TGIF

Dancin'Days

Hahaha...In the summer there are plenty of free concerts outdoors, bring a blankie and a bottle (wine that is) and enjoy.

Now, I sometimes wind up babysitting for my eldest daughter so she can go shake her booty.

When I used to go out on weekends, I never expected a guy to buy my drinks, but as it usually went I never had to pay for the second one. If the person buying became a pest I'd bluntly tell him to fuck off. More often, my friends and I would pick the cream of the crop and if they invited us, we'd have a great night with each other, dancing and having a ball. 99.9 percent of the time I went home alone.

I have no problem with a guy buying. I also come prepared to pay for all my own.

Of course here we have ladies night too, where drinks are free till 11 pm or so, sometimes all night. Usually Thursdays.

When I was married it was stay home and take the kids somewhere.

I'm actually glad my wild days are done, it's nice to not wake up hung-over and sick as a dog.

We stay at home, since Friday has become laundry night. I do have my own bar near the laundry room - put a load in, do a shot, open a beer. I like to go sit on the patio, make a fire, and put on tunes or a ball game on the radio. My wife is happy just pay per viewing new movies and having popcorn or ice cream. It's no big deal, each doing our own relaxing thing for one night...

This is one of my fave places to booze and chill..and I get the last bus back home from here at 11.30 p.m so don't even have to worry about drinking and driving!

chillarea.jpg

Wow that is really beautiful.Just don't get to close to the edge when you've been on the piss. :lol:

Tonight we're going to a pool party for the swim team. We usually do something on Fridays; either go out to dinner (all of us), go somewhere else, or stay home and watch a movie. For about a month back in the winter, I was having a glass or 2 of wine on the weekends, but I kept pouring half a bottle down the sink because I couldn't finish it. (Tried the vacuum stopper too).

I would rather spend the calories on food anyway :)

Hahaha...In the summer there are plenty of free concerts outdoors, bring a blankie and a bottle (wine that is) and enjoy.

Now, I sometimes wind up babysitting for my eldest daughter so she can go shake her booty.

When I used to go out on weekends, I never expected a guy to buy my drinks, but as it usually went I never had to pay for the second one. If the person buying became a pest I'd bluntly tell him to fuck off. More often, my friends and I would pick the cream of the crop and if they invited us, we'd have a great night with each other, dancing and having a ball. 99.9 percent of the time I went home alone.

I have no problem with a guy buying. I also come prepared to pay for all my own.

Of course here we have ladies night too, where drinks are free till 11 pm or so, sometimes all night. Usually Thursdays.

When I was married it was stay home and take the kids somewhere.

I'm actually glad my wild days are done, it's nice to not wake up hung-over and sick as a dog.

Amen to that.

I thought women don't need money to go out. They go to a bar and only have to buy one drink then smile at some guy. Well after reading some threads, I guess all guys don't like to pay for womens drinks. Am I right or wrong, please let me know?

I don't like guys to buy me drinks, because then they feel that you "owe' them something. My feelings on this are:

Firstly, I never asked anyone to buy me anything, therefore, I owe nothing. I don't want some annoying dude following me around all night because he thinks he has permission to grab my ass, now that he bought me a drink. Um, NO. I'm not a hooker.

I'd much rather just buy my own drinks and sit alone....

I don't like guys to buy me drinks, because then they feel that you "owe' them something. My feelings on this are:

Firstly, I never asked anyone to buy me anything, therefore, I owe nothing. I don't want some annoying dude following me around all night because he thinks he has permission to grab my ass, now that he bought me a drink. Um, NO. I'm not a hooker.

^^What she said.

Wow that is really beautiful.Just don't get to close to the edge when you've been on the piss. :lol:

Hehe thanks for the warning Babs. The edge is more of a slope though so even I can't fall off it. :D

I know what you mean about everything getting expensive! Fucking gas is outrageous. I think I would use mass transit, if our little cow town in Germany had any such thing.

That's a shame. I know Germany well and I always thought public transport was pretty good there, especially the trains. I love the cheap regional train tickets you can get there. I guess buses in really out of the way places there might be a problem though. I'm lucky that our local buses run until quite late at night.

I go out to a lake that a friend of mine owns (not far from the hause) go fishing drink some wine or beer whatever I feel like and if I get to drunk my old lady picks me up.

Hehe, a cunning plan if ever I heard one. :D

I am still at a point where i want lots of wild times. I feel like i am missing out if i am staying at home.

Going out again in a half hour. :D

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

THAT is the funniest thing I've read all week Spats! Given you give us the blow by blow of what you're 'missing out' on...I'd think a night home would be a pleasure. At least there's no shot you'd have to take a bullet for someone...or talk to a girl that was flirting with you and take a chance at being disappointed, or dig a few quarters out of your pocket to buy a girl a drink.....OK, you know I think you are a great character, you just INVITE getting your chops busted though...so I felt it was my civic duty to do so :D

That's a shame. I know Germany well and I always thought public transport was pretty good there, especially the trains. I love the cheap regional train tickets you can get there. I guess buses in really out of the way places there might be a problem though. I'm lucky that our local buses run until quite late at night.

Hehe, a cunning plan if ever I heard one. :D

Quite right my friend! Germany does have an awesome mass transit system but If you are out in the sticks you are pretty much SOL. Parents suffer the most.......take me here take me there...... :D but it's all good!

Quite right my friend! Germany does have an awesome mass transit system but If you are out in the sticks you are pretty much SOL.

Yes, I do recall from my travels around a lot of places there that bus travel is hard in the sticks. I go to Berchtesgaden alot and even though some bus routes do go to a lot of out of the way areas there, they invariably do not continue far into the night. One time I was coming off a mountain walk and was hoping to catch a bus back to town but the buses had stopped for the night and I had to walk miles and miles.

I don't know Vilseck. Nearest to there I have been would be Nurnberg and Bamberg, which I love. Bavaria in general is my favourite area of Germany. That and the Rhineland/Mosel area.

Parents suffer the most.......take me here take me there...... :D but it's all good!

With the price of gas increasing.....it won't be all 'good' for long hehe. You'll have to start making the kids walk...or right a bike.LOL.

OK, you know I think you are a great character, you just INVITE getting your chops busted though...so I felt it was my civic duty to do so :D

Although I tend to look at alot of things in a reversed way as spats, and most here can't help but bust his chops, I can't really recall the guy ever lashing out at anyone in a personal way? Some others come here and lash out, even though they were never personally provoked. That's more distasteful, to me...

I agree completely!! See Bonnie? That's what i have been saying. It's the same with dinner. Everyone should pay for their own. Then there is no expectations, no disappointment and no one feels they have been used or taken for a ride.

THAT is the funniest thing I've read all week Spats! Given you give us the blow by blow of what you're 'missing out' on...I'd think a night home would be a pleasure. At least there's no shot you'd have to take a bullet for someone...or talk to a girl that was flirting with you and take a chance at being disappointed, or dig a few quarters out of your pocket to buy a girl a drink.....OK, you know I think you are a great character, you just INVITE getting your chops busted though...so I felt it was my civic duty to do so :D

It's okay. I know you are just having fun. :D

Well it's just me and my cat at home and i hate most of what is on tv so there is really nothing to do at home. It can get pretty quiet there. :mellow:

I didn't stay talking with with the girl at Harbourfront because she was nothing special. She was nice but she wouldn't turn any guy's head and say "Wow". And because my buddies were there and they were the first priority. I would rather hang out with them then chat with a girl that doesn't rev my motor.

Although I tend to look at alot of things in a reversed way as spats, and most here can't help but bust his chops, I can't really recall the guy ever lashing out at anyone in a personal way? Some others come here and lash out, even though they were never personally provoked. That's more distasteful, to me...

Thanks. :D

Yes, I do recall from my travels around a lot of places there that bus travel is hard in the sticks. I go to Berchtesgaden alot and even though some bus routes do go to a lot of out of the way areas there, they invariably do not continue far into the night. One time I was coming off a mountain walk and was hoping to catch a bus back to town but the buses had stopped for the night and I had to walk miles and miles.

I don't know Vilseck. Nearest to there I have been would be Nurnberg and Bamberg, which I love. Bavaria in general is my favourite area of Germany. That and the Rhineland/Mosel area.

With the price of gas increasing.....it won't be all 'good' for long hehe. You'll have to start making the kids walk...or right a bike.LOL.

Mangani, I am really getting tempted to watch "Jaws" again tonight :)

Mangani, I am really getting tempted to watch "Jaws" again tonight :)

Just make sure it's Jaws or Jaws 2. I saw 3 and 4 in the middle of the night a couple days ago and they are freaking horrible. :o

Archived