1. 1. Concerts/Gigs

• MSG '73
    • Royal Albert Hall
    • Earl's Court
    • Long Beach Arena
    • LA Forum
    • O2
    • Other

Believe it or not.... I actually enjoy watching some live concerts over listneing to some other live concerts.

And, believe it or not, I actually enjoy listening to some live concerts, over wathcing some other live concerts.

And those concerts are not the same.

So I guess I would need to break down the 'favorite live concert' to:

Favorite Live Concert to listen to

Favorite Live Concert to watch

I haven't made up my mind yet.... so no answers yet..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't heard that many concerts yet, but of the ones I've heard, I really enjoyed 6/23/77 in LA. I think they sounded fantastic, and Robert's voice sounded better then than it did in `73 or `75. And I loved the set list. But if I had to choose which was my favorite concert to watch, I would have to choose Earl's Court.

I also cant decide between MSG and Earls Court. SRTS TOTALLY ROCKS !! Besides I have very fond memories of going to see it when it first came out in the theaters. Earls Court probably has the best version of IMTOD on it. I absolutely love it. I also love the way they all came up front and did the acoustic session. Let's face it I really love it all. But as a choice, Im going to say MSG.

!!

I love the others, but I have a special feeling for MSG. I love SRTS. My aunt was in the audience and Jimmy looked so so beautiful.

Agreed totally.

MSG' 77...

being from Canada and holding a foreign passport (No Canadian Citizenship yet and I had never been to U.S. before either), I noticed lots of students were going to concerts to U.S. but my parents were in a difficult position to travel to U.S. at that time..This was the only opportunity for me to see ZEP, but at such a delicate time......... :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I voted MSG for the setlist. RAH would have gotten if it came down strictly to performance. If Knebworth were an option it would have beat both due to setlist & performance as a whole.

Do you own both complete KNEBWORTH shows on DVD? ROCK ON FOREVER my friend?

• 4 weeks later...

For me, it's hard to choose between RAH and MSG '73.

RAH was so hard, freash, heavey and exciting, and I prefer some of their earlier songs, and just feel that overall they were tighter as a group.

But there are some wonderful performances in MSG, SIBLY, STH, The Rain Song, are the performed songs that really stoody out to me, and can never watch those moments too much on Utube.

But I'm going to go with RAH.

• 1 month later...

For me, it's hard to choose between RAH and MSG '73.

RAH was so hard, freash, heavey and exciting, and I prefer some of their earlier songs, and just feel that overall they were tighter as a group.

But there are some wonderful performances in MSG, SIBLY, STH, The Rain Song, are the performed songs that really stoody out to me, and can never watch those moments too much on Utube.

But I'm going to go with RAH.

yea the setlist is too different and you cant really decide. RAH they were "fresh" but MSG is just unbelieveable

Berlin, Hamburg, or Essen in March 73.

As I have stressed many times before, my favorite as well as the best concert that I have ever seen up to this very day is LED ZEPPELIN, THE FORUM, 23 JUNE 1977. ROCK ON!

I wonder how many here truly understand the pertinence of you answering this post this way?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

Earls Court for me mainly because I was there (17th & 24th) 24th was the better of the two and I particularly liked the set list from 73 and 75 (well anything that starts with Rock and Roll, just gets the adrenaline going).

Andy

Archived