• 1972-1973
    • 1974-1975
    • 1976-1977
    • 1978-1979
    • 1980-Present
    • ALL OF THEM!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definately 1972-1973 Cuz they broke world records in terms of audience attendance back then. 56,800 fans for a single performance on May 5, 1973. Also How the West Was Won and The Song Remains the Same was recorded back then. And in How the West Was Won, Jimmy Page even stated that that was Zeppelin at its best. Also they had their Starship back then and they were #1 on the charts too. I would have liked to live those magical years.

Hi

This is quite difficult voted 1974/5, saw them twice at Earls Court and was pretty blown away (although I recall finding Moby Dick a bit boring)really love some of the bootlegs from that year.

I also like some of the 1972/3 bootlegs, saw them in 1972 at Ally Pally but don't remember the sense of occasion that Earls Court bought.

If I am being honest I have favourite bits from all years so maybe should have voted all of them.

Why restrict yourself to any given period when you can enjoy it all.

Andy

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess the combo 1969/1971 is not possible.:rolleyes:

1971 really shines if you dig the interplay and sublime set structure. The light and shade balance is simply perfect. As a group all the band members are now equal in all respects.

Page dominated 1969 cause he was the seasoned perfomer. But I wouldn't miss the 69 high octane shows; Tea Party, Winterland, Fillmore, Texas Pop...terrific!

The Europe 73 jaunt, the 'Groove' era (1970) and the 1972 US summer tour would be my third, fourth and fifth picks.

• 2 weeks later...

I say 72 - 75 were their best and biggest highlight of their career and the whole band i can't say 68 - 69 i mean come on they were new comers and 70 - 71 they were on the rise around the time LZ 3 was out and some people of their fans didn't like LZ 3 at the time. I say after Stairway To Heaven they were ripping the whole media, the haters, and the industry in to shed.

• 1 year later...

It's such a hard one to answer. From the time they stepped off the plane onto American soil until they were done in 1980 they were Earth's best band. I think in many ways you'd have to put 74-75 as your answer because of all that was accomplished. The release of Physical Grafitti was epic, and its interest shot all their previous albums into the Billboard Top 200. That feat had never been accomplished before.

The flip side is, there's also a beauty about the 71 and 72 shows before it got too huge for a normal stage crew and security force to contain.

I will go on record as saying I can't answer this one!

I would say 72-73 , they had 5 great albums to play from live by 73 . Jimmy's playing was at it's best and Roberts voice imo was better live during this time than later in the 70's . 72-73 was Zeppelin at their best :)

• 1 month later...

I chose '72-'73, but was very close to choosing '74-'75. I love PG, but I enjoy HOTH even more! (Mainly the Rain Song) Not to mention, this was at there height of their popularity, the numbers at Tampa are probably the best to describe this. Or, to simply put it, Led Zeppelin were at their peak from '72-'75.

• 1 year later...

74'-75'

Why? It's the period Led Zeppelin recorded and released Physical Graffiti - my favorite. 75' was also my favorite Led Zeppelin tour. That North American tour of 75' was phenomenal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived