Rolling Stone Reports Vineland, NJ Outdoor Music Festival

bigstickbonzo

From Rolling Stone Magazine: The U.S. production company behind Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits has partnered with the U.K. team behind Reading, Leeds and Glastonbury to create the Vineland Music Festival, set to debut August 8th-10th on the New Jersey campgrounds of the same name. The fest promises to combine outdoor camping with performances by rock acts of all sizes. No lineup has been announced yet.

Rolling Stone Website

Does anyone have any further information on this? What I posted was all that was posted on their website under the News thread.

I like this idea. I always thought we had a great area for outdoor festivals. I think this would be a great place for local bands to shine as well.

Another article from a different website.

Philebrity Website

Anybody know the lineup?

Not from what I've read. I've heard next to nothing about this festival, but have certainly been spreading the word amongst the local band population to try and gather momentum for part of the festival to spotlight the local scene.

This was supposed to be originally the Philadelphia Music Festival, but our city government is so bloody useless and completely in the grip of the unions that terms could not be agreed on, so it's in Vineland instead.

Still, not a problem. Vineland is close to Philly. I'm anxious to see who will be there. If I go it'd be cool to meet up with some of you.

Archived