Drummers who sing

JethroTull

Don Brewer is one hell of a drummer ! I didn't realize that he was the vocalist on that song.

Oh yes and He does a fine job . He also sang lead on Shinin On , Walk Like a Man , Gimmie Shelter a remake of the Stones Hit released on the Grand Funk lp Survival , He also shared singing duties with Mark on Some kind of Wonderful.

I forget his name, but Soundgarden's singer was the drummer too, but soon they hired another drummer for concerts and then permanently.

Also, Steven Tyler originally started as a drummer. Too bad he didn't stay there.

(that was joke, yeah he can sing pretty good)

Keith Moon "sang " Fiddle About from Tommy

I forget his name, but Soundgarden's singer was the drummer too, but soon they hired another drummer for concerts and then permanently.

Also, Steven Tyler originally started as a drummer. Too bad he didn't stay there.

(that was joke, yeah he can sing pretty good)

Keith Moon "sang " Fiddle About from Tommy

Sorry but that was The Ox who sang this song...since he wrote it.

Ringo should count.

Act Naturally

Yellow Submarine

With a Little Help From My Friends

Octupus's Garden

How can you not like those songs? Act Naturally was Buck Owens, but the Beatles version may be more popular than Buck's.

Ringo should count.

Act Naturally

Yellow Submarine

With a Little Help From My Friends

Octupus's Garden

How can you not like those songs? Act Naturally was Buck Owens, but the Beatles version may be more popular than Buck's.

I didn't count him because he wasn't one of the band's lead singers. 4 songs is barely a blip considering the size of their catalog. And the only song of those four I like is the 3rd song, and it's Joe Cocker's version I love.

In his defence, Keith did sing a campy version of the Beach Boys' "Barbara Ann" in the movie "The Kids Are Alright." Don't know if it was ever done in concert.

Yeah! Keith always loved to sing the high vocals...

'Bell Boy' is another track with Keith singing.

'I've got a good job

And I'm newly born.

You should see me dressed up in my uniform.

I work in hotel, all gilt and flash.

Remember the place where the doors were smashed?

Bell Boy! I got to keep running now.

Bell Boy! Keep my lip buttoned down.

Bell Boy! Carry this baggage out.

Bell Boy! Always running at someone's heel.

You know how I feel, always running at someone's heel.'

Oh yes and He does a fine job . He also sang lead on Shinin On

The live version of this song has been popping up on the radio, recently. Not sure how or why this came about? These DJs should be more careful - they might get fired if their manager found out they're playing something good, for once!

What about Phil Collins?He was a half decent drummer,apart from the laughable attempt at playing with Zep at Live Aid.If you are talking drummers-apart from Bonzo,try Neil Peart from Rush,or for the older generation,Buddy Rich????.....

Neil Peart sings? Which songs? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived