NO LED ZEPPELIN REUNION PLANNED

solar

I am embarrassed for all of you people trash talking SAJ, nice intro for our newbies. He makes a remark on this thread that you find offensive and you act like total smug morons? Add me to your ignore list too and talk about me behind my back. What childish behavior from adults.

Jimmy would be embarrassed of a few of his fan base if he were to read this I'm sure....

These morons with modems are even further beneath his notice than mine. There's only

about ten people actively making worthwhile posts to this forum anyway.

These morons with modems are even further beneath his notice than mine. There's only

about ten worthwhile people on this board anyway.

Steve, personally I'm quite willing to be banned over this. I have been away for most of the day and quite frankly, I'm disgusted by what I have read. I must admit that, I have friends that have jumped on this bandwagon and it does pain me . However, the ringleaders of this consorted attack need to step forward and show they're faces. Come on... Stringbender hasn't got what it takes to be a man. Go ask your mamma if you can respond

No red circle...

But...

This thread is no more pointless than probably 95% of the other threads on the entire board, and certainly no more pointless than ALL of the 'they ARE gonna [pick one] reunite again/tour again/release new material/somethingsomethingsomething again'.

Of course if there was "official news", it would be posted in the appropriate part of this website, but that hasn't hasn't stopped the 'they ARE...' threads at all, including a speculative one started by the esteemed SAJ himself.

This nice intro for our newbies is no worse than and probably better than the trouncing they get if someone says 'satanic' or 'backmasking' in the title or opening post of their 'I'm new and have a question...' threads. Of course, there are also disdainful replies from your esteemed SAJ to newbie questions or posts, but I guess those are ok?

If the problem was so simple as 'SAJ made a remark' that people didn't like then there wouldn't be a problem. People don't bash poor SAJ just for the helluvit (I for one prefer to pull wings off of flies). He trashes folks, gets snotty if folks ask a question in a less-than fawning manner, makes a to-do over a list of folks he wants banned, etc. etc. and expects everyone to gasp in awe and wonder at his various Zep-related announcements and factoid presentations. It would be bad enough if all his factoids and pronouncements were correct... but they aren't. Just try to correct some incorrect information- it's ignored or dismissed... that's not too good a thing for our newbies either.

Yes, it would be nice if this all didn't take place in the 'newbie forum' but that is the appropriate place for the thread. Unfortunately, SAJ brings this kind of stuff upon himself, and it happens where it happens. Perhaps you think it's fine for SAJ to insult folks and 'trash talk' them yet not okay for folks to return the favor but I don't think it's the least bit fair to expect that. If he wants to be treated with courtesy and respect, then perhaps that is how he should treat others.

Again... that's not a red circle at you... just my two cents worth in reply.

Lake, There is an element on this forum that seems to think that every newbie is someone young. You seem to be amoung the misinformed. I doubt you were even of age to see Zeppelin let alone inform us about who we should listen to. Nice try but, it don't wash with me. Keep your little social group going though. I've got mine too

Steve, personally I'm quite willing to be banned over this. I have been away for most of the day and quite frankly, I'm disgusted by what I have read. I must admit that, I have friends that have jumped on this bandwagon and it does pain me . However, the ringleaders of this consorted attack need to step forward and show they're faces. Come on... Stringbender hasn't got what it takes to be a man. Go ask your mamma if you can respond

The challenge from a moderation point of view is if THEY are banned it isn't too hard to reregister under a new username and continue to cause havoc. So unfortunately trolls like Stringbender are allowed to exist merely for the purpose of ignoring their attacks.

When the time comes I won't hesitate to suggest this board be shut down.

The challenge from a moderation point of view is if THEY are banned it isn't too hard to reregister under a new username and continue to cause havoc. So unfortunately trolls like Stringbender are allowed to exist merely for the purpose of ignoring their attacks.

[/q

uote]

There won't be a need to do that. They just run away whenever anyone questions them. They know it all and refuse to reveal

It's June 29, 2008 and still no reunion/concert/tour planned. :whistling:

Thanks for that. I'm sure you intended this thread to be usefull. Somehow the plot got lost. Jimmy and Lori Maddox=

Wow, so you're a moderator?

I think I'll check with the owner of the board, because if you are I will reconsider participation on this site. Led Zeppelin deserves better than name calling homophobes, knowledgeable or no.

This really floors me, I hope you're on the level.

Katuschka?! I thought you said you were leaving this forum. Where's my fly swatter...

That's all this thread is now...fly paper catching new insects to feed to my ignore list.

Enjoy the site!

SteveAJones?!

You thought wrong because I've never said that.

This post is a typical example of your arrogance, and I'm really surprised there are people who cannot see it. You are in no position to brandish a fly swatter, because this message board is not yours. Maybe it would be more productive to show the nature of this "courtesy" rather than questioning and impeaching the "authority" of others. But instead, you avoid the answer by assailing those who question your own "reputation". It's ridiculous how desperately you try to keep it "intact". One would say that it's the only thing you have. Very sad.

StringBender is not a troll, he's a man with an opinion, and he voiced it. Your "reputation" is very dubious, so you shouldn't be surprised that people are in doubt as to your "authority." After reading some of your bigoted remarks, I'm surprised you have any.

I couldn't care less if I'm on your ignore list or not; others will see the post, and that exactly what I want. Good day, sir.

There won't be a need to do that. They just run away whenever anyone questions them.

As stone throwers usually do. My solid personal reputation always remains firmly intact.

Have some ruffage, that should clear it up.

I am embarrassed for all of you people trash talking SAJ, nice intro for our newbies. He makes a remark on this thread that you find offensive and you act like total smug morons? Add me to your ignore list too and talk about me behind my back. What childish behavior from adults.

Jimmy would be embarrassed of a few of his fan base if he were to read this I'm sure....

Go ahead, I guess I just drew a red circle in the middle of my forhead. Let's just take it outside the newbie forum though OK? Jeez....

Actually, comparing people to insect and talking pompously about his own importance makes SAJ a honorary member of this TSM group. He's an encyclopedic example of smugness.

And no, I'm not going to add you on my empty ignore list, because I prefer when people communicate.

There's only

about ten people actively making worthwhile posts to this forum anyway.

Gosh SAJ, what Zep Fanzine did you dig that out of. And, I thought that I was the only one around here not liked......................I think that SAJ is the real TROLL here :D:D

Of course, he will not see this because I am on his "Now Famous" ignore list.

See, here's the funny thing about mr. Steve A Jones. For the longest time, he held himself up as the pillar of integrity, and acted as if he was above everyone else on the board. He took this attitude of "I'm only here to discuss Zep, the rest of you cretins can hang around the 'basement' and talk about non-Zep stuff, losers". But peoples' true characters are always eventually revealed, and his homophobia and ignorance made him unable to resist wandering into the 'basement' to participate in non-Zep discussion of social issues. Rather than remaining this infallible Zep Guru, Stevie showed himself to be quite fallible and human after all. A few "queer" bashing comments later, and Stevie's integrity and reputation were forever soiled. And he knows it. He can come back up to the Zeppelin threads, and again try and act as if he's above everyone else and is some sort of Zeppelin buddha, but the horse is out of the barn. Steve has shown his true colors, and they aren't pretty. So he can call people who don't like him trolls, and ignore everyone he wants, but the emperor has been revealed to have no clothes.

Well, I'm certainly not the authority around here and haven't been around long enough to see any of Steves bashings so I can plead ignorance on that part :)

As for his replies on this particular thread, I think they have been pretty controlled considering the comments that have been hurled at him.

It seems there is a lot of resentment towards Steve and if his demeanor has brought that on perhaps we could all start over again, people change and evolve every day! Also, in my personal experience, people present a board presence, it's not always 'who they really are'. I actually like Stringbender because he is very well spoken, but also sharp tongued. I'm quite certain in real life he would be a bit gentler. We can all hide behind anonymyity here and I do respect Steve for being the only one who doesn't do that. Also, if there's ANYTHING we want to know that is fact based....Steve is the man! Steve, maybe you could be more tolerant of those of us who go off on tangents, it's all part of the fun :D speculation is all we have right now!!

The ONE thing we ALL share is our love of Led Zeppelin music and respect for the men who made it happen! In my book that makes us ALL part of a pretty elite crowd!

Friendly bashing is one thing but out and out bullying is another. I'm not pointing fingers cuz I dont' know who's bullied who in the past but it would be really nice to see all parties concerned take a step back. That is the wisest thing a person can do and often the hardest. We don't need to go down the path of self destruction, we can step back and say "Hey, we can change this situation, I'll do my part and allow others to do the same"

Love, Light and Peace to ALL who are here on this board that we are priveledged to be able to discuss our opinions on....

PS I am not above throwing a few hurls myself. I was attacked on the Pet Peeves board and got pretty pissy so I know that when fight or flight mode comes into play most people will choose 'fight', LOL!

Personally, I have found over the years that Stringy, Lakey, Katushka, Matt, Solar and others who've posted in this thread are intelligent, knowledgeable Zeppelin fans, and genuinely good people of the highest caliber. It's a disappointment that some others who I've come to like very much have got it so wrong.

As one of the so-called "10 people making meaningful posts on this forum", according to the PMs Mr. Jones has sent me, I'm frankly appalled to see people I've respected for years treated so shabbily by people who don't know the score. These people have earned their stripes, and I'm proud to call them my friends. The rest need to take a breath and try and see the bigger picture. There's a bigger dynamic at work here, and it needs to be addressed.

And Steve, honestly, you'll "have this forum shut down"??? Come on man!

Oh, and Stringbender has never been banned and subsequently never re-registered.

And Ally, ringleaders? C'mon bro! There are no puppetmasters here my friend. Just free thinkers. And some have taken issue with SAJ's presenting himself as an insider. He's not. A hardcore collector who's dedicated himself to archiving articles, yes. Someone who spends vast amounts of time looking for the latest, yes. But he's not a member of the "camp", no. I personally haven't taken issue with him. In fact our correspondance has always been cordial. But I have seen a few instances where he's put himself in a place of importance that is larger than reality. But clearly he can fight his own battles. I'm not getting involved.

Oh, and I actually CAN answer the question about any more reuinions, but then I'd lose a whole bunch of friends, and it ain't worth that. They mean more to me than a Zeppelin tour.

That's perspective. Some people here need a dose.

And no PMs PLEASE! I won't answer. Sorry. Seriously.

Personally, I have found over the years that Stringy, Lakey, Katushka, Matt, Solar and others who've posted in this thread are intelligent, knowledgeable Zeppelin fans, and genuinely good people of the highest caliber. It's a disappointment that some others who I've come to like very much have got it so wrong.

As one of the so-called "10 people making meaningful posts on this forum", according to the PMs Mr. Jones has sent me, I'm frankly appalled to see people I've respected for years treated so shabbily by people who don't know the score. These people have earned their stripes, and I'm proud to call them my friends. The rest need to take a breath and try and see the bigger picture. There's a bigger dynamic at work here, and it needs to be addressed.

And Steve, honestly, you'll "have this forum shut down"??? Come on man!

Oh, and Stringbender has never been banned and subsequently never re-registered.

And Ally, ringleaders? C'mon bro! There are no puppetmasters here my friend. Just free thinkers. And some have taken issue with SAJ's presenting himself as an insider. He's not. A hardcore collector who's dedicated himself to archiving articles, yes. Someone who spends vast amounts of time looking for the latest, yes. But he's not a member of the "camp", no. I personally haven't taken issue with him. In fact our correspondance has always been cordial. But I have seen a few instances where he's put himself in a place of importance that is larger than reality. But clearly he can fight his own battles. I'm not getting involved.

Oh, and I actually CAN answer the question about any more reuinions, but then I'd lose a whole bunch of friends, and it ain't worth that. They mean more to me than a Zeppelin tour.

And no PMs PLEASE! I won't answer. Sorry. Seriously.

Luv ya Ev!!

Really, everyone here adds their own flavor, it's a great group! I want to see the positive dynamic come back into play!!

the best statement i've read here in 3-4 pages.

i've always found the zep community (such as it is) to be about sharing: both the music and the information. cooperation is the key. the downside seems to be that whenever people feel passionately about a band, feathers get ruffled-bigtime. i don't see that changing. nor do i see any change coming concerning pointless trollistic posts or pointless (na-na-na) threads. just a continuing part of the scenery...

even the most patient, level-headed member of this forum can get sucked into feeding trolls. it's tiresome. but these people can only stand with what they have provided as far as insightful personal communication about their band. so, what comes around, goes around.

this forum is no different than any other bands when it comes to long-term contributors posting without sounding like they know everything. it is the nature of the beast-there is no way to present your history with every post you make.

my opinion: it's not that serious, folks...

all the people above (except scs-in my opinion) has contributed worthwhile over the long term. (and even that person has a chance to get it right with every new post they make) how about say we acknowledge each for what they are, whether we like everything they say or not, and just move on. again: it's not that serious. (a very good perspective-thanks, evster)

I want to see the positive dynamic come back into play!!

That will only happen when people stop putting themselves above others. When people can humbly admit they're mistaken or misinformed with humility and a sense of humor. All this infighting is pointless. Anyone truly in the know about certain things would never breach the trust of the people who shared that info, or they'd certainly never be told anything ever again. Sometimes what is left unsaid is what keeps the lines of communication open. Know what I mean? B)

That will only happen when people stop putting themselves above others. When people can humbly admit they're mistaken or misinformed with humility and a sense of humor. All this infighting is pointless. Anyone truly in the know about certain things would never breach the trust of the people who shared that info, or they'd certainly never be told anything ever again. Sometimes what is left unsaid is what keeps the lines of communication open. Know what I mean? B)

Ahahaha! I always tell my boss "I adamantly defend my right to be wrong!!" Ya just have to own up to being wrong and move on. The person who has never been wrong has probably never said or thought anything worth saying or thinking....

Free thinkers !!! Who's kidding who ? It's quite obvious that there is a consorted effort to discredit Steve. Why is it OK to defend others when they are being trashed ? These attacks are way too personal. IMHO, Stringbender is nothing more than a shit disturber. I don't think he qualifies as being a free thinker.

Free thinkers !!! Who's kidding who ? It's quite obvious that there is a consorted effort to discredit Steve. Why is it OK to defend others when they are being trashed ? These attacks are way too personal. IMHO, Stringbender is nothing more than a shit disturber. I don't think he qualifies as being a free thinker.

Just my two cents on this (and I'm not trying to cause trouble - just my observations) - it seems to me Steve often presents himself as having this reputation we're all supposed to blindly accept as the be all end all with no proof. There's no doubt he's an avid fan and spends a lot of time researching and documenting things. But by the same statement of his claiming his reputation speaks for itself, I could say the same thing. Anyone can really. There's no concrete proof backing it up beyond the fact HE says it to be, and I think that's in part what people take issue with. I know Stringbender - he's a good bloke and not a shit stirrer.

The thing is - we're all here for one common passion and despite that, we'll all have differing opinoins. It's just a shame we can't present our differences without it being a who's right contest. In the end, does it really matter?

I just try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Many things that have been said would probably be very funny if we were all sitting around listening to Zep, having cocktails, and good natured banter but I agree, some of Stringbenders comments on this thread no way fit into that category.

Every action causes a reaction and we all tend to stick up for people that we care for. It's unfortunate when the people you care for are on opposite sides of a fence...the fence must be broken down!!

I say we all kiss and make up :D I'll start...

kisses.gif

Just my two cents on this (and I'm not trying to cause trouble - just my observations) - it seems to me Steve often presents himself as having this reputation we're all supposed to blindly accept as the be all end all with no proof. There's no doubt he's an avid fan and spends a lot of time researching and documenting things. But by the same statement of his claiming his reputation speaks for itself, I could say the same thing. Anyone can really. There's no concrete proof backing it up beyond the fact HE says it to be, and I think that's in part what people take issue with. I know Stringbender - he's a good bloke and not a shit stirrer.

The thing is - we're all here for one common passion and despite that, we'll all have differing opinoins. It's just a shame we can't present our differences without it being a who's right contest. In the end, does it really matter?

Your absolutely correct, it doesn't matter. Everyone who posts so called inside info does the same. I take all and any info that is passed around with a grain of salt. No matter who hands it out. Calling someone a pervert on a message board however, does cross the line with me.

Archived