Plant/Krause Concert Tonight 6/4/08

I'm going to the Robert Plant/Alison Krause concert tonight. I was reading that Robert has been singing a few Zeppelin songs at his live shows with her such as Battle of Evermore, Black Dog, and When the levee breaks. Does anyone know if he'll sing those or any other Zepplelin songs tonight?

On another note, I don't want to be obnoxious but i do want to belt out a few "Led Zeppelin!" chants at the concert, do people do that? Or would that be rude? Either way im psyched!

Those Zeppelin songs are part of the set, so you will definitely be hearing them tonight. But as far as yelling out LED ZEPPELIN, I wouldn't do that if I were you. From some of the more recent reviews, people have been yelling out STAIRWAY to him, and he's told them to F-off. It's also disrespectful to Alison, T-Bone, and the rest of the band.

Yes, he will do some Zep songs. Most of them will sound totally different, except for the Battle Of Evermore or if he does them alone. I wouldn't bellow out Zeppelin anything during the concert for two reasons. It's disrespectful to the other members on stage and the set list is already made, no matter how much you yell for Zep stuff if it wasn't on the list it won't happen.

Are you going to any of the shows Hotplant?

Not unless he comes to my area. So far he's not. BUT, if that rumor about "The Not Strictly Bluegrass" Fest is true. My daughter and I will MOST definitely go.

We both want to take a little trip to Frisco, and I so want her to see Golden Gate Park and all the sites.

The festival looks kick ass, all free with the entire park having different stages. We may go anyway, even if A&R cancel. We want to spend three days there, that's how long the fest is, but we want to go to all the usual tourist traps too.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. B)

Not unless he comes to my area. So far he's not. BUT, if that rumor about "The Not Strictly Bluegrass" Fest is true. My daughter and I will MOST definitely go.

We both want to take a little trip to Frisco, and I so want her to see Golden Gate Park and all the sites.

The festival looks kick ass, all free with the entire park having different stages. We may go anyway, even if A&R cancel. We want to spend three days there, that's how long the fest is, but we want to go to all the usual tourist traps too.

PM coming :D

Would he really yell "F-off". See, I would not want to be disrespectful to Alison or the rest of the band, its great that they get to play with robert, but people (Robert imparticular) need to realize that he is loved 99% as a result of Led Zeppelin. I'm proud of him for sticking to what makes him happy. I wouldn't expect him to change the set list but I do think he should know what people want to hear. But by chanting "led zeppelin", or "stairway", its really only paying homage and showing admiration and respect for his past, not disrespecting his future. I have no idea what I should do there. Awesome that i'll here a few Zep tunes though, certainly wasnt expecting that.

He certainly did say "F*** off" in Paris. I didn't think it was the right response, especially when during the next number he was almost berrating the crowd for not singing along loudly enough to Black Dog.

But I guess Stairway is a particular bug-bear for him.

I'm going to the Robert Plant/Alison Krause concert tonight. I was reading that Robert has been singing a few Zeppelin songs at his live shows with her such as Battle of Evermore, Black Dog, and When the levee breaks. Does anyone know if he'll sing those or any other Zepplelin songs tonight?

On another note, I don't want to be obnoxious but i do want to belt out a few "Led Zeppelin!" chants at the concert, do people do that? Or would that be rude? Either way im psyched!

Hey-Up,

Me & my good friend Whyalla, went down to Wembley (London) to see Robert/Alison & the Band, & they were nothing short of FANTASTIC.

Now, about "Shouting Out" if you have read some of the previous posts on this wonderful site, mainly the "Pre/Post Zeppelin--Robert/Alison @ Wembley", you will see that some chap who "Looks like me & Sounds like me" shouted.."Robert.. I Love You".. to which he replied " You waited a long time to tell me", much to MY, & the Crowds delight, & it made the pages of the "Evening Standard". Having followed Led Zeppelin for 31yrs, i owe him that, as for asking about "Zeppelin Songs", i think that you will be Amazed at what "This Lot" do on stage anyway.........ENJOY.

Hang-man.

What date is the festival? Hmmm....I live down the coast from SF; sounds like a fun event. I love going to SF.

I hope they do appear but even if they don't, you and your daughter should make the trip. Have you ever been there before?

Those Zeppelin songs are part of the set, so you will definitely be hearing them tonight. But as far as yelling out LED ZEPPELIN, I wouldn't do that if I were you. From some of the more recent reviews, people have been yelling out STAIRWAY to him, and he's told them to F-off. It's also disrespectful to Alison, T-Bone, and the rest of the band.

I was at opening night in Louisville and someone shouted out for Stairway. He took it well, actually smiled and laughed a little. I think he may be losing patience with that, or he is losing his sense of humor, or maybe he is tired. Or all three. They have not leased a jet for this tour, they are driving from city to city. I have a friend that used to drive a bus for these tours and the pace of a country tour is a grinding one with a lot of overnight driving. He tells me by week 3 everyone is getting sick.

He certainly did say "F*** off" in Paris.

To think of how many times he's lauded the French for their appreciation of his music over the years. Then he does a Zeppelin song and chides them afterward? Good grief,

as if over-bearing staff on this tour wasn't bad enough. FWIW, I say it can't end soon enough.

But by chanting "led zeppelin", or "stairway", its really only paying homage and showing admiration and respect for his past, not disrespecting his future.

How about paying homage & showing admiration & respect for the past 30-odd years of his career as a solo artist? :D

FWIW I saw them last month in England & they were fantastic. Nothing on youtube does justice to the sheer power they are creating on stage. It grooves, it has great dynamics & I hope they consider another album on the strength of this tour.

It wasn't Zeppelin, but so what? I didn't go to see Zeppelin, I went to see PLant & Krauss.

How about paying homage & showing admiration & respect for the past 30-odd years of his career as a solo artist? :D

I like that. Maybe I'll try yelling out TALL COOL ONE, and see what happens. :D

I am always, and always will be, delighted to hear the Zep numbers included in Robert's set.

I guess no one can ever think of Robert Plant without thinking LZ and vice versa -who'd want to!

However, I do believe he's recognised for his significant solo efforts a lot more than the 1% you give him credit for ;)

I know folks get very excited caught up in the atmosphere of the gig, but to me it does appear disrespectful when someone hollers for LZ stuff during the set, bloody annoying even, if they're right next to you and bellowing down your ear!- I often wonder what Robert and the band must think?

I've just realised you will have already attended the gig by the time you read this, I do hope you had a terrific time listening to this fine band Robert has brought together.

I understand that your loyalties, like many others, lay primarily with LZ , that said, I do hope you enjoyed last night's gig on it's own merits and were able to embrace and delight in the present!

Edited to add. Please let's know what you thought of the show when you get a chance.

At the April 19th show, there was a drunk guy yelling "If I were a carpenter" I was thinking, wow that was out of left field. He was ignored but what the hell, at least he wasnt yelling for "Stairway" :D

but what the hell, at least he wasnt yelling for "Stairway" :D

That's funny, maybe I'll yell that out as an after remark. "AT LEAST IT WASN'T STAIRWAY!" :lol:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm totally with ya on that one!!! He did it for me...(kidding...) in Tulsa. :wub:

One of my FAVES!!!

I want to hear Big Log and some Fate Of Nations stuff too. Hey, why not, after all, this seems to be growing and growing every night. Robert, the king of improv.

What date is the festival? Hmmm....I live down the coast from SF; sounds like a fun event. I love going to SF.

I hope they do appear but even if they don't, you and your daughter should make the trip. Have you ever been there before?

It is Oct. 2-5th, I believe. Steve has a post in here somewhere about it. You can just google it and link to their website.

Yes, I've been there many times. I know my daughter will love it.

I am always, and always will be, delighted to hear the Zep numbers included in Robert's set.

I guess no one can ever think of Robert Plant without thinking LZ and vice versa -who'd want to!

However, I do believe he's recognised for his significant solo efforts a lot more than the 1% you give him credit for ;)

I know folks get very excited caught up in the atmosphere of the gig, but to me it does appear disrespectful when someone hollers for LZ stuff during the set, bloody annoying even, if they're right next to you and bellowing down your ear!- I often wonder what Robert and the band must think?

I've just realised you will have already attended the gig by the time you read this, I do hope you had a terrific time listening to this fine band Robert has brought together.

I understand that your loyalties, like many others, lay primarily with LZ , that said, I do hope you enjoyed last night's gig on it's own merits and were able to embrace and delight in the present!

Edited to add. Please let's know what you thought of the show when you get a chance.

Well said Plantonic :D And I agree :thumbsup:

Actually I could see that song making a cool tune for them to do in their present style!!!

Actually I could see that song making a cool tune for them to do in their present style!!!

That would be interesting, that's for sure. I would love to hear 'Ship Of Fools' in the set. One of my all time favorites.

Archived