y'know you're a zep-freak when....

~Your first dance at your wedding was "Thank You."

~Your first child was conceived after a Zoso concert (cover bands are the best you can do when you yourself weren't even born the last time Zeppelin played in the States).

~You'd be willing and eager to use the money you've been saving for a down payment on a house to buy tickets to a reunion show.

oh yeah! with out a second thought

You're watching Anthony Bourdain on "No Reservations" and when he asks a fan the probing question"Beatles or Stones?" you immediately say "Zeppelin" out loud.

:)

I do that with those stupid emails you get, ya know the one "Get to know eachother better" and you answer mundane questions like: "what is your favorite color, dream vacation, etc." I got one that asked the same question above "Beatles or Stones?" I respond "uh Zeppelin.....duh!"

[...]

And then, of course, the most recurring one in the last few weeks.

Having a new client at work whose name is Jimmy but it is not you who takes care and talks to him about his upcoming shipments/freights. So you say to your mate: " Don't worry about him, he is such a pain in the neck. You take care of my client and I will handle yours."

And all this just because you only want to say his name as many times in a day as possible when you call him :wub: : "You know, Jimmy, your shipment has been shortlanded in Kuala Lumpur, but Jimmy don't you worry we are taking care of it. I will keep you posted by e mail as soon as it lands in SYD, actually Jimmy better if I call you..."

If this is not crazy....

:lol: The poor guy is probably wondering why you repeat his name at the beginning of everything you say to him. :lol: That reminds me of an article I read about a high school swim team here in the U.S. There was a swim meet and the guy announcing the swimmers through the mic called each one by his surname except for one kid whose full name he used each time. The boy's name was "Jimmy Page." I think the announcer used the full name just to get the crowd stirred up. :lol:

:lol: The poor guy is probably wondering why you repeat his name at the beginning of everything you say to him. :lol: That reminds me of an article I read about a high school swim team here in the U.S. There was a swim meet and the guy announcing the swimmers through the mic called each one by his surname except for one kid whose full name he used each time. The boy's name was "Jimmy Page." I think the announcer used the full name just to get the crowd stirred up. :lol:

:hysterical:

Good for the crowd the announcer was a guy...can you imagine if it were one of us female fanatics...

<best breathy voice> "And it's Jiiiiiimmy Page out in front, wow! Look at that stroke! Jiiiiiimmy Page fast and furious! And it's Jiiiiiimy Page all the way!" :blink:

My worst has got to be getting off three train stops after mine coming home from work. While listening to D&C on your ipod and being so absorbed into it , all of a sudden you start to realize that it is taking too long to get home. :blink: Then you watch out of the train window and realize that you don't remember that brick bulding to be there, and what's up with all these trees and gardens!!!! and that big park??? :blink: Finally you see the stop sign and you just go S..T!

Then there is also the time when you forget a paper bag with inside your cds of the Zep's first four albums on the train (always happening on the trains... :rolleyes:). And you find out that you are missing them only a couple of days later when you search for the cds to play. S..T again!

You literally start to cry like a child and curse the day you decided to take the cds to work. :rant:

So you go and put a claim with the lost property office but you think: "No way they are going to find my cds and return them back to the lost property." So, you buy them again rightaway to find out that a couple of days later the lost property office rings at work and informs you that they found your bag, and yes with all the Zep cds inside!! So you cry again for being so happy, but hey now you have cd doubles! S..T again! :rolleyes:

And then, of course, the most recurring one in the last few weeks.

Having a new client at work whose name is Jimmy but it is not you who takes care and talks to him about his upcoming shipments/freights. So you say to your mate: " Don't worry about him, he is such a pain in the neck. You take care of my client and I will handle yours."

And all this just because you only want to say his name as many times in a day as possible when you call him :wub: : "You know, Jimmy, your shipment has been shortlanded in Kuala Lumpur, but Jimmy don't you worry we are taking care of it. I will keep you posted by e mail as soon as it lands in SYD, actually Jimmy better if I call you..."

If this is not crazy....

Oh my goodness AMAZONIC-these are all so great! And I myself don't see anything at all crazy about it (would definitely do myself)!! :lol: My favorite has got to be the one about the client at work, gotta love that!! I have a good friend at work who's name is Jimmy and he of course knows all about my Pagey obsession. I have been calling him Jimmy (instead of just Jim) ever since the end of last year (and because we have been friends for almost 18 years, he just smiles and knows exactly why I am doing it :blush::bagoverhead:)

Definitely would have gotten my attention if I were there!! :):lol:

:hysterical:

Good for the crowd the announcer was a guy...can you imagine if it were one of us female fanatics...

<best breathy voice> "And it's Jiiiiiimmy Page out in front, wow! Look at that stroke! Jiiiiiimmy Page fast and furious! And it's Jiiiiiimy Page all the way!" :blink:

:lol: I can actually envision you doing that. ;) I can also imagine the reaction of the crowd to it. :hysterical:

Definitely would have gotten my attention if I were there!! :):lol:

Heh, I would probably sit there giggling like a school girl. :lol:

You know there isn't a new album out but you still check the Zeppelin cd/dvd selection in every music store you go to to see if there is any new treausres you can find.

I do this all the time with my three favorite bands.. after you make sure there is nothing new you also have to put all the discs in chronological order... the employees always look at me funny..

I do this all the time with my three favorite bands.. after you make sure there is nothing new you also have to put all the discs in chronological order... the employees always look at me funny..

lol, yes. and i always make sure no LEZ zeppelin cds are mixed in.........

:lol: The poor guy is probably wondering why you repeat his name at the beginning of everything you say to him. :lol:

:lol: tell me about it, MSG. He already thinks I am crazy... :bagoverhead: but I get away with it because he keeps me telling me that I have a really nice accent.... ;)

:lol: tell me about it, MSG. He already thinks I am crazy... :bagoverhead: but I get away with it because he keeps me telling me that I have a really nice accent.... ;)

:lol: When it comes to Zep-related antics, I've found that having a nice accent or being pretty or looking cute has usually allowed us to get away with more. ;)

Oh my goodness AMAZONIC-these are all so great! And I myself don't see anything at all crazy about it (would definitely do myself)!! :lol: My favorite has got to be the one about the client at work, gotta love that!! I have a good friend at work who's name is Jimmy and he of course knows all about my Pagey obsession. I have been calling him Jimmy (instead of just Jim) ever since the end of last year (and because we have been friends for almost 18 years, he just smiles and knows exactly why I am doing it :blush::bagoverhead:)

:lol::lol: ILJP! I am not the only one, then ;)

The problem is that I am slowly getting a crush on Jimmy (the client) as he sounds so nice. The guy has also a really softspoken voice and to make things even worse he keeps telling me that I have a cute European accent! :blush: .... :lol:

If I find out that he slightly looks like Pagey, well he 's mine! :lol::lol:

The problem is that I am slowly getting a crush on Jimmy (the client) as he sounds so nice. The guy has also a really softspoken voice and to make things even worse he keeps telling me that I have a cute European accent! :blush: .... :lol:

Calling SPATS!!! They met on the PHONE!!! :D

Oh Sheesh!! I'm working from home and on a conference call and of course surfing while on the phone and I hit a site that started blasting Heartbreaker...everyone on the call was like..."Um...is that you?" I made the hasty excuse..."Uh, my alarm clock just went off! Don't ask me why!?" LOL!!!

Oh Sheesh!! I'm working from home and on a conference call and of course surfing while on the phone and I hit a site that started blasting Heartbreaker...everyone on the call was like..."Um...is that you?" I made the hasty excuse..."Uh, my alarm clock just went off! Don't ask me why!?" LOL!!!

a likely story.........

...when you know exactly what "THE BULGE" is

...you get over-exited when you discover Houses of the Holy in your dad's Old Vinyl collection, though you know it by heart already.

...you get even more exited when your dad tells you that he owns a LP with Page, Beck and Clapton playing on it together and after a minuit get angry because he doesn't know where it is!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Happened to me today...

...you get even more exited when your dad tells you that he owns a LP with Page, Beck and Clapton playing on it together and after a minuit get angry because he doesn't know where it is!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Happened to me today...

haha i can relate.

my dad told me just two days ago that he sold his Trout Mask Replica record back in 1996

i was like 'Dad.. whyyy?"

haha i can relate.

my dad told me just two days ago that he sold his Trout Mask Replica record back in 1996

i was like 'Dad.. whyyy?"

:lol: our beloved parents...my dad doesn't get why I like vinyl, he can't understand my "old-fashioned" taste.

Oh, that's another point: everone thinks you're old fashioned, but you know you're most stylish!

That is way too funny!! Hey AMAZONIC, if he happens to look like Pagey, ask him if he has a brother :lol:

Archived