What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Pumped for Steve Rodgers (Paul Rodgers' son), Joe Walsh and Bad Company tomorrow night. I'm sure the setlist is pretty set but I am going to kindly yell out to request for Walsh to do "White Summer", he has done it live before and I think it would be cool if he'd do it doesn't hurt to ask nicely.  Actually the setlist looks like it hasn't budged until last night at the LA Forum , he added "All Night Long" to the end of the encore. Bad Company hasn't been here since 2005 when I saw them at the intimate celebrity theater and they were on fire! They had Dave "Bucket" Colwell on guitar at the time and he was an absolutely phenomenal fill in for Mick Ralphs and they knocked the shit out of me, so I have a nice memory of the last time they played here...

Edited by luvlz2

More fun in the sun...

Tonight May 23: The Cure @ Hollywood Bowl. Night #2.

Tuesday May 24: Body/Head @ The Echo. Kim Gordon and Bill Nace's new experimental noise band.

Thursday May 26: Buzzcocks @ The Mayan. 40th Anniversary Tour.

Not concert, but a series of concerts spread out over two days, for over 6 hours! Hope my family and friends (who have agreed to go with me) will be able to recover from the upcoming madness! :lol: 

This is all possible, thanks to the annual music festival called Fête de la Musique (http://www.fetedelamusique.de/en/)

These concerts will feature bands who are professionals and amateurs. Each band has a 30 minute set list. The genres range from classical music, jazz, rock and reggae. I'm really interested in the Blues Rock, Hard Rock, Progressive Rock, Ragtime and Jazz bands! Can't wait for 18th and 19th of June, to arrive! :D 

Edited to add: Usually, this annual event is held on the 21st of June, but this year (as far as my location is concerned), it's being held over the weekend from the 18th to the 19th of June.

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Just returned from seeing the Joe Walsh / Bad Company show. I'm still in awe!! 

A lovely night at Champion Square.

image.thumb.jpeg.0d3931ca155f06fcaca03d7

image.thumb.jpeg.36f27b4337051869b2fac11

The opening act, which was not announced, was Makana, from Hawaii. He stepped on the stage and started playing a guitar, and it was simply beautiful. He introduced himself and said he wanted to play something that was influenced by Jimmy Page, and he proceeded to play Dance of the Red Poppies. Very nice.  Then he played Going to California, and I knew it was going to be a great night!! ❤️❤️

Bad Company, til the day I die. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b2aba0d85f15b7ba53361fe

image.thumb.jpeg.49ccca95c40d5553b8c660d

I love seeing the pics of bands back in the day.

image.thumb.jpeg.399bd20443061cd4785c124

Paul Rodgers did not disappoint.  His voice still makes me melt.

On May 13, 2016 at 10:08 PM, luvlz2 said:

In record time on youtube...

One of my favorites tonight from Young Joe Walsh, who still seems to be celebrating his twenty-something birthday.  His voice and guitar skills are in tip top shape.  I was blown away!! He changed guitars on every single song, sometimes even during the song.  Another favorite from tonight was Funk 49, I love the guitar in that song (reminds me of Jimmy). Every minute on the sonic trip was pure joy.  It truly was one hell of a night!

image.thumb.jpeg.821f0a4c6cfdf281b650e52

Joe Walsh was amazing on the guitar.  So was the fella next to him.

There is something square to the drummer's left, looks like a monitor.  What is that for? 

image.thumb.jpeg.8f9e0784c3ed826ec5729cb

Loved the pics shown during Life's Been Good, and since the riff sounds like Houses of the Holy, what better pic to have than with Jimmy.

image.thumb.jpeg.73996116c042904ed06a9f8

Another nice one. :) 

image.thumb.jpeg.0c3d93ed10204faf81e3b34

Nice tribute to Glenn Frey. 

On May 13, 2016 at 2:08 AM, kingzoso said:

There is a reason that Joe Fucking Walsh is in my top 5 favorite guitarists of All-Time, and last night I witnessed my reasons why.  Mr. Walsh puts on one Hell of show and for those that have seen him in the past might know or remember this: 

Joe is one of the funniest and craziest performers ever.  His in between songs banter is hilarious (if you can hear and understand what he is saying).  Their is also a softer and more poignant side to him as he reflected on the passing of his "friend" and "brother", Glenn Frey.  I don't want to spoil anything for those who are planning on seeing this awesome performer, but it almost brought tears to my eyes as he paid tribute to Glenn. 

I urge anyway who is a true fan of Music to go see Joe Walsh if He comes anywhere within 200 miles of where you live.  You will NOT regret it. 

Yes, I echo the above.  I did edit out your comment regarding the backup singers as I wasn't as impressed with them as you were, kingzozo. ;) 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Ddladner
Hmmm, trying unsuccessfully to delete last two pics.

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Tonight - Joe Walsh/Bad Company at the Tampa Ampitheatre. :) 

Wow. You must be like the hundredth member here who is going to see Joe Walsh and Bad Company on this tour. Have a fun time at the show! Are all the Walters going?

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Wow. You must be like the hundredth member here who is going to see Joe Walsh and Bad Company on this tour. Have a fun time at the show! Are all the Walters going?

Just Mrs Walter, myself and a couple were close with.  Anybody know what time Walsh goes on stage?!?  Just had a HUGE rain storm, I'm half-soaked, but pounding cranberry and vodka! ?

^^^Sorry I didn't have that info for you...as you might recall, I spent my Friday with King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard instead of Joe Walsh & Co. the night they were in L.A.

Still waiting to hear how zepscoda plans to see dead people in concert.

Tonight, Monday, and Tuesday: Brian Jonestown Massacre @ Teragram Ballroom

Memorial Day holiday with the BJM. Yes, my next concerts will be three consecutive nights...Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...celebrating the one-year anniversary of the Teragram Ballroom with the Brian Jonestown Massacre headlining all three nights.

It was all good!  We got inside with time to spare.  Great show - especially Walsh!  We bought lawn seats for $30 a piece and end up in "regular" seats under the covering of the ampitheatre, due to lack of overall sales.  It was packed though.  Seemed like a lot of skunks were living near bye! ;) 

^^^Sorry I didn't chime in, although I was here I did not look at your post in time, although I would not have known anyways, because Bad Co and Walsh have been switching who the headliner is throughout this tour. In New Orleans Bad Co was before Joe Walsh...from the footage I've watched from Tampa it looks like Bad Co was the headliner I think.

Yes, they were luvlz2.  Walsh came on about 7:30, play about 80 min.  Bad Co came on about 9:15 and played about 90 min.  We took off during the encores to beat the drunks out of the rain drenched, muddy parking lot.  Mrs Walter made her best illegal moves and we were home back in O-town by 11:30 and in the pool.  Fun night!  

Next up G 'n R in July....

Edited by Walter

On 5/28/2016 at 4:09 PM, Strider said:

Are you planning on raising them from the dead? That's some trick if you can pull that off.

LOL....no idea how these 2 posts ended up in this thread...but wish I could bring them back!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Got got my tix for tomorrow night at Red Rocks !

2016-06-10-06-52-36-1.png

Dwight Yoakam is opening?!? :o

That doesn't seem right. BHT are okay but Dwight Yoakam is a hall-of-famer in my book. The bill should be the other way around. It would be like Radiohead opening for Coldplay.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Dwight Yoakam is opening?!? :o

That doesn't seem right. BHT are okay but Dwight Yoakam is a hall-of-famer in my book. The bill should be the other way around. It would be like Radiohead opening for Coldplay.

This is BHTM's annual Red Rocks show..not sure how Dwight got on the bill...might be friends of the band ? I'm sure he'll come out again and jam with the guys towards the end of the night..can't wait...going to be nice out too...night temps going down to 63°

3 hours ago, zepscoda said:

This is BHTM's annual Red Rocks show..not sure how Dwight got on the bill...might be friends of the band ? I'm sure he'll come out again and jam with the guys towards the end of the night..can't wait...going to be nice out too...night temps going down to 63°

Enjoy the show and the erm... edibles, etc! ;) ✌?️