Did people go to the 02 for...

I only went cos Ronnie Wood was due to play. And I have a t shirt with his name on it to prove he was due. I had to sit through Led Zeppelin to try to get my monies worth. :whistling:

Strictly speaking, he's still due, because they never announced he had cancelled. Perhaps if you sit outside long enough, you'll finally get to see him? Remember to wear your shirt!

I only went cos Ronnie Wood was due to play. And I have a t shirt with his name on it to prove he was due. I had to sit through Led Zeppelin to try to get my monies worth. :whistling:

I heard that Ronnie Wood is back in rehab.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill Wyman's band was really good. The anticipation/tension/general mania of waiting for Led Zep to come on was pretty intense, but you'd never know it from the Rhythm Kings, who obviously love the music they play and were just havin' a blast.

Knebby, Paolo only played one song, right? Was your daughter disappointed?

[i was late so I missed 'im; stayed too long admiring the Christmas lights on Regent St.]

foreigner is awesome ROCK ON!

No they're not. At least that's my opinion. Still, they have some good songs like Juke Box Hero. I wish they played that instead of I Want to Know What Love Is, which really felt out of place.

It seems to me that people went to the 02 concert for Zeppelin only. Cause I know other bands played and were so happy to think about the massive crowd, but did they only come to see Zeppelin maybe for the last time?

Is the Pope Catholic ?? I think everyone was there for Zeppelin, I mean while such greats as Chris Squire (yes) Keith Emerson(ELP), Paul Rogers, Maggie bell etc came on and played the arena was half full untill Zeppelin came on. Give old Rogers his due though he did get the crowd going a bit with Alright Now.

I thought he was great! And I was excited to see Maggie Bell (hell, I was just excited), and it's true that the Rhythm Kings did do a good job. Paolo's one song was great! But there was only one reason for all those people being there, on stage and out front . . .

Maggie Bell?! Don't hate me, but I thought she died in the 70's. Wasn't she electrocuted while on stage, performing in a rainstorm?

No, she was there, very much alive, I'm happy to say. :D Perhaps you're thinking of her boyfriend, Les Harvey, who was electrocuted, though I don't know about the rainstorm detail. This was back in the Stone the Crows days.

Well, I'm glad to hear she's well. Did you ever read the infamous "Hammer of the Gods" book? Obviously, I've got it muddled but I thought there was a story in there about a female singer - a protege of Peter Grant's - being electrocuted whilst onstage. Mr. Grant was distraught about it.

EDIT: Aqua, it was indeed Les Harvey. According to this Wikipedia entry: "It was while on stage with Stone the Crows at Swansea Top Rank in 1972 that he was killed, electrocuted by touching an unearthed microphone with wet hands."

Man it sucks to get old and senile. B)

Well, I'm glad to hear she's well. Did you ever read the infamous "Hammer of the Gods" book? Obviously, I've got it muddled but I thought there was a story in there about a female singer - a protege of Peter Grant's - being electrocuted whilst onstage. Mr. Grant was distraught about it.

Yeah, but don't make me read it again! :lol: He was distraught about Les Harvey, I know that much.

OK, I've got the thing here, and on p. 217 it describes Grant and lawyers screening a movie because of issues over the name Swan Song, and says "Suddenly, a rock star in the film was electrocuted onstage. It was too much like what had happened to Grant's client Les Harvey, and he began to weep."

I can't believe I'm quoting HOTG! :ph34r:

Aw, poor Mr. Grant. Thanks for looking that up. I won't tell anyone that you had HOTG so handy :)

I was at a Bad Company concert this past Friday night, and one song they played ("Gone, Gone, Gone") was a tribute to their late bass player, Boz. As they played, various images of Boz were shown on the video screen - one of them was Boz with Jimmy Page & Peter Grant! It got a huge cheer. A pic of Bonham went up during "Shooting Star" also.

Mr. Grant was Bad Company's manager too, wasn't he? No, no - never mind: I don't want you to have to look in that evil book again!!

Aw, poor Mr. Grant. Thanks for looking that up. I won't tell anyone that you had HOTG so handy :)

I was at a Bad Company concert this past Friday night, and one song they played ("Gone, Gone, Gone") was a tribute to their late bass player, Boz. As they played, various images of Boz were shown on the video screen - one of them was Boz with Jimmy Page & Peter Grant! It got a huge cheer. A pic of Bonham went up during "Shooting Star" also.

Mr. Grant was Bad Company's manager too, wasn't he? No, no - never mind: I don't want you to have to look in that evil book again!!

Yes he was, but I knew that without having to look in the evil book!

I had a friend who was a temp secretary at Swan Song for a few months, and when I asked her if she got to meet any of the interesting people there, she said "Like who?" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes he was, but I knew that without having to look in the evil book!

I had a friend who was a temp secretary at Swan Song for a few months, and when I asked her if she got to meet any of the interesting people there, she said "Like who?" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL! Oh my gawd, such opportunities are wasted on some, eh? But maybe they preferred to hire the blase, non-starstruck type who would just get on with their work.

We were at the Bad Co. show as well...hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!! Burning Sky was my favorite of the night...can't wait for the DVD :D

Archived