What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

1 hour ago, reids said:

Just saw Steve Martin & Martin Short with Steep Canyon Rangers in Atlanta.

I trust it was a great show.  I have seen the Rangers 10 times, but most recently way back in 2012.  I started seeing them when they had just released their first CD.  So the first show I saw they still had the original fiddle player.  He was okay but nothing like the "new" guy, Nicky. 

One time at a festival they were doing "Bluegrass Blues" and Woody broke a string.  He just kept right on singing while he reached into his pocket, got a string, and changed it.  So there was no acoustic guitar for a bit but he did not miss a word.

10 hours ago, John M said:

I trust it was a great show.  I have seen the Rangers 10 times, but most recently way back in 2012.  I started seeing them when they had just released their first CD.  So the first show I saw they still had the original fiddle player.  He was okay but nothing like the "new" guy, Nicky. 

One time at a festival they were doing "Bluegrass Blues" and Woody broke a string.  He just kept right on singing while he reached into his pocket, got a string, and changed it.  So there was no acoustic guitar for a bit but he did not miss a word.

Yes indeed. Funny and entertaining.

Very cool!!! 😊👍

R😎

Post Christmas splurge on concerts this past week. David Bowie Celebration (Feb), Buckcherry (March), Kansas (April), Rival Sons (May), Bryan Ferry (Sept) and The Who (Oct). My kid's band is wrapping up album two and they are keen to be back playing live so there will lots of their shows I hope.

Foo Fighters (Feb)

Switchfoot (Feb)

Kiss (April)

Glenn Hughes (April)

tba (summer)- includes Cheap Trick

Queen + Adam Lambert (August)

The Who (September)

Eric Johnson (October)

All Atlanta shows!!!

R😎🎸👍

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chef free said:

I have some tickets to see the legendary Buddy Guy this coming April!  Just found out that Christone "Kingfish" Ingram will be opening!  That kid just turned 19! Man. he's got that tone...

Here he is at age 15:

Buddy Guy seems to like having a whippersnapper along when he tours. A few years ago at the Hollywood Bowl he had this young kid playing...can't remember his name. Kid was 14 or 15, I think.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Buddy Guy seems to like having a whippersnapper along when he tours. A few years ago at the Hollywood Bowl he had this young kid playing...can't remember his name. Kid was 14 or 15, I think.

Samantha Fish is opening for his Cleveland show! She just turned 30 but compared to Buddy that's a whippersnapper!

On 2/9/2019 at 12:40 PM, Walter said:

I’m sure you’ve gotta be fired up for that one! Enjoy!

On 2/9/2019 at 4:32 PM, ebk said:

They were at Austin City Limits last night and we almost went.  Almost... 

Have fun!!

It was a Hot show, I'll post the set list and stuff over in the BHTM thread.... you're down in Austin?  Have a great time, that's a party town !

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

It was a Hot show, I'll post the set list and stuff over in the BHTM thread.... you're down in Austin?  Have a great time, that's a party town !

We were there last week (got home yesterday).  Had a lovely time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Strider said:

March 14: Low @ The Lodge, Highland Park.

March 15: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats @ The Wiltern Theatre.

Uncle Acid played here last night with Graveyard , but I couldn't make it 😡

That should be a excellent show!

7 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Uncle Acid played here last night with Graveyard , but I couldn't make it 😡

That should be a excellent show!

That's a shame. Next time they hit Dallas I'll see about getting you in. 

On 3/13/2019 at 11:15 AM, Strider said:

March 14: Low @ The Lodge, Highland Park.

March 15: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats @ The Wiltern Theatre.

Holy shit. I just discovered Graveyard is also on the bill at the Wiltern with Uncle Acid. WIN-WIN!