1987(?) MTV Interview

nirvana

Does anyone remember the MTV Interview with Robert Plant and the girl VJ who Robert was endlessly flirting with - to the point where the poor VJ Chick was blushing and stuttering during her valiant attempt at the interview?

I think it was during Robert's "Now and Zen" comeback...he had this girl in his sights and wouldn't let her go - on live TV none the less!

Question - what was the VJ's name and did she take Robert up on his "what are you doing this evening?" offer?

Does anyone remember the MTV Interview with Robert Plant and the girl VJ who Robert was endlessly flirting with - to the point where the poor VJ Chick was blushing and stuttering during her valiant attempt at the interview?

I think it was during Robert's "Now and Zen" comeback...he had this girl in his sights and wouldn't let her go - on live TV none the less!

Question - what was the VJ's name and did she take Robert up on his "what are you doing this evening?" offer?

Her name is Martha Quinn, she was one of the original hosts when the channel launched in 1981. That particular interview was conducted in Spring 1988.

Was it Martha Quinn?

God, I feel old. Anyway, I remember seeing him do the same thing with some chick from Entertainment Tonight. Gotta watch that guy :P he's trouble

Her name is Martha Quinn, she was one of the original hosts when the channel launched in 1981. That particular interview was conducted in Spring 1988.

No Steve, I remember Martha, no, def not her. This girl was smoking hot! Long light brown hair...Robert told her how beautiful her eyes were...very pretty girl. Quinn wasn't a looker -

too skinny, no fiqure. This VJ had a bod that must have impressed Robert...anyone have any more info?

No Steve, I remember Martha, no, def not her. This girl was smoking hot! Long light brown hair...Robert told her how beautiful her eyes were...very pretty girl. Quinn wasn't a looker -

too skinny, no fiqure. This VJ had a bod that must have impressed Robert...anyone have any more info?

Oh, I think I know who your talking about but I'll have to review the actual tape to get her name. It wasn't Idalis but she was also smoking hot.

Oh, I think I know who your talking about but I'll have to review the actual tape to get her name. It wasn't Idalis but she was also smoking hot.

Steve, I think it was Kari Wührer...former MTV VJ and B-movie star...if you can verify this I would appreciate it.

I know I have a VHS copy of this interview somewhere but I'm too lazy to dig it out!

All I know is that it was wild...

There has to be something on video out there, especially with the Internet. But, let me tell you, it's worth finding!

Not only for Robert's classic flirting with the VJ girl, but MTV also had him pick his top ten favorite band videos....interesting choices as I remember.

Pat Benatar was on his list, he had the hots for her also!

But the best was his blatant remarks to the VJ and how she was like warm butter in his hands!

I believe the show was called "The Return of the Tall Cool One - Robert Plant!", His Now and Zen vids were also highlighted...

I hope you find something on video...

Edited by nirvana

Now and Zen came out in 1988, along with its videos. Kari Wuhrer was still only hosting Remote Control. Kennedy and Julie Brown were the only new female VJs to join between 1988 and 1990, and both came later. That leaves us back with only Nina Blackwood and Martha Quinn as VJs at the time.

Steve, I think it was Kari Wührer...former MTV VJ and B-movie star...if you can verify this I would appreciate it. I know I have a VHS copy of this interview somewhere but I'm too lazy to dig it out! All I know is that it was wild...

Nirvana, the flirtatious interviewer for 'Robert Plant: The Return of the Tall Cool One'

was Carolyne Heldman. Here's a link to her photo:

http://www.mtv.com/photos/?fid=1563427&pid=2503805

The interview was recorded in October 1988 and originally aired later that same month

as the second leg of Robert's North American tour was underway.

Her name was Carolyn Helman or Heldman... She was quite the looker (but didn't get much on air time). I had a few friends that worked for MTV back in it's original days (when they were actually a cool/alternative station and played "music"). Nowadays, it's a complete joke (and most of their sister stations for that fact, too). VH1 plays the same stuff, too. VH1 Classic plays some videos and concerts (so, it's the last of it's kind).

She was among the first new VJs hired around 1987 with Adam Curray (poser/original Headbangers ball host) and Julie Brown (english one not the Red Head comedienne) (after the first 5 who started in August, 1981: Mark Goodman, Nina Blackwood, JJ Jackson, Alan Hunter and Martha Quinn).

R B)

Nirvana, the flirtatious interviewer for 'Robert Plant: The Return of the Tall Cool One'

was Carolyne Heldman. Here's a link to her photo:

http://www.mtv.com/photos/?fid=1563427&pid=2503805

The interview was recorded in October 1988 and originally aired later that same month

as the second leg of Robert's North American tour was underway.

Thanks Steve! That pic does look like the VJ that interviewed Robert, Good job !

Martha Quinn was cute although not much of an actress. Check out one of her big screen roles in the D-flick CHOPPER CHICKS IN ZOMBIETOWN. The best part of the movie is the title. Where well-intentioned horror meets unintended comedy with a budget not to exceed $35.

Edited by Dirigible

• 11 years later...