Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

One of the most frustrating things is when you like a girl but she does not like you the same way. But some girl that you have no use for DOES like you. How in the hell do you break that pattern????? :o This has happened to me tons of times.

I am currently jealous of a buddy of mine who is dating a really cool, pretty girl. She has all the qualities that i like in a woman and he got her pretty easily. Yet i am struggling like a son of a B**ch to find one like her. It just seems so effortless for some of my friends. I am really the only one out of my group of friends that is having problems with this right now.

I don't think it would be possible for me to fall in love with one because the physical attraction would not be there. I am just saying that when you have a little too much to drink you don't always see things as they really are which could get you in trouble.

Spats, darlin', I've never seen a picture of you but (and this is genuine advice since I haven't been here long enough to know the inside jokes and all that) maybe since you seem to only base relationships/potential relationships on physical attractiveness it AINT WORKING. If you still haven't found the supermodel of your dreams then it's time to rethink the strategy, bud. ;)

One of the most frustrating things is when you like a girl but she does not like you the same way. But some girl that you have no use for DOES like you. How in the hell do you break that pattern????? :o This has happened to me tons of times.

The only advice I can give you here is: DON'T make the mistake of having someone else talk to her for you.

Case in point-- I had this happen once at work. This dude who worked for a company that was in the same building as ours used to come out to break the same time as me and the girls from work. He was cute-dark hair, adorable foreign accent, in good shape-I would have gladly dated him. BUT-he didn't ask me out, he had one of my coworkers ask me out for him!! I thought she was just pranking me, so I was like "no, fuck off." Which of course hurt his feelings, so he dated this other girl instead. And she was kinda whore-y so she pumped and dumped him, and then since him and I had become friends in the meantime, I had to hear allll about it.

Do you see what a mess that was? And it all could have been avoided by him simply asking me out face to face.

Ya'll,saddle up your horses,and send the posse to Toronto.Hang with Spats for a few days.Catch the Spats vibe in person,then tweak what needs to tweaked,just like they do on HGTV or some similar network.There is a resolution to this.Spats, you have to be receptive to criticism,positive or negative.(Any negative shit,flip 'em off while their back is to you)

Spats, darlin', I've never seen a picture of you but (and this is genuine advice since I haven't been here long enough to know the inside jokes and all that) maybe since you seem to only base relationships/potential relationships on physical attractiveness it AINT WORKING. If you still haven't found the supermodel of your dreams then it's time to rethink the strategy, bud. ;)

I don't base it only only on that but if a persons looks do not turn you on than the relationship is not going to go anywhere. There has to be physical attraction. There has to be. You are not gonna want to even kiss them if you don't think they are hot.

I hope you aren't the one they keep around to make them look good by comparison. Seriously, I've seen this sort of thing before.

Have you ever seen swingers the movie?? Sometimes i feel like John favreau hanging out with Vince Vaughn's character. Vince vaughn is scoring left and right and i am like John Favreau just not getting anywhere.

Except i don't end up with Heather Graham at the end of the night like John does in the movie.

I like to think of it as I am a narrator for all my buddies who are getting laid.

Moreover, I have the voice of the narrator from the "Wonder Years" t.v. show.

Other than that, I'm the better-by-comparison guy in our group too. Don't feel so bad Spats

The only advice I can give you here is: DON'T make the mistake of having someone else talk to her for you.

Case in point-- I had this happen once at work. This dude who worked for a company that was in the same building as ours used to come out to break the same time as me and the girls from work. He was cute-dark hair, adorable foreign accent, in good shape-I would have gladly dated him. BUT-he didn't ask me out, he had one of my coworkers ask me out for him!! I thought she was just pranking me, so I was like "no, fuck off." Which of course hurt his feelings, so he dated this other girl instead. And she was kinda whore-y so she pumped and dumped him, and then since him and I had become friends in the meantime, I had to hear allll about it.

Do you see what a mess that was? And it all could have been avoided by him simply asking me out face to face.

Or you could have asked him out. Guys do get nervous about asking women out ya know. I think women think guys are robots or something.

I have never had a buddy ask anyone out but i have had buddies ask a potential date or girlfriend if she was interested in me at all. Just so i could save getting my ass rejected.

Or you could have asked him out. Guys do get nervous about asking women out ya know. I think women think guys are robots or something.

I have never had a buddy ask anyone out but i have had buddies ask a potential date or girlfriend if she was interested in me at all. Just so i could save getting my ass rejected.

Gettin' rejected isn't so bad. Us sentimental fellows need to have something pretty killer going on to pull them in.

Its sailboats/living on a lake type shit. Thats what I'm trying at the moment.., haven't gotten anything yet though.., just moved in.

Gettin' rejected isn't so bad. Us sentimental fellows need to have something pretty killer going on to pull them in.

Its sailboats/living on a lake type shit. Thats what I'm trying at the moment.., haven't gotten anything yet though.., just moved in.

Trust me i know from experience that getting rejected is as bad as it's made out to be. It leaves mental scars.

Trust me i know from experience that getting rejected is as bad as it's made out to be. It leaves mental scars.

And I haven't?

Ha.

I'mabout as mental as they come brotha..,

... but I still like my sugar with coffee and cream.

Ya'll,saddle up your horses,and send the posse to Toronto.Hang with Spats for a few days.Catch the Spats vibe in person,then tweak what needs to tweaked,just like they do on HGTV or some similar network.There is a resolution to this.Spats, you have to be receptive to criticism,positive or negative.(Any negative shit,flip 'em off while their back is to you)

Although there would not be much to witness. I just go out with friends and hope a pretty girl intiates something and shows interest in me. That's pretty much it.

Spats are you looking for an actual relationship or just someone to boink? Because I can't lay heavy advice on your if you're just looking for a good fuck. If the latter is the case then, like someone else said, alcohol makes everything look fucking awesome... if you want it bad enough, you won't mind a potential Coyote Ugly.

Like you can tell me what to do. Ha.

Common sense would dictate that if you do not like someone then you stay away from them. That's what i would do. If you have no interest in anything i have to say then it would only make sense that you would not come near me. i keep my distance from you.

Spats are you looking for an actual relationship or just someone to boink? Because I can't lay heavy advice on your if you're just looking for a good fuck. If the latter is the case then, like someone else said, alcohol makes everything look fucking awesome... if you want it bad enough, you won't mind a potential Coyote Ugly.

Hi Bustle, yes i am looking for a girlfriend not just sacktime.

Hi Bustle, yes i am looking for a girlfriend not just sacktime.

Well, like I said earlier... you gotta change your approach to the whole thing. From what I've heard, the criteria you seem to care about the most is if she's hot. You're also fixated on the fact that other guys seem to have it easier. It's not a competition. What works for other guys doesn't apply to every guy... if you want a serious relationship then you have to base it on what it feels like to YOU. And going into a relationship based on looks is asking for trouble... sure the gal might be hot at first, but it won't matter when you find out she's conceited and boring like you said you hated at the beginning of the thread.

Archived