Did people go to the 02 for...

It seems to me that people went to the 02 concert for Zeppelin only. Cause I know other bands played and were so happy to think about the massive crowd, but did they only come to see Zeppelin maybe for the last time?

It seems to me that people went to the 02 concert for Zeppelin only. Cause I know other bands played and were so happy to think about the massive crowd, but did they only come to see Zeppelin maybe for the last time?

Hi LedZep1969,

Of course all of the fans came to see ZEPPELIN only! Why do you think that a million people had to be turned away and had to win tickets by lottery? Why do you think that the concert was rescheduled for 10 December 2007? I'm willing to bet you that all of the fans that were packed in the 02 Arena in London, England on 10 December 2007 were ZEPPELIN fans. In my opinion, I would not like to think of ZEPPELIN'S performance at the 02 Arena as the last, but rather a new beginning. ROCK ON!

Hi LedZep1969,

Of course all of the fans came to see ZEPPELIN only! Why do you think that a million people had to be turned away and had to win tickets by lottery? Why do you think that the concert was rescheduled for 10 December 2007? I'm willing to bet you that all of the fans that were packed in the 02 Arena in London, England on 10 December 2007 were ZEPPELIN fans. In my opinion, I would not like to think of ZEPPELIN'S performance at the 02 Arena as the last, but rather a new beginning. ROCK ON!

There was a thread just after the gig, but there were several hundred 'corporate's' who didn't even know who Led Zeppelin were. You could tell who they were, they turned up in suites with their girlfriends/wife's in posh frocks. I don't know how Harvey two-face could turn around complaining about touts when he'd given 10% of the tickets away to corporate guests.

Everyone I around me was there for Zep. The only reason to watch the other bands was to get in early so that you could get near the front. In fact the arena didn't fill up until Zep came on.

There was a thread just after the gig, but there were several hundred 'corporate's' who didn't even know who Led Zeppelin were. You could tell who they were, they turned up in suites with their girlfriends/wife's in posh frocks. I don't know how Harvey two-face could turn around complaining about touts when he'd given 10% of the tickets away to corporate guests.

Everyone I around me was there for Zep. The only reason to watch the other bands was to get in early so that you could get near the front. In fact the arena didn't fill up until Zep came on.

Well said Paul Hudson! ROCK ON!

And then they all stood in front of me. :angry:

I don't think many of the regular fans had spent a fortune, crossed oceans, etc., to see the Rhythm Kings, but I could be wrong. (And a damn fine job they did, too! :D )

I flew from Las Vegas to London for one reason only. I came to see the greatest rock act on earth take the stage, and show why they were and 27 years later are still the best rock act in history! So yes I went there too see Led Zeppelin only the other acts were a bonus.

I flew from Las Vegas to London for one reason only. I came to see the greatest rock act on earth take the stage, and show why they were and 27 years later are still the best rock act in history! So yes I went there too see Led Zeppelin only the other acts were a bonus.

THANK YOU "allbettsareoff!" By the way, how's it going up in Vegas? I'm heading over there in early September. ROCK ON!

Well said. The only reason I flew from eastern Canada to London was for LZ. I would venture a guess that all the floor and all the level 400 went only for LZ too. As for the level 100 seats and corporate boxes, they were a mix of fans and family/buisness/celebs.

I was one of the first few hundreds to get in the doors and went straight to my seat and soaked in the moment until LZ came on. I took pics from the first second I was there and the O2 looked nearly empty in the begining. Most of the level 400 seats were filled when the first opening act came on, as well as hugh portion of the floor (mainly the front section). I mention to my wife "the true fans and music lovers are the ones watching from the begining" (no offence to those in level 100, as there were people in these seats from the begining as well... and no offence to those fans stuck waiting in vending/washroom lines).

Level 100 seats weren't filled until just before LZ came on.

Seriously--other than those seeking personal publicity, and even many of those were Zeppelin fans, NOBODY was there for any other band! Why would they be? Especially as nearly all the other bands could be seen anytime for a fraction of the price and only did one or two songs each!!

Honestly, what do you think? As great as those other bands are, people weren't spending thousands and thousands of dollars to go see them. If you tell me I have front-row seats and backstage passes to see Bruce Springsteen and then tell me Miley Cyrus is the opening act, who do you think I'd be more excited to see?

Led Zeppelin WAS the reason for the concert, so naturally that's who everyone wanted to see.

Actually my daughter was more interested in Paolo Nutini than Zeppelin before the show.

Afterwards, she was far more excited by the Zeppelin performance.

Paolo :wub: I would have enjoyed seeing him too, though I think on his own where I'd not be anxiously waiting for the headliner in the case of the 02 concert.

Actually my daughter was more interested in Paolo Nutini than Zeppelin before the show.

Afterwards, she was far more excited by the Zeppelin performance.

Funnily enough, I got my ticket because my ticket partner's daughter wanted to go with him to see Paolo, and he told her she couldn't as it would be a waste of money since she could see him the next week for 15 quid, and he didn't think she would appreciate Zeppelin! So I became the beneficiary of his daughter's limited musical taste (though I too love Paolo :D ).

Me too! One of the happiest moments ever. :cheer:

Nearly as good as the Rhythm Kings. ;)

Well, that's what you say. :P Really, they were good!

But I confess I have taken that flight to London only for LZ, sorry. :rolleyes:

Archived