What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Black Sabbath this Wednesday (9/7) in Dallas, Texas.  My friend who bought the tickets told me yesterday that he cannot go so he is giving me his ticket.  

I have asked a couple of friends if they want to go (for free) but they said that they don't know yet.  If all else fails, any takers here who would like to go?  (Strider, ebk, LedZeppfan1977, Walter, SAJ, zepscoda, lpman and all the others that I can't think of at this moment.  All it will cost any of yous is a plane ride to the Great City called Dallas).  As a last resort, I will just give the ticket to my brother (which really should be my first resort). 

Edited by kingzoso

15 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Black Sabbath this Wednesday (9/7) in Dallas, Texas.  My friend who bought the tickets told me yesterday that he cannot go so he is giving me his ticket.  

I have asked a couple of friends if they want to go (for free) but they said that they don't know yet.  If all else fails, any takers here who would like to go?  (Strider, ebk, LedZeppfan1977, Walter, SAJ, zepscoda, lpman and all the others that I can't think of at this moment.  All it will cost any of yous is a plane ride to the Great City called Dallas).  As a last resort, I will just give the ticket to my brother (which really should be my first resort). 

Interesting proposition...

Of all the hundreds of Rock and Roll or Heavy Metal Bands, How many on this Awesome Forum can claim to have witnessed Black Sabbath last night in Dallas, Texas?  Even more direct to the point, have seen Ozzy, Geezer, and Tony live on stage in the past 20 years? 

I just saw all three in Dallas in the middle section of the Pavilion, about the closest I could get with a "lawn ticket".  I have great video footage from my phone, the problem is, is I don't know how to upload said footage. 

3 hours ago, Walter said:

^ Saw them a couple of summers ago - great show!  The wife really enjoyed it too, even though she likes Ozzy solo better than Sabbath.  Glad you had a good one! 

Thanks!!!  I do not know how many more gigs that Black Sabbath have on this "final" tour, but I highly encourage any who has a chance to see them, see them.  It was a great concert with a great setlist.   

Every time Black Sabbath have come to Phoenix since they reunited in 1997 I have not missed them. 50/50 chance I will go see them on the 21st. If i miss them it will be okay, they have been playing 99% the same songs in concert since 1997.

Edited by luvlz2

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Every time Black Sabbath have come to Phoenix since they reunited in 1997 I have not missed them. 50/50 chance I will go see them on the 21st. If i miss them it will be okay, they have been playing 99% the same songs in concert since 1997.

I hear you and read you, but to be in the "Presence" of thousands of Black Sabbath fans, all of Us there for the same reason, is a remarkable phenomenon that cannot be duplicated, no matter how many times anyone has seen them.  Just My opinion. 

Go, have fun and Rock Out with everyone else there waiting to hear "After Forever":

I just wished they played "Sweet Leaf":

Edited by kingzoso

Saturday Sept. 10: Jeff Lynne's ELO @ Hollywood Bowl 

The ELO concert was so amazing last night that I'm going again tonight after work. My friend couldn't go last night and was so distraught hearing me talk about how great the show was and went to the box office today and found two box seats available for tonight. I just got the happy news. So after this Star Trek thingy it's back to the Hollywood Bowl for more ELO.

Sorry Dallas Knebs. I never heard back from you so did not know where you were sitting.

Edited by Strider

9 hours ago, Strider said:

Saturday Sept. 10: Jeff Lynne's ELO @ Hollywood Bowl 

The ELO concert was so amazing last night that I'm going again tonight after work. My friend couldn't go last night and was so distraught hearing me talk about how great the show was and went to the box office today and found two box seats available for tonight. I just got the happy news. So after this Star Trek thingy it's back to the Hollywood Bowl for more ELO.

Sorry Dallas Knebs. I never heard back from you so did not know where you were sitting.

I didn't realize you had box seats...wow!!  So glad you got to go back, and to see the show with your friend who had never seen ELO made It extra special! :) 

6 hours ago, Ddladner said:

I didn't realize you had box seats...wow!!  So glad you got to go back, and to see the show with your friend who had never seen ELO made It extra special! :) 

Seeing ELO with super-great company on Friday made that night extra special too!

50 minutes ago, Tangerina said:

Tegan and Sara. I sure hope they play "The Cure" one of my favs of theirs.

They played it the last time I saw them so you have a good chance. I wish you luck Tangerina!

They are coming back to L.A. September 29 at the Wiltern. But it is still up in the air whether I have the time or the funds to add them to an already crowded September schedule.

40 minutes ago, ebk said:

Billy Bragg and Joe Henry sing train songs (and other stuff) - Tuesday at The Birchmere.

Great concert poster.  Hope they're selling it.

That should be a great show. Billy Bragg is probably more well-known by people but I have always loved Joe Henry.

I had a chance to go see Sloan at the Roxy tonight but I am so drained from the past couple weeks that I passed. I need a rest. I saw Sloan in the 90s but I can't really remember anything from the concert.

And...to this day whenever I hear the band's name I immediately think of "Sloane Rangers".

Edited by Strider

4 hours ago, ebk said:

Billy Bragg and Joe Henry sing train songs (and other stuff) - Tuesday at The Birchmere.

Great concert poster.  Hope they're selling it.

There was a very interesting interview with Billy Bragg about his train Journey from Chicago to LA in last Sunday's times. I would love to do that journey and the Adelaide to Perth trip across Australia. I have very happy memories of rail trips in India

18 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

There was a very interesting interview with Billy Bragg about his train Journey from Chicago to LA in last Sunday's times. I would love to do that journey and the Adelaide to Perth trip across Australia. I have very happy memories of rail trips in India

He was on with Jo Whiley on Radio 2 this past week.  Great interview and in-studio performances.  Really looking forward to the show.

And I love trains.  Someday I'd love to go across this country on a train.  And then, other countries!

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:23 PM, Strider said:

They played it the last time I saw them so you have a good chance. I wish you luck Tangerina!

They are coming back to L.A. September 29 at the Wiltern. But it is still up in the air whether I have the time or the funds to add them to an already crowded September schedule.

Strider, in answer to your comment, Tegan and Sara were fun to see as always, great musicianship and entertaining quips to amuse the audience. They didn't play "The Cure" but did a great set that included "Walking With A Ghost", another favorite of mine.  After reading about your EPIC August concert-going list, if your September is anything like that I can see why you might not be able to squeeze them in. Favorite Sept shows I saw were The Revolution, Summit Brewery Bash with Bob Mould etc, Festival Palomino with Trampled By Turtles, the Arcs, Andrew Bird etc, I may catch local gem Haley Bonar Sunday. October so far has Dinosaur Jr (yes!) and Margo Price lined up. May need to see a few more than that to called it a real Rocktober, ha.