Star Trek

The next movie is due out in 2011.

I was hoping for a 2010 release.

Will be picking up the DVD Tuesday.

What are the extras on the 2nd disc ? ?

There's added scenes like the ones that are talked about where Nero escapes from the Klingon's and a few others I'm sure. I'm sure there's making of stuff also. There's not even a date for the next movie. If it's out by 2011 they probably need to start filming real soon as in the next few months. Last I heard they haven't really writtin anything for it so my guess is 2012 for the next movie.

The next movie is due out in 2011.

I was hoping for a 2010 release.

Will be picking up the DVD Tuesday.

What are the extras on the 2nd disc ? ?

The extra disc is 3 to 4 hours of the actors, characters, filming locations in CA, the makeup and alien faces, the special effects (that was real interesting) especially on how they filmed the actors when they jumped out of the ship and free fell to the drill platform, the other people involved in making the film and a virtual tour of the Enterprise. We actually watched that on Friday night and then watched the movie on Saturday with a new prospective on it. There is an "easter egg" of R2D2 in the film when the Enterprise comes out of warp and collides with the Narada and you will be looking over Kirks shoulder thru the view screen. Can't blink or you will miss it. It was a nod to George Lucus whose special effects company worked on the film. It's at 47.40.

There's added scenes like the ones that are talked about where Nero escapes from the Klingon's and a few others I'm sure. I'm sure there's making of stuff also. There's not even a date for the next movie. If it's out by 2011 they probably need to start filming real soon as in the next few months. Last I heard they haven't really writtin anything for it so my guess is 2012 for the next movie.

They are doing writing now and figureing out what villan to use. Rumors of bringing back Khan. Shooting may start mid 2011 with a release of summer 2012 is what my daughter tells me. She keeps up on that stuff as she is a Chris Pine nut. He is committed to 3 other projects right now

Edited by ledzepfvr

I remember seeing an interview with William Shatner about how there was very little money to go around in the original show's. Some day's they couldn't pay the writer's so they would have to wing-it as they where shooting!

If they have not started writing for the next movie and they need to start shooting now.......then they are right on schedule!!! ha ha ha Ha :D

Edited by BonzoLikeDrumer

I bought Star Trek on Blu-Ray today and it was totally worth the purchase. The bonus content has a lot of featuretes about how the movie was made, hilarious bloopers, deleted/extended scenes, which were good to watch as the movie (guess they took 'em out for time) and a ship navigation feature exclusively on Blu-Ray. You can freely explore the bridge and halls of the Enterprise.

As for the movie itself; Not only do I think this is the best Star Trek movie (with all due respect to Wrath of Khan), but it's one of the best Sci-Fi movies out there along with Star Wars, Blade Runner and Alien. The visual effects, the gripping chemistry of the crew, the enticing plot made it as great as Star Trek once was back in the '60s. With the crisp picture, astounding colours and it's booming audio of Blu-Ray, it really made this breathtaking experience as good as when I saw it on the big screen last May.

I bought Star Trek on Blu-Ray today and it was totally worth the purchase. The bonus content has a lot of featuretes about how the movie was made, hilarious bloopers, deleted/extended scenes, which were good to watch as the movie (guess they took 'em out for time) and a ship navigation feature exclusively on Blu-Ray. You can freely explore the bridge and halls of the Enterprise.

As for the movie itself; Not only do I think this is the best Star Trek movie (with all due respect to Wrath of Khan), but it's one of the best Sci-Fi movies out there along with Star Wars, Blade Runner and Alien. The visual effects, the gripping chemistry of the crew, the enticing plot made it as great as Star Trek once was back in the '60s. With the crisp picture, astounding colours and it's booming audio of Blu-Ray, it really made this breathtaking experience as good as when I saw it on the big screen last May.

It was awsome. I found the bonus disc so interesting and informative on how they did alot of the scenes in the movie.

Did you find R2D2 in the movie?

I guess I'll be getting the 2-disc set with the extras.... I will try and do this tomorrow.

I was blown away by the film. The overall vibe is great.

As long as they don't go "Star Wars" and load up with droids and robots for the sequel, I'll be fine ....

They are doing writing now and figureing out what villan to use. Rumors of bringing back Khan. Shooting may start mid 2011 with a release of summer 2012 is what my daughter tells me. She keeps up on that stuff as she is a Chris Pine nut. He is committed to 3 other projects right now

The next movie won't likely have Khan. That's what the commentary on the film said. But this was also just weeks after the film was released so it's still too soon to tell. I seriously doubt they do a Khan flick in the next one. Probably a Klingon movie or some other alien.

I grew up watching it too.

Favorite episode : The Arena ( aka The Gorn )

I remember that one. Looking back on it the Gorn seems a little hoaky now but at the time it was well...the alien. The rock formations used in the outdoor battle scenes are here in the high desert area of So Cal and are the same ones used in the new movie for the Vulcan home world. They are computer enhanced to make the world look a little different but I've driven by those rocks many times.

I'd say "A piece of the action" or "The Doomsday machine" are my favorite's. But, I did get a major tingly down my spine from seeing the hot chick's in "Shore Leave" from the first rerun's I watched in the 1970's as a kid! I was only about 4 years old when the show first came out! :)

http://video.aol.com/show/star-trek

• 4 weeks later...

Balance of Terror has to be my favorite episode. Enterprise vs Romulans episode. The good old days when the Romulans were actually a good enemy.

The commander of the Romulan ship was later cast as Spock's father, Sarek.

sar&amda.jpg

And his mother was Jane Wyman, Ronald Reagan's first wife! :lol:

The only character that comes to mind with a chest like that was Seven of Nine on Voyager.

But my daughter tells me she has seen that pic before and it was a fan at a ST convention who made the corset.

Edited by ledzepfvr

• 5 weeks later...

Generally fake boobs are augmented in a way to defy gravity. They're perky. These boobs above would sag to her knees once let out of their restraints. Look how elongated they are. If she were on top, any swaying back and forth might beat you to death. On the other hand, on her back they might flop to the side. :huh:

Generally fake boobs are augmented in a way to defy gravity. They're perky. These boobs above would sag to her knees once let out of their restraints. Look how elongated they are. If she were on top, any swaying back and forth might beat you to death. On the other hand, on her back they might flop to the side. :huh:

Ever seen a chick with large fake tit's swimming under water? You can see the implant bag's rippling in the water under the skin. Looks unnatural and weird!

Edited by BonzoLikeDrumer

Ever seen a chick with large fake tit's swimming under water? You can see the implant bag's rippling in the water under the skin. Looks unnatural and weird!

Because they are and it is! Anything more than a mouthful's a waste!

I like how you guys have turned this thread into a discussion about the quality and comparison of womens fake vs. natural boobs. :lol:

Here is some valid news.

UPDATE: Paramount has confirmed that the projected release date for the "Star Trek" sequel is indeed June 29, 2012.

Seems like a long time to wait, so I will have to show some patience.

Edited by ledzepfvr

Consider it similar to all the girls who turn Robert Plant singing  topics into those about his crotch.   ;)

Girls will be girls, boys will be boys!

Oh and since the next Trek project isn't for another couple of years, we've got to talk about SOMETHING! :lol:

Edited by LarryD