O2 DVD

Hi all,

at the rate things get done involving that band, my best guess is about 5 years.... :D

find a bootleg somewhere to "hold you over until then"..... B)

I think we have,...........................BINGO! :lol:

It will come out.But to quote Mr. Petty; "The waiting is the hardest part."

KB(anybody got Jimmy's cell phone #?)

Hi all,bigzepfan,

Maybe now, after another plant statement that zep will not continue, jimmy will do the dvd.

Good Lord! :rolleyes: I understand that those who,after 02 want to see LZ stomp again.

This is real estate payed twice.

However,Jimmy in a business relation with RP,JPJ and the family of John Bonham,will never do a DVD without their input.

It will come out,.....

KB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They did. They had a meeting after the O2, and decided not to put out a DVD, despite having filmed the thing. We all got ticked off because we'd been hoping for and expecting one. Sixteen months later, no sign or word of an official DVD, indicating continued reluctance (unfortunately). Did you miss all that? ;)

They did. They had a meeting after the O2, and decided not to put out a DVD, despite having filmed the thing. We all got ticked off because we'd been hoping for and expecting one. Sixteen months later, no sign or word of an official DVD, indicating continued reluctance (unfortunately). Did you miss all that? ;)

16 months later ...... and yep still waiting.............. and waiting........... and waiting............... and waiting...................

Sorry to beat the proverbial dead horse, but since I only joined the boards this year, I am not sure why they made the decision NOT to release the DVD?? Any insights as to why?

Thank you so much!! :)

Sharon

Sorry to beat the proverbial dead horse, but since I only joined the boards this year, I am not sure why they made the decision NOT to release the DVD?? Any insights as to why?

Thank you so much!! :)

Sharon

That's the million-dollar question. All sorts of theories, from the quality of the recording to Jimmy not liking the way he looked, but no official explanation.

Jimmy said that it would be a big project to undertake. I just think he wants to get it right, and is taking his time. It WAS filmed with 48 HD cameras and several audio tracks. It's not easy.

Thank you, and thanks to Aquamarine, for your answers to my question!! :)

Sharon

Also, could you give me a source that says there was a meeting? Neve knew there was one.

Also, could you give me a source that says there was a meeting? Neve knew there was one.

To repeat what I said before, try going back into the earlier threads of this section. The band have regular business meetings to discuss such matters, and one was shortly after the O2--Jimmy doesn't make statements about the DVD (such as the one quoted at the beginning of the old thread I posted above) on his own behalf but after consultation with the rest of the band. He's not the only one who gets to make these decisions, after all. This whole issue was discussed several times, back there somewhere. :D

• 2 months later...

If I may bump a kinda old thread...

Personally:

I'd love the option of being able to watch the whole show from specific cameras... a Jimmy cam, a Jason cam, a John Paul cam, a Robert cam... also maybe 4, 5, or 6 other cams from different angles.

Also, complete rehearsal footage would be awesome. Maybe some interviews with the boys and some fans... maybe some extra footage chosen specifically by Page, Plant, Jones, and Bonham... and... take a leaf out of Pink Floyd's book and give us a "booting the botleggers" section with videos and clips of songs from fan-shot videos (including Third Eye).

That's what I'd like to see...

If and when this is released I'm sure Jimmy will go all out with it as he usually does. Never does it half-assed. It's always feast or famine. I'm sure it will be quite nice if it does happen with a lot of nice extras. Not predicting when this will happen...if it does.

Personally:

I'd love the option of being able to watch the whole show from specific cameras... a Jimmy cam, a Jason cam, a John Paul cam, a Robert cam... also maybe 4, 5, or 6 other cams from different angles.

I can't remember what it was but I saw a concert film and if you pressed "angle" on the remote, you could change camera angles.

I can't remember what it was but I saw a concert film and if you pressed "angle" on the remote, you could change camera angles.

Rush in Rio has that option on some songs, as does King Crimson's Deja Vroom. :beer:

Personally:

Also, complete rehearsal footage would be awesome. Maybe some interviews with the boys and some fans... maybe some extra footage chosen specifically by Page, Plant, Jones, and Bonham... and... take a leaf out of Pink Floyd's book and give us a "booting the botleggers" section with videos and clips of songs from fan-shot videos (including Third Eye).

The Knebworth section of the dvd uses some fan shot footage, also in one of the menus there is a clip from Birmimgham (I think?) from '77 with the Listen To This Eddie version of TSRTS played instead of the original sound for that video.

Archived