanks.

Chicken   
After the concert, don't forget to list it in the Last Concert You Attended thread. Everything needs to be documented. Also, scan your ticket stub and post it so we know you are not lying. Thanks.

... :huh:

I think my sarcasm detector is broken?

whyalla   

The Black Crowes - April 9

Paul Weller (acoustic set) and Duffy - April 10

The Long Blondes - April 14

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - May 22

Nottingham Dot-to Dot - May 24/25

Jahfin   

Possibly Tres Chicas (acoustic) and Sarah Borges and the Broken Singles this Sunday night.

And Friday, for the first time since 1979.....Van Halen.