Plant on Zeppelin Tour-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What an interesting post. Here's Plant once again making it clear in a rude manner that he is a SOLO artist, yet, when folks respond to his more provovative nonsense, THEY are dissing Zeppelin?

Plant and his fans want to have their cake, and eat it too.

If he's done with Zeppelin, he should be done with Zeppelin. DONE. NO MORE SINGING LED ZEPPELIN SONGS.

He should cut his hair and let it go grey, while he's at it. He doesn't want to be the Golden God of Cock Rock anymore? Easy - STOP BEING THAT PERSON. Put it in the past where he keeps telling the rest of us it belongs.

Maybe he could even grow a pair and come out and break Jimmy's heart IN PUBLIC, too.

Perhaps there's the rub, huh? It's one thing to consign John Paul Jones to parking cars and playing the lounge at the Holiday Inn, or to disappoint Bonzo's son; it's another to dismiss James Patrick Page, OBE, honorary PHd, beloved and legendary leader of the best rock band in history...

Why should he do those things? Well, for one, because THEN reporters will stop asking about Led Zeppelin. Which apparently is actually the last thing Plant wants. He'd no longer have his cake if that happened, would he?

Excuse me for being one of those who remain underwhelmed by his integrity.

Geez, now some people don't only want to teach Robert Plant how he should react to a question from the journalists, they also want to tell him how he should wear his hair, how he should pose, what he should speak etc. with an endless list, right?

Grow up a bit, please, what do you think he is? A trained monkey or a robot which would run under the comand?

This is what I would call disrespectful.

Ouch. Why can't Robert play Zep songs on his own. They're his too. Do you object to the fact Jimmy did an entire tour with the Black Crowes singing Zep songs or somehow is he above the bashing? What's the difference?

Robert long ago gave up the "golden god" role. In fact I'd say in 1982 to be exact when he went on his own. He's not trying to be anything but someone interested in making music. What because his hair is still long he's trying to be a rock god? Jimmy's hair is long too but again, that's okay?

This is all so what's good for the goose is not good for the gander. Maybe Robert doesn't address the critics with a definitive no because he doesn't want to completely close the door. It's clear right now he's focused on this project and why not? He said the 02 show was a one time deal to celebrate Ahmet's life and legacy. It's not like he gave any sort of implications there would be more to it.

He can play Zep songs on his own. What he ought not do is simultaneously disrespect Led Zeppelin and people's love and interest in it.

He certainly can do his own thing right now, and more power to him, while he leaves the door open. For sure, I'm still hoping. What he ought not do is simultaneously blow raspberries at people for asking him questions about that door he's left ajar.

Why is that so hard to fathom? He's ZZZZZZZ about Zeppelin unless he's performing it? He won't close the door, but leave him alone about what it might lead to?

(Why do I feel like asking "and can I wash your dick for you, sir?" :rolleyes: )

I don't recall Jimmy bashing Led Zeppelin while he was playing Zeppelin tunes with the Black Crowes, do you? Telling folks the very thought of the band is sleep inducing or the music is like getting jerked off by a $2 hooker, then running out and playing "Black Dog?"

Page has been perfectly straightforward in his love and devotion to the band; that's why people are the opposite of fed up with him.

Jimmy no longer dyes or perms his hair, even though his long curly black locks were just as big a part of his guitar god persona as Plant's long curly blonde locks are of his rock star persona. But, there's nothing wrong with Plant's hair, anyway. What's annoying is him bitching and moaning and insulting people for identifying him as that rock singer everyone knows from his curly long blonde hair. Well fuck, then cut it, quit getting perms, stop dying it. Let the voice and music do the representin'.

It was the QUESTION. The QUESTION was what he was expressing boredom with. Because he's said "I'm focused on this project right now and I'm not looking past it" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. And people still ask him the same damn question which, however expected it may be, is still infuriating. There are questions people ask me that make me want to bang my head against the wall, we all probably have similar examples. I honestly think way too much is being read into this.

He can play Zep songs on his own. What he ought not do is simultaneously disrespect Led Zeppelin and people's love and interest in it.

He certainly can do his own thing right now, and more power to him, while he leaves the door open. For sure, I'm still hoping. What he ought not do is simultaneously blow raspberries at people for asking him questions about that door he's left ajar.

Why is that so hard to fathom? He's ZZZZZZZ about Zeppelin unless he's performing it? He won't close the door, but leave him alone about what it might lead to?

(Why do I feel like asking "and can I wash your dick for you, sir?" :rolleyes: )

I don't recall Jimmy bashing Led Zeppelin while he was playing Zeppelin tunes with the Black Crowes, do you? Telling folks the very thought of the band is sleep inducing or the music is like getting jerked off by a $2 hooker, then running out and playing "Black Dog?"

Page has been perfectly straightforward in his love and devotion to the band; that's why people are the opposite of fed up with him.

Jimmy no longer dyes or perms his hair, even though his long curly black locks were just as big a part of his guitar god persona as Plant's long curly blonde locks are of his rock star persona. But, there's nothing wrong with Plant's hair, anyway. What's annoying is him bitching and moaning and insulting people for identifying him as that rock singer everyone knows from his curly long blonde hair. Well fuck, then cut it, quit getting perms, stop dying it. Let the voice and music do the representin'.

I viewed Robert's response (zzzzz) to the question to be meant in fun of constantly being asked about reuniting with LZ. As to Robert was disrespecting LZ, his bandmates and their legacy, I didn't or don't see it that way.

And just because he doesn't do so in the manner that Jimmy doesn't mean he has any less love & devotion to the band, it's members and its legacy. Recent Robert interviews I've read indicate otherwise.....there's one in particular....it's in either Mojo or the other magazine (which names escapes me at the moment).

Robert why is you hair so long still at your age? When you get together with JP and JPJ in more Zep shows will you be playing bluegrass songs?

Robert now that you have reunited with Zep why the fuck have you cut your hair, it should be like a lions mane, as Zeps frontman you cannot have it short and grey cos that is dissing the Zeppelin look

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It was the QUESTION. The QUESTION was what he was expressing boredom with. Because he's said "I'm focused on this project right now and I'm not looking past it" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. And people still ask him the same damn question which, however expected it may be, is still infuriating. There are questions people ask me that make me want to bang my head against the wall, we all probably have similar examples. I honestly think way too much is being read into this.

Psssst... he hasn't answered the question.

Possible reasonable answers to The Question:

"Yes, I am looking forward to playing with Zeppelin again sometime in the future."

"No, I have no plans to ever perform with Zeppelin again. I wish Jimmy, John and Jason well in their future endeavors."

"Weren't you told not to ask that question? (followed by smiling silence)"

Silence, without a smile.

"Next question, please."

"This interview is over, sorry, you broke the rules."

This stuff shouldn't be that hard for an international super star with a 50 year career behind him, 'scuse me for saying, I'm sure.

Robert why is you hair so long still at your age? When you get together with JP and JPJ in more Zep shows will you be playing bluegrass songs?

Robert now that you have reunited with Zep why the fuck have you cut your hair, it should be like a lions mane, as Zeps frontman you cannot have it short and grey cos that is dissing the Zeppelin look

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Z

Z

Z

Z

Z

Z

Z

Z

Z

Z

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

There are classes you can take to improve reading comphrehension.

Where do you get he's disrespecting Zep? Have you ever heard him say anything to support that? He's in a press conference celebrating a gold/platinum album for Raising Sand and he's being asked something that's not only been asked a thousand times, but nothing to do with why he's there. HE WAS RESPONDING TO THE QUESTION, NOT THE BAND. It's not rocket science but if you're so hell bent on blaming Robert, I guess you won't see that.

So now you are dictating the terms in which Robert should conduct his life? My point was you seemed to think Robert has no right to play Zep tunes and I raised Jimmy doing it with the Black Crowes to show you what's the difference? Don't twist words.

Robert doesn't perm his hair. So he dyes it. So do I. Does that make me bad too or pretending? But I see your deal - Jimmy is God and Robert is shite. Just because Robert doesn't go on every interview gushing about Zep - don't assume it to mean anything. But if you were celebrating something you were working on now, how would YOU feel if all someone did was bring up what you did 30 years ago? I think you would not be happy. I wouldn't.

There are classes you can take to improve reading comphrehension.

When you have completed them let me know if they are worth attending.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Where do you get he's disrespecting Zep? Have you ever heard him say anything to support that? He's in a press conference celebrating a gold/platinum album for Raising Sand and he's being asked something that's not only been asked a thousand times, but nothing to do with why he's there. HE WAS RESPONDING TO THE QUESTION, NOT THE BAND. It's not rocket science but if you're so hell bent on blaming Robert, I guess you won't see that.

So now you are dictating the terms in which Robert should conduct his life? My point was you seemed to think Robert has no right to play Zep tunes and I raised Jimmy doing it with the Black Crowes to show you what's the difference? Don't twist words.

Robert doesn't perm his hair. So he dyes it. So do I. Does that make me bad too or pretending? But I see your deal - Jimmy is God and Robert is shite. Just because Robert doesn't go on every interview gushing about Zep - don't assume it to mean anything. But if you were celebrating something you were working on now, how would YOU feel if all someone did was bring up what you did 30 years ago? I think you would not be happy. I wouldn't.

I am dictating nothing at all.

You are blaming the messengers for telling you your emporer's clothes are a little tattered, that's all. You want to dicatate to the public how we are to treat Mr. Plant, regardless of how we really feel.

Look - I don't care how he wears his fucking hair. I even LIKE his hair.

I was responding to this notion that it's so boooooorrrrrrinnnnngg for him to be mistaken for that guy from 1970's Led Zeppelin, and suggesting a possible fix for that.

The point is, if he wants to change all of this, he CAN. Right now. He's being visited by media on a regular basis, isn't he?

But he doesn't. Wonder why?

I am dictating nothing at all.

You are blaming the messengers for telling you your emporer's clothes are a little tattered, that's all. You want to dicatate to the public how we are to treat Mr. Plant, regardless of how we really feel.

Look - I don't care how he wears his fucking hair. I even LIKE his hair.

I was responding to this notion that it's so boooooorrrrrrinnnnngg for him to be mistaken for that guy from 1970's Led Zeppelin, and suggesting a possible fix for that.

The point is, if he wants to change all of this, he CAN. Right now. He's being visited by media on a regular basis, isn't he?

But he doesn't. Wonder why?

I'm not blaming anyone for anything nor am I dictating how the public should treat Robert yet YOU feel it's perfectly fine to hurl insults at him. Please :rolleyes: If you like his hair, why the heck were you saying he should cut it? Honestly pick a point of view here. I can't even grasp what you're on about mistaking him for the 70s guy. No one's mistaking him for that. I think people can't let go of the fact he isn't that guy and THEY want him to be.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not blaming anyone for anything nor am I dictating how the public should treat Robert yet YOU feel it's perfectly fine to hurl insults at him. Please :rolleyes: If you like his hair, why the heck were you saying he should cut it? Honestly pick a point of view here. I can't even grasp what you're on about mistaking him for the 70s guy. No one's mistaking him for that. I think people can't let go of the fact he isn't that guy and THEY want him to be.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I didn't say he should cut it.

I suggested he should not complain about being mistaken for a Cock Rock Lead Singer AND maintain the trademark of a Cock Rock Lead Singer. Alternatively, he keeps the hair and stops bitching about how it makes people think of him as a Cock Rock Lead Singer.

You know what? If he keeps the hair while also complaining about what it signifies to others, hey, presto, I am entitled to hold an opinion about that.

Not a one of you fine people are answering my main point. If he's sick of the question, he could answer it, or, he could ignore it. No, he has to act like a spoiled three year old, isn't he precious?

No, he's not. People CARE about this. If Plant thinks that's stupid of us, then he is being a dillweed. Really, he is. I don't fuck with the things people care about in that manner, and no, neither does Jimmy Page. Respect, my eye... sorry, but the comparison is right there in front of us.

Speaking of - if he's sick of being compared to Zeppelin, and being asked about Zeppelin, he could stop doing Zeppelin. Problem solved.

Robert Plant himself could stop all this hoo-hah TODAY. And if he doesn't, expect people to respond to him as if he's acting like a dillweed. Because he is.

Edited to add the disrespectful quote that led me to the hair thing:

"I'm just trying to develop taste before it's too late," he said. "I was once the king of cock rock and now I'm saved."

So now Led Zeppelin fans, in addition to being boring, have no taste? And, what's he been saved from? (Obviously not the hair...)

No he isn't . He's just weary to the bone of being asked the same question which he HAS already answered. The answer was, I'll deal with that when the time comes, I'm doing something else right now. (Sorry, just came in for a minute from burning ants. And I have NO idea what the hair thing is all about or what you think he's complaining about there or . . . :huh: )

Should add that he's also tried most of the other answers suggested, and still keeps being asked the question.

OK, back to the ants . . . .

No he isn't . He's just weary to the bone of being asked the same question which he HAS already answered. The answer was, I'll deal with that when the time comes, I'm doing something else right now. (Sorry, just came in for a minute from burning ants. And I have NO idea what the hair thing is all about or what you think he's complaining about there or . . . :huh: )

I just added it to the bottom of my last post, but here's the quote again:

"I'm just trying to develop taste before it's too late," he said. "I was once the king of cock rock and now I'm saved."

No, he has not answered the question, sorry.

When is Zeppelin reforming? Oh, we don't know.

He's gone, gone, gone, done moved on? No, not that either.

But QUIT ASKING ME!

:rolleyes:

My last thought on the topic, because this is boring me as much as I'm sure it's boring everyone else: it's interesting that nobody has even suggested that Jimmy asked him not to say anything on the issue. They haven't suggested that (if it's true or not, I have no idea) because it would spoil the fun of making Robert the bad guy, as opposed to Jimmy the beloved guitar god, OBE, honorary PhD , etc. etc. My point being not that this is really what's going on, but that Robert has been deliberately constructed as the villain of the piece. Pointlessly and unnecessarily and tiresomely, IMO.

And for the record one more time, I love Jimmy.

:wave:

There is something I agree with you, that Jimmy should come out and make something new. If he got new material, a lot of ppl would be happy to hear it.

But there is also another point, that Robert has never asked Jimmy to wait for him. Jimmy can do whatever he want just like Robert. Jimmy is responsible for what he does or not, please don't blame Robert for that.

I'm not exactly blaming him if it sounds that way.

My last thought on the topic, because this is boring me as much as I'm sure it's boring everyone else: it's interesting that nobody has even suggested that Jimmy asked him not to say anything on the issue. They haven't suggested that (if it's true or not, I have no idea) because it would spoil the fun of making Robert the bad guy, as opposed to Jimmy the beloved guitar god, OBE, honorary PhD , etc. etc. My point being not that this is really what's going on, but that Robert has been deliberately constructed as the villain of the piece. Pointlessly and unnecessarily and tiresomely, IMO.

And for the record one more time, I love Jimmy.

:wave:

Why would Jimmy ask Plant not to say anything? This coy crap benefits Plant and Kraus and that band, not Jimmy, John Paul and Jason. Interest in Zeppelin would skyrocket even higher if we all knew they were getting back together. Interest in Plant/Kraus/Burnett would drop off if people knew Plant was coming to town next year with Zeppelin.

And, why does this piece need a villian?

Finally, isn't it true that each member of Zeppelin has to agree to release new Zeppelin? Has Plant renounced his 25% interest in the group?

I just added it to the bottom of my last post, but here's the quote again:

No, he has not answered the question, sorry.

When is Zeppelin reforming? Oh, we don't know.

He's gone, gone, gone, done moved on? No, not that either.

But QUIT ASKING ME!

:rolleyes:

Hello sense of humor, aisle one :rolleyes: Me thinks you need to not read into something that isn't there.

Oh and as far as the whole hair thing, I fail to see how his wearing it long makes him rock god. He's not wearing tight jeans and a shirt totally unbuttoned. Perhaps if he did that, you'd have reason to say he was trying to be something else.

Hello sense of humor, aisle one :rolleyes: Me thinks you need to not read into something that isn't there.

Oh and as far as the whole hair thing, I fail to see how his wearing it long makes him rock god. He's not wearing tight jeans and a shirt totally unbuttoned. Perhaps if he did that, you'd have reason to say he was trying to be something else.

Ummm... he's the one saying he's trying to be something else. I just wish he'd commit to it.

I have no comment on the type of revisionism that would lead someone to say the iconic image of Robert's hair has nothing to do with what people think of when they think "rock gods."

Sense of humor? The man's insulting people. Oh, ha ha, I have such bad taste, I like Led Zeppelin... riotous! LOL! Never fear, though, Robert Plant is here to save me with American roots music... forget that I grew up in America and am old enough to already know which bits of American music I like, and which I don't, so much.

Honestly...

I wish this interview was on U-tube, etc. By the way, was the reporter that asked a question, a lady? If yes, is Robert being rude?

Robert's being Robert! That's his sense of humor! He's tired of being asked about LZ when he's performing with Allison et al. I think it's funny!

This conversation is making me go zzzzzzz though :lol:

But of course, speculation is all that this band of desparados have these days so....I'm along for the ride!

WE, of course, don't know what's going on behind the scenes and the guys aren't going to give any tells...why would they? It's their best publicity...keep em guessing!

i think we should all stop trying to read into robert, and jimmys minds. none of us know what has been said between them at the band meetings. none of us can see into the future.

why not just let nature run its course and all will be revealed.

i really feel we do no good by placing blame, or speculating. unless we have facts ( statements from the band ), we really dont know what their intentions are.

i remain positive ( thats just the way i am ) about jimmy, robert , john paul and jason. i just dont see the point of all these threads that try to read comments. a comment in an interview is not the same as a statement from the band.

and yes, please remember that the guys ( all of them ) do have to face a LOT of media, and that they all have shown over the years that they each have a qurky sense of humour. they have always been vague with their answering of media questions.

we should just let things ride for the moment.

IMO. :D

Archived