What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

On 5/10/2016 at 11:11 AM, lcondo123 said:

I would pay some quality money to see that!

The show was KILLER, they played a solid hour and a half show and did a lot from Nonagon Infinity. They sounded excellent and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Got only one good photo with a few vidoes but I highly recommend seeing these guys live!

KING GIZZ.JPG

Thanks for the tip, Icondo. I appreciate that...always on the lookout for new music. I was in Amoeba yesterday and saw they had two King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard albums for sale. Having already busted my budget on new deluxe reissues of Ronnie James Dio, Scorpions, Funkadelic, Procol Harum, and the Move, I had to pass on the King Gizzard. Which one do you recommend starting with? Is one greatly better than the other?

1 hour ago, kingzoso said:

On my way to see Mr. Joe Walsh and Bad Company on their first gig of the tour in Dallas, Texas.  I love Joe Walsh.  

Hi kingzoso! I hope you see a great show tonight.  I will see them later this month.

:) 

2 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Hi kingzoso! I hope you see a great show tonight.  I will see them later this month.

I think Deborah J is seeing them, too. Not sure if and when they are coming to Southern California, but I hope my schedule allows me to see them.

18 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Thanks!!!  I am here now and it is now intermission time.  I actually missed about 20 minutes of Joe Walsh (which really sucks) but the first complete song I saw was Fucking Awesome.  The Bomber.  (If anyone is unfamiliar with this Fucking Classic, I urge you to look it up on YouTube).  

Bad Company just took the stage.  Later, for now.

There is a reason that Joe Fucking Walsh is in my top 5 favorite guitarists of All-Time, and last night I witnessed my reasons why.  Mr. Walsh puts on one Hell of show and for those that have seen him in the past might know or remember this: 

Joe is one of the funniest and craziest performers ever.  His in between songs banter is hilarious (if you can hear and understand what he is saying).  Their is also a softer and more poignant side to him as he reflected on the passing of his "friend" and "brother", Glenn Frey.  I don't want to spoil anything for those who are planning on seeing this awesome performer, but it almost brought tears to my eyes as he paid tribute to Glenn. 

One last thing:  Two of his backup singers were absolutely stunning and gorgeous.  Their were four and one of them was a guy.  The two I am referring to were beautiful women.  The cameramen must have thought the same thing as they were prominently featured on the two large screens that were on display at both sides of the stage. 

I urge anyway who is a true fan of Music to go see Joe Walsh if He comes anywhere within 200 miles of where you live.  You will NOT regret it. 

Edited by kingzoso

8 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Thanks!!!  I am here now and it is now intermission time.  I actually missed about 20 minutes of Joe Walsh (which really sucks) but the first complete song I saw was Fucking Awesome.  The Bomber.  (If anyone is unfamiliar with this Fucking Classic, I urge you to look it up on YouTube).  

Bad Company just took the stage.  Later, for now.

4 hours ago, kingzoso said:

There is a reason that Joe Fucking Walsh is in my top 5 favorite guitarists of All-Time, and last night I witnessed my reasons why.  Mr. Walsh puts on one Hell of show and for those that have seen him in the past might know or remember this: 

Joe is one of the funniest and craziest performers ever.  His in between songs banter is hilarious (if you can hear and understand what he is saying).  Their is also a softer and more poignant side to him as he reflected on the passing of his "friend" and "brother", Glenn Frey.  I don't want to spoil anything for those who are planning on seeing this awesome performer, but it almost brought tears to my eyes as he paid tribute to Glenn. 

One last thing:  Two of his backup singers were absolutely stunning and gorgeous.  Their were four and one of them was a guy.  The two I am referring to were beautiful women.  The cameramen must have thought the same thing as they were prominently featured on the two large screens that were on display at both sides of the stage. 

I urge anyway who is a true fan of Music to go see Joe Walsh if He comes anywhere within 200 miles of where you live.  You will NOT regret it. 

Thanks for the passionate (and colorful) review, kingzozo, sounds like it will be an amazing night!  I will see them in an outdoor venue so hopefully we'll have nice weather. I'm glad you enjoyed the show, now I'm even more excited to see them! :) 

p.s. No love for Bad Company??! 

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Thanks for the tip, Icondo. I appreciate that...always on the lookout for new music. I was in Amoeba yesterday and saw they had two King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard albums for sale. Having already busted my budget on new deluxe reissues of Ronnie James Dio, Scorpions, Funkadelic, Procol Harum, and the Move, I had to pass on the King Gizzard. Which one do you recommend starting with? Is one greatly better than the other?

All of their albums are really top notch, you really can't go wrong with anything you start with. Their newest album Nonagon Infinity  is one continuous looping album; every song plays directly into the next one and the final song loops perfectly back into the first song. That's a great one to check out. My favorite album though is I'm In Your Mind Fuzz, all of the tracks are excellent and you will not be disappointed!

One thing that's great about their discography is that every album is as good as the others. They've released 8 albums in the past 4 years and their music hasn't faltered one bit. I'll attach a few YT videos for you to check out but really just pick an album, sit back, and enjoy the experience! :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, kingzoso said:

On my way to see Mr. Joe Walsh and Bad Company on their first gig of the tour in Dallas, Texas.  I love Joe Walsh.  

What would you say the age range of the audience was?  I'm sure you noticed at the Plant show, there was a lot of fans in their 20's mixed in with the older generations that we are apart of.

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

What would you say the age range of the audience was?  I'm sure you noticed at the Plant show, there was a lot of fans in their 20's mixed in with the older generations that we are apart of.

That's been going on for some time now. As far back as the late-80s, when the Stones, the Who, and Pink Floyd returned to the concert stage, you saw old farts with bald heads and kids in the audience. The Page/Plant tours were another good example of that wide mix of generations.

10 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Thanks for the passionate (and colorful) review, kingzozo, sounds like it will be an amazing night!  I will see them in an outdoor venue so hopefully we'll have nice weather. I'm glad you enjoyed the show, now I'm even more excited to see them! :) 

p.s. No love for Bad Company??! 

Bad Company was very good and it was the first time I had seen them.  Every song they played was a song that would be known by most big Bad Company fans. 

Tonight May 13: Bob Mould @ Teragram Ballroom

A free ticket fell into my lap for tonight's Bob Mould show. While I loved Hüsker Dü, I haven't really kept up with Bob Mould's solo career much past Sugar.

But since the ticket is free, how could I pass it up? It has been probably 20 years since I last saw Bob Mould live. I am sure he will at least play a few Hüsker Dü nuggets. Also, I read a wonderful remembrance of Prince that he wrote and noticed he played a Prince song at one of his recent concerts. Maybe we will get a Prince cover tonight.

On May 13, 2016 at 4:36 PM, kingzoso said:

Bad Company was very good and it was the first time I had seen them.  Every song they played was a song that would be known by most big Bad Company fans. 

Sounds like One Hell of a Night. 

:P 

On 5/13/2016 at 10:18 AM, Ross62 said:

I'm stoked to be going to see Ash Grunwald tomorrow night here http://www.kinrosswoolshed.com.au/index.php

:banana:

Killer gig,best one I've been to for years! The old Woolshed rocked.Ash plays a small bass kick drum with his right foot and hi-hats with his left.I had no idea he had relatives from around here and a lot were at the gig including young ones dancing on and near the stage.The sound was excellent with lots of controlled reverb and effects,plus the light show almost had me flashing back.

He's a latter day bluesman no doubt and he gets people involved with time to speak to the crowd with an easy going humorous attitude.

ash.thumb.jpg.4a9b7b4832cad63c64b7ddf8b9

FRIDAY MAY 20: KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD @ Teragram Ballroom! 

Talk about your perfect timing, Icondo. Your posts came at the perfect time. The last time I posted here was the day I was going to see Bob Mould at the Teragram Ballroom.

When I got to the venue that night, I looked at the upcoming concert schedule that was posted by the box office. Hmmm...Richard Thompson was playing the next night! Unfortunately I had an event to work the same night.

Then what do my eyes see on the schedule for this Friday? King Gizzard & the Lizard King!!! I couldn't believe it! I had only found out about them from you that very day. What were the odds?

Of course, given the L.A. nightlife, there was immediately a conflict in my schedule. I was already juggling three possibilities for May 20 in my mind. I could go to the Angels game (playing the Orioles) or I could go see my friend's band or I could go to the Bad Company & Joe Walsh concert at the Forum. Now I had King Gizzard to add to that list of choices.

Well, the Angels suck and the baseball season is long and I will have plenty of other opportunities to see a game. This one is easy. Cross off the Angel game.

My friend's band I saw just a couple months ago...and I will see them again. So, in a way this was easy to cross off the list, too.

That leaves King Gizzard vs. the Classic Rock duo. I know people I like have been raving about the Joe Walsh/Bad Company tour and I definitely prefer Joe Walsh solo than with the Eagles. But I saw both of these acts enough times in the '70s to get my fill. 

While I liked a few of Bad Company's albums, I never found them particularly thrilling in concert. They were very meat-and-potatoes...solid, but the very definition of 'workmanlike'. The only reason I could find to get inspired to go to the Forum show was Joe Walsh. But even that reason is half-hearted if I really think about it. I loved the James Gang and though I liked some solo stuff, I dont need to hear "Life's Been Good" ever again.

Add the fact that King Gizzard is in an intimate venue and only $16, well...it didn't take long to decide in favour of King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard.

I really want to go see Joe Walsh again.  If I have not made it so clear in the recent past, I Fucking Love Joe Walsh!!!  I would love to see Him again but the only downside is that he only plays about an hour and a half co-headlining with BadCo. 

I think that I would love to go back to Las Vegas and see Joe again.  I just happened to see Rush's fourth to last concert in Vegas just last July. 

There are only a few people that I would spend thousands of dollars to travel and see and Jimmy, Robert, Rush, Joe Walsh and Ronnie James DIO are amongst them.  It makes me sad that Ronnie is no longer a viable option anymore. 

I just might go back to my adopted city of Saint Louis, Missouri and see the "Mighty Cardinals" play the Chicago Cubs.  Baseball games are very fun to attend, but in My opinion, not a memorable as a great concert. 

I have a lot to think about and contemplate.  I deserve a fun time, I just cannot make up My mind of how much fun I want to spend. 

Edited by kingzoso

^^^What a fraud. Seeing the Dead without Jerry Springer is like seeing Led Zeppelin without Jimmy Page.

Icondo, I ended up getting three King Gizzard albums: "Nonagon Infinity", "I'm In Your Mind Fuzz", and "Paper Mâché Dream Balloon". I haven't been so excited to see a new band since seeing The Black Angels and Graveyard for the first time. 

And...they are from AUSTRALIA!!! How come none of our Aussie forum members tipped us off about these guys before? ;) 

There are two opening bands tonight...Mind Meld and The Murlocs. Anyone know anything about them?

$16 for 3 bands! You can't even park at the Forum for that amount anymore.

20160520_190636.thumb.jpg.900d6f1798001b

20160520_185943.thumb.jpg.e7b63689d67cd2

Edited by Strider

6 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Jerry Springer, lol. :lol:

6 hours ago, Walter said:

:hysterical: 

Holy shit! Did I write that? Oh man...sorry. Way too many drinks and way too many tokes I guess. 

As you probably guessed, I meant Jerry Garcia.