Page/Edge/White Documentary

Dandu

jack white is the most overrated guitarist i have ever come across, he shouldn't be in the same same sentence as jimmy, let alone the same documentary.

you're just mad that he didn't vote for ya......

You mean with a sense of total abandon, commitment, and accomplishment? How true!

Tastes just differ. :D I'll grant you "eccentric."

not exactly. i mean, its very tense and constricted, like he's trying to makes his abs pop out of his skin. Im not a huge fan of that style but if you like that's fine with me. I still can't compare him to the great vocalists like Plant, Freddy Mercury, Roger Daltrey, or Lou Gramm.

There haven't been any vocalists like that in a long, long time. The last vocalist i would label "great" would probably be Chris Robinson. Mabye Eddie Vedder. Or mabye not.

I don't know anything about "The Edge", but I find both Page (obviously) and White very interesting.

Jack White's voice is an acquired taste. It fits his music really well because of the contrast between his voice and his guitar.

And if you don't like Jack's voice or his guitar playing, at least he gets by a lot better than if Jimmy tried to do both.*

*not to say that Jimmy hasn't lent a helping voice every now and then, but I think you get my point.

He's a really odd person in a lot of ways, eccentric, i guess, but he does in a way I find more annoying and rather silly than in a Bob dylan sort of way.

Jack White's singing and playing style is a total early Kinks circa You Really Got Me thing.

either way i think the Black Crowes are woefully underrated.

The reason I don't list Chris Robinson as "great" is he has a penchant to singing in a blues scale over songs in a major key. He hangs on the minor third repetitively. It's like a reflex. Sometimes it works, sometimes it messes up a song. She Talks to Angels is a main offender. It's like he treats a major third is a cardinal sin.

sweeeet. I'll wanna see it if/when it is released.

The Edge is really good.

Jack White is an amazing guitarist, but that's about all he's good at. He can't sing worth a damn and he looks like a drowned rat with dimentia.

Since when are rock stars normal? :hysterical:

I had the pleasure of being front row center for The White Stripes when they played Toronto a few years ago and it was a helluva concert, one of the best I've seen in a long time. Jack White is very talented, regardless whether or not you like his singing or not.

Check this out... if you haven't seen it before. More of this is needed at music awards shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY5b5VUCCRU

I had the pleasure of being front row center for The White Stripes when they played Toronto a few years ago and it was a helluva concert, one of the best I've seen in a long time. Jack White is very talented, regardless whether or not you like his singing or not.

Check this out... if you haven't seen it before. More of this is needed at music awards shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY5b5VUCCRU

God, his voice is rough there--doesn't even matter to me in this case though, as the guitar-playing is just glorious. :)B)

Archived