Eddie Vedders vocals....

Medhb

Ya know, I'm just working away listening to Pearl Jam and I'm thinking....hmmmmm, I would LOVE to hear Eddie collaberating with the J's. Too many reasons it would never happen but I think Eddie would be really, really good to work with on new material....can you envision his vocals with the J's?

Or is it just me? :D

Who's the J's - Jimmy, John Paul, and Jason?

Is Eddie the guy who sounds like he's gurgling up battery acid?

I still vote Mickey Dolenz...

Uh...yes, the J's..you got it right.

Dunno Jimmie Ray :( but if yer wonderin you can check Eddie out here:

Great Front Man!!

The thing I love about Eddies vocals is that it is passion and emotion ripped open and laid bare, he is so raw and real. He never phones it in....

He's also a good lyricist..... :)

Eddie V. is a great singer -- wonderful tone + superior feeling/emotive quality. It always used to offend the hell out of me when that monotone singer from Hootie & the Blowfish was compared to him.

Eddie V. is a great singer -- wonderful tone + superior feeling/emotive quality. It always used to offend the hell out of me when that monotone singer from Hootie & the Blowfish was compared to him.

He'd never leave PJ - it's his band but just imagine...that emotive quality and the uniqueness in a jam session with the J's. They could REALLY come out with some awesome new music!

he gets so emotional when he sings 'black'. i enjoy listening to him sing.

Exactly! He is soooo into every performance! His soul is just laid open when he's performing....love him!

I've always liked Eddie. The problem is that everybody tried to imitate his singing ad nauseum in the 90's (and even still today). It kind of ruined deep voices for me for awhile. :(

Evidentally, this is more of a beauty contest. Voice only counts for 1/3 the vote. And you can't beat Eddie in a two piece...

Ahhhh....feeling outnumbered on Venus? :) C'mon Jimmie! OK, you don't have to like Eddies voice but I personally think he can be compared to Plant in that he can evoke such emotion from his listeners...he does have a unique sound....IMHO of course!

Ahhhh....feeling outnumbered on Venus? :) C'mon Jimmie! OK, you don't have to like Eddies voice but I personally think he can be compared to Plant in that he can evoke such emotion from his listeners...he does have a unique sound....IMHO of course!

Definitely outnumbered - but it was fun, anyway! Just odd to pick a guy who's voice is so different, and already in a successful band. Are you trying to break them up?

Definitely outnumbered - but it was fun, anyway! Just odd to pick a guy who's voice is so different, and already in a successful band. Are you trying to break them up?

All in good fun Sweetie! Ahhh, but that's the beauty of it! No Robert comparisons, a great lyricist, a voice that evokes great emotion, I think it would be a great combo! But of course, it would never happen and I love him with Pearl Jam...I'd never want to see them break up. Also, I think there would be a personality clash there :)

Pearl Jam are one of the few bands i have loved since the 90's began. Great rock n roll! Eddie Vedder is adorable and i have always dug him. Eddie has a great voice and exudes passion in every thing he does. IF Jimmy was to recruit him for a project i think it would be awesome. My only demand is they don't call themselves Led Zeppelin.

edddievedder1.jpg

Eddie with my idol...i love rock n roll humanitarians!

bono181106_wideweb__470x294,0.jpg

It could work.....I don't listen to Eddie much since I'm not a fan of PJ, but there are some similarities in Roberts, and Ed's delivery. Not sure Ed has enough range to make us forget about Percy though.

Why do you have to forget about Robert? It wouldn't be about recreating Led Zeppelin or adding a new singer to replace another legendary one (like Queen did with Paul Rodgers, ugh). Medhb clearly said "new". I will say Eddie Vedder's voice is quite deep and i don't think he has great range. But he sings well and sounds great doing the songs he does. He is also a wonderful songwriter, so with his lyrics and Jimmy's music, could be awesome! They might even make a great songwriting team. So who's gonna sell this idea to Jimmy?

Well I was a big Pearl Jam fan back in the day. Saw them a couple times in London on their early tours in the early 90s. I have to say I kind of lost touch with them after the 3rd album but thanks for the clip. Black was always one of my favourite songs of theirs.

By the way, hasn't Vedder mostly talked about The Who as his major influence and heroes? I always thought it was the other guys in Pearl Jam who were more influenced by Zeppelin.

Archived