PLant/Krauss Tickets - Why are so many still available?

I certainly wouldn't call it a novelty but 'vital'? That pushin the envelope a bit me thinks...makes me wonder what you're listening to....yikes!

I've been listening to Raising Sand and it sounds very "vital" to me. Perhaps you're a bit biased since you've admitted you don't care for the record. Have you heard Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball where she covers everyone from Cash to Gillian Welch to Neil Young? People didn't know how to describe that record either because it covered so many styles of music that it defied simple categorization. That's exactly how I feel about Raising Sand.

June 30 in San Diego sold out quickly. It's at a small venue though, seating 1360. I got a pair of tix.

1,360?? ROFLMAO!!!!

What the, no other venue in the entire city of San Diego open for booking??? They all booked??? San Diego has a population of more than 3 million people!! LMAO and they are playing to under 1,500 people?

For God's sake, Rob Stewart who has been around the block so many times and seems to be on tour ever summer is playing to 18,000 seat venues. This is embarrassing!! Plant is a musical God!! Just goes to show you, many don't agree with his choice of his blue grass music side project and less are willing to support it.

1,360?? ROFLMAO!!!!

What the, no other venue in the entire city of San Diego open for booking??? They all booked??? San Diego has a population of more than 3 million people!! LMAO and they are playing to under 1,500 people?

For God's sake, Rob Stewart who has been around the block so many times and seems to be on tour ever summer is playing to 18,000 seat venues. This is embarrassing!! Plant is a musical God!! Just goes to show you, many don't agree with his choice of his blue grass music side project and less are willing to support it.

Plant/Krauss have also sold out other venues. I'm not sure why so many are so quick to blame the shows not selling out on the type of music they're playing (which is much more far reaching than just bluegrass), you also have to figure the high cost of gas into it as well as the state of the economy in general.

...and, who the hell is "Rob Stewart"?

1,360?? ROFLMAO!!!!

I don't think that means anything. The show works better in a more intimate setting. I've seen it both in a larger arena and a smaller venue. The smaller venue was better.

Rod Stewart plays big arenas doing a greatest hits tour. That's all well and good but whether you like Raising Sand or not, Robert is out there trying something different.

All I can say is, the crowd at the Greek last Tuesday following the main show and preceding the first encore was the loudest and most enthusiastic I've ever experienced. While there was palpable silence and reverence during the songs, the outpouring at the end was staggering.

Oh, and Rick..I mean scs..I mean ICQYB...I mean Rick58...

Angry Rick, that's it. I actually was a Krauss fan long before she met Plant. I've actually enjoyed his solo work, particularly with Doug Boyle (Hey Doug, whassup bro? Give us a call sometime.), and I take offense at being called an apologist. I apologize for nothing. If he did put out something I didn't like, I'd admit I'm not a fan of it. Your blanket condemnation of Plant fans, not to mention your bi-polar tendency to say he's the greatest singer and that you respect him combined with your incessant need to refer to him as Percy has gotten so stale you could cut glass with it. Give it a fucking rest already.

I know, it's funny to you how we're bothered and you don't care. Blah, blah, blah.

Yawn.

Rick58-1.jpg

All I can say is, the crowd at the Greek last Tuesday following the main show and preceding the first encore was the loudest and most enthusiastic I've ever experienced. While there was palpable silence and reverence during the songs, the outpouring at the end was staggering.

Oh, and Rick..I mean scs..I mean ICQYB...I mean Rick58...

Angry Rick, that's it. I actually was a Krauss fan long before she met Plant. I've actually enjoyed his solo work, particularly with Doug Boyle (Hey Doug, whassup bro? Give us a call sometime.), and I take offense at being called an apologist. I apologize for nothing. If he did put out something I didn't like, I'd admit I'm not a fan of it. Your blanket condemnation of Plant fans, not to mention your bi-polar tendency to say he's the greatest singer and that you respect him combined with your incessant need to refer to him as Percy has gotten so stale you could cut glass with it. Give it a fucking rest already.

I know, it's funny to you how we're bothered and you don't care. Blah, blah, blah.

Yawn.

Rick58-1.jpg

I had the same experiences at two of the shows I saw here Ev. The crowd was quiet but in awe and respect for wanting to really listen to the music and harmonies and nuances that were happening. But at the end of each song, huge applause and often standing ovations, not just for the couple of Zep tunes, but all of what they did. No one yelled anything disrespectful or shouting for Zep tunes. Well someone yelled we love you Robert but I don't think that was so bad. It was between songs #lol#

Rick's record is so old it belongs in a museum. But sadly he gets a kick out of it so there's no stopping it.

I'm curious....................just what Zep tune that Allison/Plant "Remake" is the favorite for those that like the new "Raising Sand" tour?? It is amazing how plant is so tempermental about playing with LED ZEPPELIN, but will be the first to fall back on the ZEP songs when needed.

Using someone's else fantastic spelling...

It's his perogative.

1,360?? ROFLMAO!!!!

True, there are larger venues, but Humphrey's, where they're playing, is pretty aggressive about booking some big name acts. The ticket prices for this show are pretty high, maybe higher than other places, probably to guarantee the artists' fee because there are fewer seats.

I had the same experiences at two of the shows I saw here Ev. The crowd was quiet but in awe and respect for wanting to really listen to the music and harmonies and nuances that were happening. But at the end of each song, huge applause and often standing ovations, not just for the couple of Zep tunes, but all of what they did. No one yelled anything disrespectful or shouting for Zep tunes. Well someone yelled we love you Robert but I don't think that was so bad. It was between songs #lol#

Yeah, Robert was clearly having a ball. And yes, the "We love you Roberts" only happened between songs at the Greek as well. :lol:

There was a real reverence among the crowd. They really wanted to HEAR the music. And that drummer was phenomenal!

As for those saying it's just a phase, Robert and Alison had a genuine rapport onstage. Very comfortable and at times playful. My money's on another album and tour.

So to them, in Robert's words "Suck it". No amount of complaining is gonna change anything, so get onboard or stop whining. It's worse than an hour of James Blunt songs. :beer:

Rod Stewart plays big arenas doing a greatest hits tour.

We can only wish that is what Percy were doing. But even if he were, I'm sure that he would find a way to "Change" his greatest hits into something that only "Percy Apologist's " could appreciate. You all have to understand something. While it is fine for the few that frequent this forum to like Percies musical meranderings, there are millions of ZEP fans out there. Many, many more of them (then those at the official site) think that much of his solo nonsense is just that.........nonsense. Especially his latest travels through time and space.

Yeah, Robert was clearly having a ball. And yes, the "We love you Roberts" only happened between songs at the Greek as well. :lol:

There was a real reverence among the crowd. They really wanted to HEAR the music. And that drummer was phenomenal!

As for those saying it's just a phase, Robert and Alison had a genuine rapport onstage. Very comfortable and at times playful. My money's on another album and tour.

So to them, in Robert's words "Suck it". No amount of complaining is gonna change anything, so get onboard or stop whining. It's worse than an hour of James Blunt songs. :beer:

The drummer is amazing! The whole band is tops and they seem to have gotten quite comfortable working together and allowing for some improvising. You're right - they do have a rapport on stage and HE is clearly very happy with this project. I think that drives him to continue working which is the main thing. If he wasn't enjoying it, he'd pack it all in and that's a pretty depressing thought :o I suspect somewhere down the line they'll work together again.

We can only wish that is what Percy were doing. But even if he were, I'm sure that he would find a way to "Change" his greatest hits into something that only "Percy Apologist's " could appreciate. You all have to understand something. While it is fine for the few that frequent this forum to like Percies musical meranderings, there are millions of ZEP fans out there. Many, many more of them (then those at the official site) think that much of his solo nonsense is just that.........nonsense. Especially his latest travels through time and space.

No WE all don't wish that. I don't want him to do a greatest hits tour. I'd rather him do things that are different - even if I didn't like them and chose not to see a tour, I'd still support his desire to not rest on his laurels and create something new.

And would you stop referring to me and others as apologists. We apologize for nothing Angry Rick.

The ticket prices for this show are pretty high, maybe higher than other places, probably to guarantee the artists' fee because there are fewer seats.

Wait a minute............................artists' fee......................I thought you all said that Percy was no longer interested in money. I can understand charging enough to pay crew, stage hands, Allison, etc., but you mean Percy is taking money for this??

This all sounds like - Jason drum roll..................Another "Percy apology". :D

Plant/Krauss have also sold out other venues. I'm not sure why so many are so quick to blame the shows not selling out on the type of music they're playing (which is much more far reaching than just bluegrass), you also have to figure the high cost of gas into it as well as the state of the economy in general.

This is yet another, Jason drum roll please.................Percy Apology. :D:D

there are millions of ZEP fans out there. Many, many more of them (then those at the official site) think that much of his solo nonsense is just that.........nonsense. Especially his latest travels through time and space.

no ticket, rick/scs=no valid opinion.

you haven't seen it, can't judge it!

I've been listening to Raising Sand and it sounds very "vital" to me. Perhaps you're a bit biased since you've admitted you don't care for the record. Have you heard Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball where she covers everyone from Cash to Gillian Welch to Neil Young? People didn't know how to describe that record either because it covered so many styles of music that it defied simple categorization. That's exactly how I feel about Raising Sand.

I never said I didn't care for the record. I actually quite like it....just not enough to purchase...that's all.

You're entitled to your opinion that this is a piece of 'vital' work, I'm entitled to mine that it isn't. Vital to you...not vital to me :)

What a waste of a thread.

Known list of sellouts:

2 Nights in KY

Birmingham

Wembley Arena

Uncasville CT (7k)

2 Nights in New York

Red Rocks

IL (17K)

Boston (5K)

Canaduaga NY (7k)

Detroit

2 Nights Greak Theatre LA (12k)

Greek Theatre Berkeley

Paris

Asheville NC

San Diego

Non-sellouts:

Reno (near capacity)

Roanoke (4K)

Known list of sellouts:

2 Nights in KY

Birmingham

Wembley Arena

Uncasville CT (7k)

2 Nights in New York

Red Rocks

IL (17K)

Boston (5K)

Canaduaga NY (7k)

Detroit

Greek Theatre Berkeley

Paris

Asheville NC

San Diego

Non-sellouts:

Reno (near capacity)

Roanoke (4K)

WOW, Im unimpressed. Add them all up and there would still be more per show if he would choose to make his ZEP fans happy.

And.........This post...........looks like another.........Jason drum roll please........Plant Apology :D

What a waste of a thread.

Known list of sellouts:

2 Nights in KY

Birmingham

Wembley Arena

Uncasville CT (7k)

2 Nights in New York

Red Rocks

IL (17K)

Boston (5K)

Canaduaga NY (7k)

Detroit

Greek Theatre Berkeley

Paris

Asheville NC

San Diego

Non-sellouts:

Reno (near capacity)

Roanoke (4K)

Sorry to disagree but:

I was in NY both nights and neither of the two nights were sold out. I could have gotten tickets at the box office(fourth row on 6/12) and outside they were scalping for ten bucks for any seat. the marquee outside did say sold out even though they had many available at the box office. It really made me wonder.

I was also at Mohegan Sun and it was not even close to a sellout. There were literally hundreds of empty seats, possibly even a thousand and the box office had many available.

Where did you get your info???

WOW, Im unimpressed. Add them all up and there would still be more per show if he would choose to make his ZEP fans happy.

And.........This post...........looks like another.........Jason drum roll please........Plant Apology :D

hey rick! plant should 'add them all up' to make you happy? if i were him, you'd be the prime reason i wouldn't.

because you don't get it.....

"Scalping" is only when tickets are being sold to make a profit (in other words, more than face value). Selling them for ten bucks a piece isn't scalping. As for why there were still tickets available for a "sold out" show perhaps it was a similar situation to what happened at this this recent R.E.M. concert in Jones Beach.

Hey, it's nice to hear you had a great time. Did you guys manage to meet Robert, or any of the band?? Others have said he was quite approachable, despite any security beefos.

Hoping you did get to.

Archived