Which Jimmy Wardrobe Do You Prefer?

zeptangerine

Which Jimmy Wardrobe Do You Prefer?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite Jimmy look!

• The Dandy Look: flower in the lapel, scarves, velvet jackets and silk shirts
    • The Farmer Folkie: floppy hat, scruffy beard, and trench coat
    • The Pantsuit Look: woven dragons, astrology signs, and the rings of Saturn around the rump
    • The Casual Friday Look: jacket, shirt, tie, and jeans
    • The High Finance Look: black suit, white shirts, black or white scarves
    • The Eco-Warrior Look: green army jacket, t-shirt, jeans
    • ALL of the above!

I like his early look.

I agree with Suz on that option! Jimmy in a bed sheet.

Or 'in a shower curtain' if you've ever seen White Heat! (James Cagney says that to Virginia Mayo, and this reminded me of that)

Or 'in a shower curtain' if you've ever seen White Heat! (James Cagney says that to Virginia Mayo, and this reminded me of that)

Someone ought to add this option here...girls, in whatever thread we are we end up talking about his...uncovered beauty. Dirty minds all around. Hehehe...

But returning to the topic: I Think dandy is the best. Jimmy as Dorian Gray, no coment but drooling...

But returning to the topic: I Think dandy is the best. Jimmy as Dorian Gray, no coment but drooling...

Or Jimmy dressing like Oscar Wilde? Maybe Jimmy was going for the posh Victorian, velvet jacket look?

please don't read too far into this...I know I killed a few fantasies here... just havin' fun 'cause we ALL know Jimmy liked the ladies. (I'll think I'll go now before it's too late to run for cover...)

:rolleyes:

Oscar_Wilde_(1854-1900)_in_New_York,_1882._Picture_by_Napoleon_Sarony_(1821-1896)_3bis.jpgpost212722james0kg.jpg

Or Jimmy dressing like Oscar Wilde? Maybe Jimmy was going for the posh Victorian, velvet jacket look?

please don't read too far into this...I know I killed a few fantasies here... just havin' fun 'cause we ALL know Jimmy liked the ladies. (I'll think I'll go now before it's too late to run for cover...)

:rolleyes:

Oscar_Wilde_(1854-1900)_in_New_York,_1882._Picture_by_Napoleon_Sarony_(1821-1896)_3bis.jpgpost212722james0kg.jpg

:hysterical:

The same expression on their faces! Fun! One for the boys, one for us, it is just fair i think... (Jimmy looks better, no denying)

You know, with dorian gray I meant this gorgeous looking hedonistic man rambeling around the chicest London Club and breaking the girls' hearts in dozen. Fits quite well, doesn't it?

:hysterical:

The same expression on their faces! Fun! One for the boys, one for us, it is just fair i think... (Jimmy looks better, no denying)

You know, with dorian gray I meant this gorgeous looking hedonistic man rambeling around the chicest London Club and breaking the girls' hearts in dozen. Fits quite well, doesn't it?

Now I KNOW I've opened a Pandora's Box... :bagoverhead:

...ol 'Sibyl didn't make out so well in the story (let's only hope Jimmy's shunned girlfriends didn't kill themselves, too), but the "hedonism" theme was definitely Jimmy's theme in the old days! That, and opium den... good God what have you started?? I am totally innocent in these matters. Just like the man below. :rolleyes:

jimmy.jpg

Now I KNOW I've opened a Pandora's Box... :bagoverhead:

...ol 'Sibyl didn't make out so well in the story (let's only hope Jimmy's shunned girlfriends didn't kill themselves, too), but the "hedonism" theme was definitely Jimmy's theme in the old days! That, and opium den... good God what have you started?? I am totally innocent in these matters. Just like the man below. :rolleyes:

jimmy.jpg

Glad he never was alone with his picture and a knife...

You know what: I'd really like to see the picture Basil painted of him.

Guess we should return to the topic anyway...

Glad he never was alone with his picture and a knife...

You know what: I'd really like to see the picture Basil painted of him.

Guess we should return to the topic anyway...

The topic? Does anyone ever stay on topic with these forums?? :D

Come to think of it, why haven't I seen a quality art portrait of Jimmy? He was an Art major along with his friend Zacron who designed LZ III, so wouldn't it be cool if Zacron did a portrait of Jimmy?

(Zacron has a website so maybe one is floating around in his portfolios.) B)

"Dandy Jimmy" is best...

Dont forget, his infamous CRUSHED RED VELVET PANTS! This picture is in black and white, but you cannot tell me there is anything more bad-ass that a picture of 1969 Jimmy in mid bow-solo! B)

Edited to add: You can see him at this same concert in color by looking at my avatar. B)

If anyone cares, these pictures are from Paris on 1969-10-10.

fdfdfdflkflkgt3.jpg

By docron at 2008-01-14

"Dandy Jimmy" is best...

Dont forget, his infamous CRUSHED RED VELVET PANTS! This picture is in black and white, but you cannot tell me there is anything more bad-ass that a picture of 1969 Jimmy in mid bow-solo! B)

Edited to add: You can see him at this same concert in color by looking at my avatar. B)

If anyone cares, these pictures are from Paris on 1969-10-10.

fdfdfdflkflkgt3.jpg

By docron at 2008-01-14

mmmmm, red pantss ^.^

1969 is their goLden year of fashion!

I Love shiny pink pants from Toronto;)

• 2 months later...

Archived