What is Robert trying to do?

:beer: and the size of the audience was..... 300 ! but we didn't "dine in hell", thankfully.

I am indebted to one of our fellow members for giving me the news a few weeks ago, and getting me the ticket also.

A small village hall venue, to raise funds for the local community - geat work Fairport, and of course Robert, for being behind it .... in some way .... allegedly. :D

Nice one Zeppy. hail the ticketmaster B)

:beer: and the size of the audience was..... 300 ! but we didn't "dine in hell", thankfully.

I am indebted to one of our fellow members for giving me the news a few weeks ago, and getting me the ticket also.

A small village hall venue, to raise funds for the local community - geat work Fairport, and of course Robert, for being behind it .... in some way .... allegedly. :D

300 people :o That's amazing. So glad you were able to make it!!! I wonder if he'll show up at Cropedy next week as well.

300 people :o That's amazing. So glad you were able to make it!!! I wonder if he'll show up at Cropedy next week as well.

:) might not be out of the question - and Fairport were giving the gig all the usual plugs during the breaks.

EDITED to add : BOM came off so well, it must surely have been very well rehearsed (although we would expect no less from this calibre of musician) - and would you use that kind of performance just once .....?

:beer: cheers - I will admit, I did expect you to be there in the thick of things ......

.......... was that YOU taking the pics (again !?!) :D

Sadly no :( , but if I had known then yes it would have been me taking the pics :D

Sounds like it was a good night B)

I did get to seee Logans band Sons of Albion though on Thursday B)

Sounds like an amazing gig. Any photos? Is there a thread on this appearance?

There's not even a thread on the Fairport site! (Of which I am a proud member.)

I now learn from there that Robert was accompanied on BOE by "his house guest - Jerry Donahue's daughter ," plus there's great hope that he will appear at Cropredy.

Apparently a lot of people thought it (the Fairport appearance) was a hoax, and didn't go. Sold out anyway, though, apparently. Loved how low-key it sounded, what with the local conjurer and all! :)

Did you know Robert would be appearing in advance, Zeppy, or was it a surprise?

Apparently a lot of people thought it (the Fairport appearance) was a hoax, and didn't go. Sold out anyway, though, apparently. Loved how low-key it sounded, what with the local conjurer and all! :)

Did you know Robert would be appearing in advance, Zeppy, or was it a surprise?

I must admit, I was told a few weeks in advance, but I was asked not to mention it so I didn't.

As you can imagine, if new broke that Robert was appearing somewhere, there would naturally have been massive interest, even worldwide interest - and it's no exaggeration to say that a small village might have been submerged.

I must admit, I was told a few weeks in advance, but I was asked not to mention it so I didn't.

As you can imagine, if new broke that Robert was appearing somewhere, there would naturally have been massive interest, even worldwide interest - and it's no exaggeration to say that a small village might have been submerged.

Quite true. Will you be seeing them at Cropedy?

Quite true. Will you be seeing them at Cropedy?

I probably won't be able to make that one - but if anyone else is considering it, especially if they are local, well it's a must see.

I have never seen a better band of this type than FC - brilliant musicians all, and if Robert dropped by for a repeat, well that would be the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake. :thumbsup:

I probably won't be able to make that one - but if anyone else is considering it, especially if they are local, well it's a must see.

I have never seen a better band of this type than FC - brilliant musicians all, and if Robert dropped by for a repeat, well that would be the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake. :thumbsup:

If I lived there, I would go in a heartbeat *sighs ruefully*. I've been a huge fan of FC and equally so of Richard Thompson on his own for years. Amazing group and even better to have such a caliber of guest join them :D

:thumbsup: Way to go Zeppy!! Nice to know he's a good ol country boy out and about in HIS neck of the woods. Lucky!! :)

mmmm, yeah what a cherry! :shifty:

:hippy:

What guest appearance was that, then, O lucky one?

Never mind--just read t'other thread. What a great night! :D

Very stupid of me.. but... can you please mention where this "other" thread is that you read?..... :mellow:

There are LZ fans out there that have listened to LZ for 30+ years and that is still just about all that they listen too. Nothing else has even come close to them. Because each album was so different they never get tired, just switch to another LZ album. They may like Robert personally but have never gotten into any of his solo work except for a couple of songs. And to me, those do not even qualify when compared to LZ. I know, because I am one of these fans. Robert can do what ever he wants, that's fine with me. If he never tours with LZ again, no big deal. I do wonder though, what he thinks about a fan like myself that truly only likes his work with LZ.

The really frustrating thing is that all anyone ever seems to talk down about is Robert's solo work. Not Page's. Not Jones'. Robert Robert Robert. Thread after thread after thread. Why's he doing this? Why won't he do that? It's like if some people couldn't voice their dissent regarding his career path they'd have nothing to say at all. It's not like he's the only one who's worked in the last 28 years.

Are there any non-Why Robert and Alison/Why-no-Zeppelin-tour/album topics on this forum anymore?

Are there any non-Why Robert and Alison/Why-no-Zeppelin-tour/album topics on this forum anymore?

There may be one or two. But if you do find them, I'm sure it will just turn into a " Why Robert and Alison/Why-no-Zeppelin-tour/album topic" eventually.

Archived